September 30, 2024, 03:12:08 PM

1,531,325 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

They expect me to believe this?

Started by Samus Aran, July 23, 2007, 04:57:39 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Samus Aran

QuoteBank Of America <[email protected]>       

We recently have determined that different computers have logged onto your Online Banking account, and multiple password failures were present before the logons. We now need you to re-confirm your account information to us.

If this is not completed by July 26, 2007, we will be forced to suspend your account indefinitely, as it may have been used for fraudulent purposes. We thank you for your cooperation in this manner.

To confirm your Online Banking records click on the following link:
http://mail.musicmasterint.com/~info/bankofamerica.php

Thank you for your patience in this matter.

Bank Of America Customer Service

Please do not reply to this e-mail as this is only a notification. Mail sent to this address cannot be answered.

2007 Bank Of America, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

What a lame attempt at a scam.  psyduck;

Samus Aran

Quote from: reefer on July 23, 2007, 04:58:43 PM
THAT WAS A SCAM?  gonk;

Duh. Look at the URL given. That's not even close to what BOA's real URL is.  psyduck;

Plus, I don't have an account with BOA, or actually, online banking with any bank.

guff

Just reply with a message claiming that you're the FBI and you have already TRACED THEIR INTERNET ADDRESS.

Wrench

The link gave it all away. Nice try though.

Samus Aran

Quote from: steal on July 23, 2007, 05:05:49 PM
If it was really Bank of America, they wouldn't use a Gmail account. Although I have to admit it wasn't a bad attempt. It all sounds pretty professional if you ignore the URLs, and the fact that you don't have a Bank of America account.

I'm sure they've ripped off at least a few people with that scam.

Yeah, the probably have. I'm sure a lot of people wouldn't pay attention to those little tidbits.

Daddy

Title27GT

Quote from: Kaz on July 23, 2007, 04:59:50 PM
Duh. Look at the URL given. That's not even close to what BOA's real URL is.  psyduck;

Plus, I don't have an account with BOA, or actually, online banking with any bank.

Do you have a sense of humor?
He was joking, numbnutts.

Samus Aran

Quote from: Title27GT on July 23, 2007, 06:45:32 PM
Do you have a sense of humor?
He was joking, numbnutts.

I've known Reaper for a long time. I know he was joking. That doesn't mean I can't elaborate on why it's obvious.

Also, what's a "nutt?"  psyduck;

Title27GT

Quote from: Kaz on July 23, 2007, 06:46:43 PM
I've known Reaper for a long time. I know he was joking. That doesn't mean I can't elaborate on why it's obvious.

Also, what's a "nutt?"  psyduck;

Tell me, when you correct the grammer of other people, even when it's one letter off, do you get some sort of high? Honestly, you're one of the geekiest people I've ever come in contact with.

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: Title27GT on July 23, 2007, 06:49:09 PM
Tell me, when you correct the grammer of other people, even when it's one letter off, do you get some sort of high? Honestly, you're one of the geekiest people I've ever come in contact with.
It's "grammar," you dumb shit.

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

Title27GT

Quote from: Lawlz on July 23, 2007, 06:53:11 PM
It's "grammar," you dumb shit.

LOL, thanks for making yourself look like an even BIGGER NERD.

NOA_Haunted

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: Title27GT on July 23, 2007, 06:56:19 PM
LOL, thanks for making yourself look like an even BIGGER NERD.
PROTIP: Calling others "nerds" on the internet is the lowest form of "bullying" and only makes you more of a loser.

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

Title27GT

Quote from: Lawlz on July 23, 2007, 06:57:13 PM
PROTIP: Calling others "nerds" on the internet is the lowest form of "bullying" and only makes you more of a loser.

Making fun of other people's grammar is the lowest form of being a NERD.

Go Up