September 29, 2024, 03:21:05 PM

1,531,325 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Hey computer people.

Started by demonprince, July 23, 2007, 01:09:12 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

demonprince

what does DDR2 mean in memory?  psyduck;

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

Feynman

Snorkel

guff

Title27GT

superclucky

Quote from: Commodore Guff on July 23, 2007, 01:40:23 PM
RAM is a type of internet connection.
I thought Rams were animals.  psyduck;
kewns are smelly

Feynman

Quote from: Commodore Guff on July 23, 2007, 01:40:23 PM
RAM is a type of internet connection.

RAM is the file extension for the RealAudio file format.

pringle positive

DDR2 is basically a faster and better Double Data Rate

Daddy

What if a RAM and a GNU have a baby?

Feynman

Quote from: JMV290 on July 23, 2007, 03:01:02 PM
What if a RAM and a GNU have a baby?

I'm not sure if hardware can have a GNU General Public License. But if it were so, the RAM would be free and would probably come with some type of kit that'll allow modification to it. caterpie;

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: Bassir on July 23, 2007, 03:05:52 PM
I'm not sure if hardware can have a GNU General Public License. But if it were so, the RAM would be free and would probably come with some type of kit that'll allow modification to it. caterpie;
GNU (pronounced /gnu/ (helpĆ,Ā·info)) is a computer operating system composed entirely of free software.

:|

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

guff

Quote from: Lawlz on July 23, 2007, 03:10:19 PM
GNU (pronounced /gnu/ (helpĆ,Ā·info)) is a computer operating system composed entirely of free software.

Moby-Dick[1] is an 1851 novel by Herman Melville. The novel describes the voyage of the whaling ship Pequod, commanded by Captain Ahab, who leads his crew on a hunt for the great whale Moby Dick. The book's language is highly symbolic, and many themes run throughout the work. The narrator's reflections, along with complex descriptions of the grueling work of whaling and the personalities of his shipmates, are woven into a profound meditation on society, nature, and the human struggle for meaning, happiness, and salvation. Moby-Dick is often considered the epitome of American Romanticism. The novel frequently employs Shakespearean devices, including formal stage directions and extended soliloquies and asides.

The novel was first published by Richard Bentley in London on October 18, 1851 in an expurgated three-volume edition entitled The Whale, and then, in one massive volume, by New York City publisher Harper and Brothers as Moby-Dick; or, The Whale on November 14, 1851. The first line of Chapter OneĆ¢ā,¬ā€"Call me Ishmael."Ć¢ā,¬ā€is one of the most famous in literature. Although the book initially received mostly negative reviews, Moby-Dick is now considered one of the greatest novels in the English language and has secured Melville's reputation in the first rank of American writers.

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: Commodore Guff on July 23, 2007, 03:39:22 PM
Moby-Dick[1] is an 1851 novel by Herman Melville. The novel describes the voyage of the whaling ship Pequod, commanded by Captain Ahab, who leads his crew on a hunt for the great whale Moby Dick. The book's language is highly symbolic, and many themes run throughout the work. The narrator's reflections, along with complex descriptions of the grueling work of whaling and the personalities of his shipmates, are woven into a profound meditation on society, nature, and the human struggle for meaning, happiness, and salvation. Moby-Dick is often considered the epitome of American Romanticism. The novel frequently employs Shakespearean devices, including formal stage directions and extended soliloquies and asides.

The novel was first published by Richard Bentley in London on October 18, 1851 in an expurgated three-volume edition entitled The Whale, and then, in one massive volume, by New York City publisher Harper and Brothers as Moby-Dick; or, The Whale on November 14, 1851. The first line of Chapter OneĆ¢ā,¬ā€"Call me Ishmael."Ć¢ā,¬ā€is one of the most famous in literature. Although the book initially received mostly negative reviews, Moby-Dick is now considered one of the greatest novels in the English language and has secured Melville's reputation in the first rank of American writers.
Moby (born Richard Melville Hall, September 11, 1965), is an American songwriter, musician and singer.
He was born in Harlem, New York, and raised in Darien, Connecticut. After eight UK Top 40 singles in the 1990s with techno music, his biggest success was his more mainstream album Play, released in 1999, which sold 10 million copies worldwide.[1] He continues to record and release music today.
His parents nicknamed him Moby soon after birth,[2] partly after the novel Moby-Dick, which was written by Herman Melville, his great-great-great-great uncle. He plays keyboard, guitar, bass guitar and drums. He has also released music under the names Voodoo Child, Barracuda, UHF, The Brotherhood, DJ Cake, Lopez, and Mindstorm. He has received a lot of attention for his political, environmental and religious beliefs.

Feynman

Quote from: Lawlz on July 23, 2007, 03:10:19 PM
GNU (pronounced /gnu/ (help·info)) is a computer operating system composed entirely of free software.

GNU's Not Unix! - Free Software, Free Society.

WikiPedia is shit.

Go Up