October 28, 2024, 10:25:56 AM

1,531,342 Posts in 46,732 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

I now own a Mac

Started by Daddy, September 05, 2007, 06:38:58 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: doobie on September 05, 2007, 07:54:10 PM
JMV, a tip for jew:
Put in the Install Disc 1 and go to optional installs and install X11. Programs like Gimp and OpenOffice require it.
And developer tools, since he's taking programming and will probably need to compile something down the road.

Also, Open Office can go to hell since there's NeoOffice.

Also, get Adium.

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

ME##

Cool, I really need to get a Mac, I'm so tired of Windows XP. I just wish the MacBook Pro didn't come only in that ugly aluminium colour, and the new iMacs weren't so ugly, looks like I'll have to a plain MacBook, but which colour? White or Black....  argh;

Daddy

Quote from: Lawlz on September 06, 2007, 03:28:14 AM
And developer tools, since he's taking programming and will probably need to compile something down the road.

Also, get Adium.
Yeah, I was already planning on getting NeoOffice.   It's based on OpenOffice, but doesn't have the fugly GUI.

And I installed adium and shiira last night.   

How do I make shiira keep me logged in? Checking the box doesn't seem to work.

As for the developer tools, I am going to download "NetBeans" since that's what we are using in the programming class. lol java

Title27GT

Quote from: Lawlz on September 06, 2007, 03:28:14 AM

You really are quite stupid, Lawlz.
NeoOffice sucks, I can tell you  that right now. That's why there's an entire page on their website dedicated to its constant crashing.

Kalahari Inkantation

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: Title on September 06, 2007, 12:20:57 PM
You really are quite stupid, Lawlz.
NeoOffice sucks, I can tell you  that right now. That's why there's an entire page on their website dedicated to its constant crashing.
cool

OpenOffice runs at about 25% of NeoOffice's speed and crashes as many times as NeoOffice does... which is never. psyduck;

Also, NeoOffice supports Office 07 documents.

Also, don't dare call me an idiot unless you're doing it just for the lols. spam;

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

Title27GT

Quote from: Lawlz on September 06, 2007, 12:55:12 PM
... which is never.
I now have every right to call you an idiot.

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: Title on September 06, 2007, 12:56:54 PM
I now have every right to call you an idiot.
BECAUSE MY MAC RUNS FLAWLESSLY AND NEOOFFICE HAS NEVER CRASHED ON MY MAC CLEARLY I AM THE IDIOT HERE BECAUSE I DON'T ERASE ESSENTIAL SYSTEM FILES DUE TO IGNORANCE.

Title27GT

Quote from: Lawlz on September 06, 2007, 01:00:08 PM
BECAUSE MY MAC RUNS FLAWLESSLY AND NEOOFFICE HAS NEVER CRASHED ON MY MAC CLEARLY I AM THE IDIOT HERE BECAUSE I DON'T ERASE ESSENTIAL SYSTEM FILES DUE TO IGNORANCE.
Not really, you're an idiot because you try to pass your opinion as fact, and then when you're faced with defending yourself you refer to something that happened in the past and has nothing to do with what we're talking about.  caterpie;

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: Title on September 06, 2007, 01:01:55 PM
Not really, you're an idiot because you try to pass your opinion as fact, and then when you're faced with defending yourself you refer to something that happened in the past and has nothing to do with what we're talking about.  caterpie;
Um, neither NeoOffice nor OpenOffice have ever crashed on my Mac. That is a fact, not an opinion. Maybe it's different for you since you know jack shit about computers. psyduck;

dumbass

guff

You're both idiots.

speaking of getting a mac, i'm not
might get an ipod touch if restrictions are eased on third party software and all that though

that's almost macish

Quote from: Lawlz on September 06, 2007, 01:04:04 PM
Um, neither NeoOffice nor OpenOffice have ever crashed on my Mac. That is a fact, not an opinion. Maybe it's different for you since you know jack shit about computers. psyduck;
so uh what ignorance could contribute to neooffice crashing but openoffice being stable

Title27GT

Quote from: Lawlz on September 06, 2007, 01:04:04 PM

dumbass
Oh Cool.

Let's see how all of this started.

Quote from: Lawlz on September 06, 2007, 01:01:55 PM
Okay, Cool. FACT. OpenOffice sucks, NeoOffice is awesome. See what I'm talking about? You don't know how to construct an argument because you never have proof that is even relative to the subject matter. Saying I know jack shit about computers, which I prefer over going outdoors once every 3 years, is not proof that OpenOffice sucks nor does it have anything to do with what we're talking about.

Kalahari Inkantation

lol u guys r arguin' ovr kompy00trs
Who honestly cares about weather or not someone else uses one program over another? You guys fight over the dumbest things. psyduck;

guff

Quote from: AURORA UNIT 312 MISSING on September 06, 2007, 01:08:33 PM
Who honestly cares about weather or not someone else uses one program over another?
90% chance of Lawlz

Title27GT

Quote from: AURORA UNIT 312 MISSING on September 06, 2007, 01:08:33 PM
lol u guys r arguin' ovr kompy00trs
Who honestly cares about weather or not someone else uses one program over another? You guys fight over the dumbest things. psyduck;
I don't fight, I state my opinion. And then Lawlz comes in, makes a dumbass comment whilst making a fool of himself, tries to defend himself by calling me Carrotass or something equally ineffective, and then inevitably says "cool" and forgets it ever happened.

Go Up