September 25, 2024, 02:13:19 PM

1,531,321 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Sonic and the Secret Rings

Started by Feynman, July 21, 2007, 07:17:00 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Feynman

It's actually a pretty fun game.

JUST DON'T ACTUALLY BUY IT.

Pirittokuru

Yeah, my sisters rented it, and as soon as I saw them playing it I was like 'Oooookay... No' I don't like games like that. They're really boring to me.

The artist formally known

Eru_Roraito

Quote from: reefer on July 22, 2007, 01:12:19 AM
All 3D Sonic games suck, sorry
Sonic Adventure 1 is the only exception.
Will eat for food.

Eru_Roraito

Quote from: steal on July 22, 2007, 02:04:02 AM
No, it still sucked. It just sucked slightly less than the other ones.
I thought it was pretty good.
Nothing compared to the 2-D versions, but still good.
Will eat for food.

Rodjr

I thought the game is pretty good.

Ace Of Blades

The only good 3D Sonic games are Sonic Adventure 1 and Sonic Adventure 2.

And the people who say they suck, either go play them or stop being traditionalists who can't accept that 3D Sonic games aren't just "hold the right button until you finish" like the 2D games were.

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: Ace Of Blades on July 22, 2007, 08:15:47 AM

And the people who say they suck, either go play them or stop being traditionalists who can't accept that 3D Sonic games aren't just "hold the right button until you finish" like the 2D games were.
I think you have it mixed up.

Sonic 1-Knuckles were true platforming games. You actually had to think before just moving on, and be careful with where you jump, when you jump, which path you choose, etc. The only levels in any Sonic game that are "just hold right to win" are Green Hills Zone, Chemical Plant Zone, and Mushroom Hill Zone.

As for the Adventure games? You're correct, it's not just hold right to win;  it's hold up and just hit the A button whenever you come across a massive chain of enemies (about once or twice a level, if at all). The only reason you die in those PoS games is because the camera angles are pure ass.

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

Samus Aran

LOL idiot.

If you're just holding the right button, you must be getting hit by every enemy that comes across. It doesn't work, retard. Like Lawlz said, only a few levels were truly safe enough to let you just blaze through the whole level. And again, as Lawlz said, you just hold up and defeat a few baddies and jump in the Adventure ones.

The artist formally known

I never liked Sonic because the game was level memorizing and just walking right for an hour dodging a few obstacles, the 2D ones were fun when I played them but I enjoyed Mario and Zelda much more, I didn't know what the fuck Metroid was until Super Smash Brothers came out; like most people.

My friend was Sega and I was Nintendo. I had NES and SNES, he had a Master System, Genesis, and 3D glasses. It's funny thinking of my childhood because everything I've ever done in it was guided by someone else, I didn't pick out any video games until PS1; thank god, most PS1 games I chose were horrible, my brother got me into PaRappa and stuff, but I sucked until I was way way older.

Bubsy, Zelda, Mario, Ren & Stimpy, and TMNT were the main NES and SNES games I played, too lazy to find out which Ren & Stimpy game it was. God I loved that cartoon.

President Evil

Tomboh

Quote from: Bassir on July 21, 2007, 07:17:00 PM
It's actually a pretty fun game.
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

That game was fucking terrible. It was the most boring, repetitive piece of shit I've ever played on the Wii.

Eru_Roraito

Sonic Adventure 2 is the biggest piece of shit I've ever seen. It introduced Shadow.
Will eat for food.

Ace Of Blades

Quote from: Eru_Roraito on July 23, 2007, 04:01:52 AM
Sonic Adventure 2 is the biggest piece of shit I've ever seen. It introduced Shadow.

Shadow was a good character in that game. He sucked afterwards (mostly because he came back to life for no reason), but he was awesome in SA2.

Eru_Roraito

SEGA just needed another character and thought, "Oh hey, let's make Sonic looks evil with Black and Red and flip his spikes around. Then we can make him seem like a total badass, but really, he's just a hedgehog."
Will eat for food.

Go Up