April 16, 2024, 04:11:54 AM

1,531,643 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Best Classic Rock Band Is....

Started by Selkie, April 28, 2007, 09:11:56 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Selkie

Boston.

stfu if you say Led Zeppelin, AC/DC, Van Halen, or any other band that cannot possibly stand up to Boston's amazingness.

Morning_Glory

Samus Aran

Well I do love Boston, but Led Zeppelin is still my favorite. I enjoy the hell out of Boston's debut album.

Andrew1911

Oh, dear Lord, Boston? No.  gonk;

The Who, perhaps.

Morning_Glory

Quote from: Andrew1911 on April 28, 2007, 01:22:40 PM

The Who, perhaps.

Either The Who or The Beatles, maybe Led Zeppelin.

Selkie

Quote from: Morning_Glory on April 28, 2007, 01:36:35 PM

The Who, perhaps.

Oh well, besides the beatles.

I thought that went without saying.

And Kaz, yea their first album is amazing

Solar and Lunar

Technically Pink Floyd can be considered ROCK, no? But if they aren't then The Who definitely...
No, I've never heard of that site. Yes, you are very cool for knowing about them. Yes, I will join as soon as possible. No, I'm not kidding. God, shut up already!

Samus Aran

Quote from: Solar and Lunar on April 28, 2007, 03:32:25 PM
Technically Pink Floyd can be considered ROCK, no? But if they aren't then The Who definitely...

Duh. Pink Floyd doesn't fit any other category. Their earlier stuff, particularly Piper at the Gates of Dawn, is psychadelic rock. Most of their later stuff can be considered progressive rock, especially Animals (their best work) and Dark Side of the Moon.

Morning_Glory

Quote from: Selkie224 on April 28, 2007, 02:06:46 PM
Quote from: Morning_Glory on April 28, 2007, 01:36:35 PM

The Who, perhaps.

Oh well, besides the beatles.

I thought that went without saying.

And Kaz, yea their first album is amazing

Then The Who.

Solar and Lunar

Quote from: Kaz on April 28, 2007, 03:38:19 PM

Duh. Pink Floyd doesn't fit any other category. Their earlier stuff, particularly Piper at the Gates of Dawn, is psychadelic rock. Most of their later stuff can be considered progressive rock, especially Animals (their best work) and Dark Side of the Moon.

Animals was definitely their best album although Dark Side of the Moon was great too...I'm not a big fan of The Wall unlike a lot of people that say that it's the steeziest thing ever...
No, I've never heard of that site. Yes, you are very cool for knowing about them. Yes, I will join as soon as possible. No, I'm not kidding. God, shut up already!

Samus Aran

Quote from: Solar and Lunar on April 28, 2007, 07:16:01 PM

Animals was definitely their best album although Dark Side of the Moon was great too...I'm not a big fan of The Wall unlike a lot of people that say that it's the steeziest thing ever...

Yeah, a lot of The Wall is pretty weak, though I still consider it a good album and one that tells a pretty interesting story. I'm not a big fan of a lot of the second disc, particularly "vera," "Bring the Boys Back Home," and "The Show Must Go On." I really love the first disc though. Almost nothing wrong with it if you ask me.

And yeah, Animals is the album that I consider the best prog rock album of all, right next to King Crimson's In the Court of the Crimson King.

Solar and Lunar

Quote from: Kaz on April 28, 2007, 07:19:33 PM

Yeah, a lot of The Wall is pretty weak, though I still consider it a good album and one that tells a pretty interesting story. I'm not a big fan of a lot of the second disc, particularly "vera," "Bring the Boys Back Home," and "The Show Must Go On." I really love the first disc though. Almost nothing wrong with it if you ask me.

And yeah, Animals is the album that I consider the best prog rock album of all, right next to King Crimson's In the Court of the Crimson King.

I never got into King Crimson...I just liked the song Court of the Crimson King...

Samus Aran

Quote from: Solar and Lunar on April 28, 2007, 07:37:22 PM

I never got into King Crimson...I just liked the song Court of the Crimson King...

Ever tried the song "21st Century Schizoid Man?" You should try it. It's awesome.

Solar and Lunar

Quote from: Kaz on April 28, 2007, 07:38:50 PM
Quote from: Solar and Lunar on April 28, 2007, 07:37:22 PM

Ever tried the song "21st Century Schizoid Man?" You should try it. It's awesome.

Is that true?...I should check it out...Not doing anything, anyway...

Chaos66

Go Up