September 30, 2024, 07:35:35 AM

1,531,325 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

I am getting $500 deposited to my bank account tomorrow.

Started by V, July 23, 2007, 07:25:20 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

anus

Why do all people feel the need to spend their money the second they get some?

I'd just save it.
dicks

Samus Aran

Quote from: Sami on July 23, 2007, 07:56:34 PM

I'd just save it.

I don't spend almost any of my money, but I barely have any anyway.  caterpie;

Snorkel

Quote from: Lawlz on July 23, 2007, 07:54:51 PM
4 gigs and 8 gigs isn't enough for most people. If it truly can do everything, it should have more space for apps and a movie or two.

Also, I believe 3G was left out just to cut costs.

I wouldn't say "most people". The highest selling iPod is the 4gb model, I believe... might even  be the 2gb. The majority of people don't have 30gb of music they want to carry around. Granted, it has photo and video capability too, but if you've got 200-300 songs, you can fit quite a few TV episodes or a few movies in 8gb.

The official reason on EDGE over 3G was because the chip was physically too big, and because it got way too hot, but I don't doubt it had something to do with costs as well.

anus

Quote from: Kaz on July 23, 2007, 07:57:03 PM
I don't spend almost any of my money, but I barely have any anyway.  caterpie;

I have $950. woop;

I plan to buy a new T.V and a watch, since I've been saving up since last September.
dicks

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: Sami on July 23, 2007, 07:56:34 PM

I'd just save it.
Considering he's going to college and is going to need to get a computer (obviously, a Mac) that works...
Quote from: Snorkel on July 23, 2007, 07:57:33 PM
I wouldn't say "most people". The highest selling iPod is the 4gb model, I believe... might even  be the 2gb. The majority of people don't have 30gb of music they want to carry around. Granted, it has photo and video capability too, but if you've got 200-300 songs, you can fit quite a few TV episodes or a few movies in 8gb.

The official reason on EDGE over 3G was because the chip was physically too big, and because it got way too hot, but I don't doubt it had something to do with costs as well.
A majority of people buy iPod nanos.

A majority of people are idiots.

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

Title27GT

Quote from: Lawlz on July 23, 2007, 07:55:33 PM
Even I wouldn't get one at the moment.

Neither would I.
I was walking my dog down 58th on release day at the Apple Store. There were like 100 campers sitting outside near the cafe. They wouldn't even let people that weren't camping walk on the sidewalk. I wouldn't to run over and pickpocket because most of them had 600 dollars cash in their pocket.

V

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: V on July 23, 2007, 08:00:11 PM
I mean, why should I wait?
Because it's Apple.

They're bound to improve it in every way and drop the price in just a few months. Besides, isn't doing school work more important that calling friends on a touchscreen phone? psyduck;

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

Snorkel

Quote from: V on July 23, 2007, 08:00:11 PM
I mean, why should I wait?

I don't really see one. I got mine on launch day, and it's been perfect.

And really, regardless of what version you finally get, it's going to be updated within a year, most likely.

V

Quote from: Lawlz on July 23, 2007, 08:01:35 PM
Because it's Apple.

They're bound to improve it in every way and drop the price in just a few months. Besides, isn't doing school work more important that calling friends on a touchscreen phone? psyduck;

What does my money have to do with me doing my school work?

And I guess you're right about the upgrade and whatnot. I guess I'll try and wait it out to see if they release a newer and improved verison.

Title27GT

Quote from: Lawlz on July 23, 2007, 08:01:35 PM
Because it's Apple.

That is so true. Probably the worst thing about Apple is that you can buy a Mac Pro with intel C2D 3.0 GHz Monster ATI Graphics card with a 750 gig hard drive with a 30" Apple Cinema Display and theyll update the shit out of it the next month.

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: V on July 23, 2007, 08:03:25 PM
What does my money have to do with me doing my school work?

And I guess you're right about the upgrade and whatnot. I guess I'll try and wait it out to see if the release a newer and improved verison.
Because you need to buy a decent computer to handle your work and show off and convert everyone. psyduck;

Of course.

Snorkel

Quote from: Title27GT on July 23, 2007, 08:03:57 PM
That is so true. Probably the worst thing about Apple is that you can buy a Mac Pro with intel C2D 3.0 GHz Monster ATI Graphics card with a 750 gig hard drive with a 30" Apple Cinema Display and theyll update the shit out of it the next month.

However, that doesn't make the one you bought obsolete. It'll still be an amazing machine for quite a long time.

And I can pretty much say with certainty that the current iPhone will not see a major revision within a year. I'm sure they'll release an "iPhone Nanon", but not a revision to the current one.

V

Quote from: Lawlz on July 23, 2007, 08:05:12 PM
Because you need to buy a decent computer to handle your work and show off and convert everyone. psyduck;

Of course.

You would like that, wouldn't you? For me to convert everyone to Mac users?  powerofone;

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: Snorkel on July 23, 2007, 08:05:39 PM
However, that doesn't make the one you bought obsolete. It'll still be an amazing machine for quite a long time.

And I can pretty much say with certainty that the current iPhone will not see a major revision within a year. I'm sure they'll release an "iPhone Nanon", but not a revision to the current one.
Apple launched Core Duo iMacs.

Within half a year, we had Core 2 Duo iMacs.
Quote from: V on July 23, 2007, 08:06:41 PM
You would like that, wouldn't you? For me to convert everyone to Mac users?  powerofone;
I've done it, so you can too.

Go Up