September 30, 2024, 07:28:08 AM

1,531,325 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

I am getting $500 deposited to my bank account tomorrow.

Started by V, July 23, 2007, 07:25:20 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Feynman

Quote from: V on July 23, 2007, 07:44:18 PM
I still don't have a Wii.  gonk; Should I get that?

Maybe when Mario Kart, Metroid, and Smash Bros are all available. Next year.

Title27GT

Quote from: Lawlz on July 23, 2007, 07:42:20 PM
Just 2 gigs? 2 gigs is more than enough for most things; too bad it's already made a standard by shit like Vista. psyduck;

Also, I believe the Pro's are made of aluminum. They're pretty much resistant to everything. For their price, Pro's are a damn good deal. Standard Macbooks, particularly the black ones, are overpriced by a bit.

That's not what I meant.
I meant the 2 gigs of RAM is one of the only BIG advantages over the black macbook.
Anyways, this is what im talking about:

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: Bassir on July 23, 2007, 07:45:28 PM
Which Linux users can take advantage of.

buy vista pc, install linux, awesome
Yeah, because GIMP really requires that much just for a cheap website banner.

I can understand a Mac using that much for editing video and making billboards and such in Photoshop, but really, few people are able to take advantage of more than a gig.

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

Snorkel

Uh, on the new iPhone, there's currently no rumors for an enhanced "pro" iPhone, i.e. the current one. All that's being talked about is the introduction of an "iPhone nano", which would be out by year's end and not have nearly the features of the current iPhone, most likely. Much lower price point, though, obviously. The strategy would be to establish low- and high-end iPhones, as they have with the iPod and to some extent Mac.

And no, don't get a Wii, if anything spend $50 and get a NES with some games.

Feynman

Quote from: Lawlz on July 23, 2007, 07:48:10 PM
Yeah, because GIMP really requires that much just for a cheap website banner.

I can understand a Mac using that much for editing video and making billboards and such in Photoshop, but really, few people are able to take advantage of more than a gig.

2GB and a nice graphics card can make Ubuntu look pretty sweet with Beryl or Compiz.

If all you can afford is a PC, getting a nice one and installing Linux is the best thing to do.

V

Ok, so no Wii.  edumacate;

Possibly a Macbook.  ness;

Possibly an iPhone.  caterpie;

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: Snorkel on July 23, 2007, 07:48:38 PM
Uh, on the new iPhone, there's currently no rumors for an enhanced "pro" iPhone, i.e. the current one. All that's being talked about is the introduction of an "iPhone nano", which would be out by year's end and not have nearly the features of the current iPhone, most likely. Much lower price point, though, obviously. The strategy would be to establish low- and high-end iPhones, as they have with the iPod and to some extent Mac.

And no, don't get a Wii, if anything spend $50 and get a NES with some games.

Though, the next iPhone will toss in 3G and a few other features. The style and everything else should remain the same.
Quote from: Bassir on July 23, 2007, 07:49:58 PM
2GB and a nice graphics card can make Ubuntu look pretty sweet with Beryl or Compiz.

If all you can afford is a PC, getting a nice one and installing Linux is the best thing to do.
All features that OS X has as a standard and can handle on as little as 128 megs of RAM.

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

Title27GT

Quote from: V on July 23, 2007, 07:50:40 PM
Ok, so no Wii.  edumacate;

Possibly a Macbook.  ness;

Possibly an iPhone.  caterpie;

If I were you, I would have a MacBook as more of a priority than an iPhone.

Feynman

Quote from: V on July 23, 2007, 07:50:40 PM
Ok, so no Wii.  edumacate;

Possibly a Macbook.  ness;

Possibly an iPhone.  caterpie;

If your current computer just isn't working for you, get a Macbook. If your phone sucks and you can deal with your PC for a few more months, get an iPhone. It isn't that hard.

Title27GT

Quote from: Lawlz on July 23, 2007, 07:51:38 PM
Though, the next iPhone will toss in 3G and a few other features. The style and everything else should remain the same.All features that OS X has as a standard and can handle on as little as 128 megs of RAM.

Most people would tell you that they refuse to run OS X on anything less than 1 gig.

Snorkel

Quote from: Lawlz on July 23, 2007, 07:51:38 PM
Though, the next iPhone will toss in 3G and a few other features. The style and everything else should remain the same.

I don't really see why they'd update to 3G; if they couldn't because of size/heat restraints with the 1st gen iPhone, I don't see why they suddenly can a few months later. Also, it's not like having EDGE is a huge problem... the speeds I've experienced using it aren't bad at all.

And what, besides that, barring software updates, can they really improve?

V

Quote from: Bassir on July 23, 2007, 07:52:34 PM
If your current computer just isn't working for you, get a Macbook. If your phone sucks and you can deal with your PC for a few more months, get an iPhone. It isn't that hard.

I can see myself getting the iPhone first.

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: Snorkel on July 23, 2007, 07:53:24 PM
I don't really see why they'd update to 3G; if they couldn't because of size/heat restraints with the 1st gen iPhone, I don't see why they suddenly can a few months later. Also, it's not like having EDGE is a huge problem... the speeds I've experienced using it aren't bad at all.

And what, besides that, barring software updates, can they really improve?
4 gigs and 8 gigs isn't enough for most people. If it truly can do everything, it should have more space for apps and a movie or two.

Also, I believe 3G was left out just to cut costs.

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: V on July 23, 2007, 07:54:02 PM
Even I wouldn't get one at the moment.

Feynman

Quote from: V on July 23, 2007, 07:54:02 PM

Then maybe you can deal with your current computer for a while. Get an iPhone.

Go Up