September 29, 2024, 11:25:16 AM

1,531,325 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

New Rule: Stop reporting threads unless they break a rule

Started by Daddy, July 20, 2007, 12:37:09 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Daddy

Judging by the fact that we have very few rules, there should be very few threads being reported.

Just because a thread is locked and you want to comment on it doesn't mean you can report the thread to comment on it.   I'm getting tired of having to read through bullshit reports with comments like that.    I will be banning people who repeatedly do this. This isn't a joke thread,  it's very annoying to have to check on false reports.

Ricky

Seriously. And if you don't report threads or posts, start doing it, it helps.

in b4 this thread is reported

Daddy

Quote from: Ricky on July 20, 2007, 12:39:22 PM
Seriously. And if you don't report threads or posts, start doing it, it helps.

in b4 this thread is reported
Guff's reading it.  I'm waiting for Guff to report this thread.  I will then have to hear Bassir complain about me banning Guff for it.

guff

;______;

Yeah, trust me, I know how hard it is to click on the solve report button.  psyduck;

Quote from: JMV290 on July 20, 2007, 12:40:20 PM
I'm waiting for Guff to report this thread.
why

Daddy

Quote from: Commodore Guff on July 20, 2007, 12:40:53 PM
;______;

Yeah, trust me, I know how hard it is to click on the solve report button.  psyduck;
why
Because you think you're funny, when you're really annoying.

Ricky

guff

Quote from: JMV290 on July 20, 2007, 12:41:38 PM
Because you think you're funny, when you're really annoying.
cool

wait how does that answer my question  psyduck;

Daddy

Quote from: Commodore Guff on July 20, 2007, 12:43:08 PM
cool

wait how does that answer my question  psyduck;
You asked why.

The reason why I'm waiting for you to report the thread is because you think you're funny. You think it's funny to report threads and leave stupid comments just because the thread is locked.

We have a PM feature, use it.

guff

Quote from: JMV290 on July 20, 2007, 12:44:39 PM
The reason why I'm waiting for you to report the thread is because you think you're funny. You think it's funny to report threads and leave stupid comments just because the thread is locked.
I think I'm funny, therefore you're waiting on me to report the thread?  psyduck;
I like cherry pie, so I'm going to go jogging today.

You think this is funny.  What gave you the impression that you have room to talk?

Quote from: JMV290 on July 20, 2007, 12:44:39 PM
We have a PM feature, use it.
I do.  Mr. Forum tells me I have some messages.  This seems to indicate I have, in fact, used PMs.
Do you use PMs?

Daddy

Quote from: Commodore Guff on July 20, 2007, 12:53:25 PM
I think I'm funny, therefore you're waiting on me to report the thread?  psyduck;
I like cherry pie, so I'm going to go jogging today.
You know you would have reported the thread if I had not made the comment. 
You think this is funny.  What gave you the impression that you have room to talk?

That is actually hilarious.
I do.  Mr. Forum tells me I have some messages.  This seems to indicate I have, in fact, used PMs.
Do you use PMs?

Yes, I do.

guff

God damn it, leave your reply in your fucking post.  The forum automatically removes nested quotes.

Quote from: JMV290 on July 20, 2007, 01:00:13 PM
You know you would have reported the thread if I had not made the comment.
Granted, I could just say that I wouldn't, but you seem to have figured me out.  Can't get anything by you.
What number am I thinking of?
That is actually hilarious.

No, it isn't.  I'm getting tired of having to read through bullshit threads with posts like that.
Yes, I do.
That's nice.  So why not use them rather than calling me out in this thread?  psyduck;

Daddy

Quote from: Commodore Guff on July 20, 2007, 01:10:09 PMGranted, I could just say that I wouldn't, but you seem to have figured me out.  Can't get anything by you.
What number am I thinking of?

Quote from: Commodore Guff on July 20, 2007, 01:10:09 PMNo, it isn't.  I'm getting tired of having to read through bullshit threads with posts like that.

Here's the funny thing. You don't have to read the posts I make at NSider do you? I seem to recall the fact that you were banned years ago.   I'm an admin here, I have to read all of the shit you report.
Quote from: Commodore Guff on July 20, 2007, 01:10:09 PMThat's nice.  So why not use them rather than calling me out in this thread?  psyduck;
Has it ever dawned upon you that you aren't the only person doing this?   I know it's hard to comprehend that you aren't the only person I would ban without a second though, but there are other people.

j o e i n c

Daddy

guff

Quote from: JMV290 on July 20, 2007, 01:23:21 PM
Wrong.
You don't have to read the posts I make at NSider do you? I seem to recall the fact that you were banned years ago.   I'm an admin here, I have to read all of the shit you report.

No, I don't have to.  In fact, I've yet to read most of your posts.  Those that I have read, though, tell me that you aren't exactly qualified to judge humor.
Yes, I was banned two years ago.  Thanks for remembering.  But where the fuck did that come out of?
I like potatoes.
Who says you have to be an admin?
Given that you have made a choice to continue to be an admin rather than resign, it's your duty to go through the useless reports as well as the legitimate ones.  Most will generally be of the former.
And if you're the only one burdened with such a grave, horrible task, maybe you should get some other admins or moderators to go through the reports as well?
Here's the funny thing.

That wasn't funny at all. psyduck;
Has it ever dawned upon you that you aren't the only person doing this?   I know it's hard to comprehend that you aren't the only person I would ban without a second though, but there are other people.
Have you realized that you mentioned me by name and how I would get banned for reporting this?  Which other people?  How many reports are in the report board currently?

Go Up