March 28, 2024, 11:28:58 AM

1,531,609 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

So I played my friends PS3

Started by reeper, April 16, 2007, 08:53:07 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

reeper

I sold it to him a while ago,

Every game I played really wasn't "fun" to me, probably because I barely played the games. I am probably one of the only people in the planet that thinks Sony should have stuck with the banana controller though. I noticed that the R2 and L2 are now trigger buttons instead of shoulder buttons. The graphics are very nice and the menus (especially the main one, when you turn it on) are extremely nice! Much more organized then the Wii and I do like them more then the 360s.

I played Resistance: Fall of Man, which I do have to give it slack for being a launch title but I was very lost while playing, The controls were very simple and it was pretty much any other first person shooter ever. The main reason people buy new game systems is to play something extremely new to them, but the PS3 really only offers better graphics at $599. Unless they can bring something new to the table, PS3 will sink very quickly.

I have to say that the main reason PS3 isn't selling well is because of the price, and because of the lack of games. If they just got two great games, they'd sell so much so easily.

Placebo Headwound

That's pretty much why I'm holding off on buying the PS3.

If MGS4 and FF13 are exclusive though, I'm definitely going to pick one up eventually.

Morning_Glory

2 games wont save the system forever, but it's not like I expect the PS3 to not sell. I doubt it will reach the same heights of the PS1 and PS2, especially with the Wii and 360 as competition.

The PS3 is okay, I wouldn't buy one for $400 though. It just lacks a good amount of good games, I wouldn't pay $600 to play MGS4 and FFXIII. They just aren't worth the money especially when I would buy most 3rd party titles for the 360 because of better controls and online.

reeper

Quote from: Morning_Glory on April 16, 2007, 11:17:36 PM
2 games wont save the system forever, but it's not like I expect the PS3 to not sell. I doubt it will reach the same heights of the PS1 and PS2, especially with the Wii and 360 as competition.

The PS3 is okay, I wouldn't buy one for $400 though. It just lacks a good amount of good games, I wouldn't pay $600 to play MGS4 and FFXIII. They just aren't worth the money especially when I would buy most 3rd party titles for the 360 because of better controls and online.
When I meant 2 games, I meant if they had games ready for being released right now, at least 2.

Morning_Glory

Quote from: xfollowthereaperx on April 16, 2007, 11:27:11 PM
Quote from: Morning_Glory on April 16, 2007, 11:17:36 PM

When I meant 2 games, I meant if they had games ready for being released right now, at least 2.

Oh yeah, that would help. The PS3 doesn't have much at the moment and it doesn't really have a big, exclusive game by the end of the year, save MGS4 and the possibility of Heavenly Sword.

reeper

Quote from: Morning_Glory on April 17, 2007, 12:05:02 AM
Oh yeah, that would help. The PS3 doesn't have much at the moment and it doesn't really have a big, exclusive game by the end of the year, save MGS4 and the possibility of Heavenly Sword.
Maybe they'll pull of a Nintendo 64, which didn't sell very much until Zelda: OOT came out  psyduck;

Either way, I think it's PS3's generation to either barely stay alive or die out.

mariofreak55

Quote from: Thief888 on April 16, 2007, 09:40:41 PM
That's pretty much why I'm holding off on buying the PS3.

If MGS4 and FF13 are exclusive though, I'm definitely going to pick one up eventually.
I wouldn't bet on it..

UnagiPower

Quote from: xfollowthereaperx on April 16, 2007, 08:53:07 PM
I sold it to him a while ago,

Every game I played really wasn't "fun" to me, probably because I barely played the games. I am probably one of the only people in the planet that thinks Sony should have stuck with the banana controller though. I noticed that the R2 and L2 are now trigger buttons instead of shoulder buttons. The graphics are very nice and the menus (especially the main one, when you turn it on) are extremely nice! Much more organized then the Wii and I do like them more then the 360s.

I played Resistance: Fall of Man, which I do have to give it slack for being a launch title but I was very lost while playing, The controls were very simple and it was pretty much any other first person shooter ever. The main reason people buy new game systems is to play something extremely new to them, but the PS3 really only offers better graphics at $599. Unless they can bring something new to the table, PS3 will sink very quickly.

I have to say that the main reason PS3 isn't selling well is because of the price, and because of the lack of games. If they just got two great games, they'd sell so much so easily.

Meh, I'd say the 360 and PS3 are pretty evenly matched. And that's based on me just looking at the games on each console. Not to mention there are a crapload of random internet articles that say the 360 and PS3 are matched in graphics.

reeper

Quote from: UnagiPower on April 17, 2007, 01:42:30 PM
Meh, I'd say the 360 and PS3 are pretty evenly matched. And that's based on me just looking at the games on each console. Not to mention there are a crapload of random internet articles that say the 360 and PS3 are matched in graphics.
They're not matched at all, graphics on the PS3 are better, remember the current games are launch titles and rushed titles. and the other thing, which doesn't matter for anyone right now, is the huge ammount of room the PS3 has on each disc. Also, more room = better cutscenes

anus

I've played the PS3 as well, and here are my impressions.

I like how light the controller is. It's like a feather. The graphics are also really nice. I think they're better than the 360's. The gameplay is nothing spectacular.

I played Virtua Fighter 5. Good game.
dicks

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: xfollowthereaperx on April 17, 2007, 04:12:32 PM
They're not matched at all, graphics on the PS3 are better, remember the current games are launch titles and rushed titles. and the other thing, which doesn't matter for anyone right now, is the huge ammount of room the PS3 has on each disc. Also, more room = better cutscenes
More cutscenes=less gameplay=Final Fantasy= ugly;

The only reason Super Paper Mario sucks is because there's too much reading and not enough actual play time.

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

UnagiPower

Actually more room= more room to be sloppy. Developers can pretty easily compress a crap loads of data into a small space(teh DVD disc).

Morning_Glory

More multiplatform games=Same graphics.

The only games that will be pushing the systems are the exclusives. Gears of War is a prime example. The 360 and the PS3 are matched and will be for sometime. 3rd party developers wont go out of their way to improve graphics for another system, especially if the difference will be minuscule.

Oh, and more space does not equal better graphics. Compression is doing fine(Ex: Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion), not to mention it seems like the only developers using FMVs are Square-Enix and Mystwalkers, everyone else seems to be using the in-game engine.

mariofreak55

Quote from: Lawlz on April 17, 2007, 04:18:19 PM

The only reason Super Paper Mario sucks is because there's too much reading and not enough actual play time.
BUT THE STORY IS COMPLETE SEX MAN

Morning_Glory

Quote from: Lawlz on April 17, 2007, 04:18:19 PM

Imagine MGS4.

50 hours of movie, 10 of gameplay.

Go Up