March 28, 2024, 02:25:20 AM

1,531,609 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

The real reason for the war in Iraq?

Started by Daddy, July 14, 2007, 08:08:12 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Daddy

Quote from: Gman61 on November 15, 2007, 07:37:24 PM
I have no problem with torturing terrorists.  If they are a innocet civillian than it is wrong
Your grammar is torturing me.

Gman61

Samus Aran

Quote from: Gman61 on November 15, 2007, 07:41:24 PM
Define torture.  Do you mean beaten or humiliated

QuoteTorture, according to international law, is "any act by which severe pain or suffering, whether physical or emotional, is indirectly inflicted on a state for such purposes as obtaining from a third person information or a confession, punishing the state for an act he or a third person has committed or is suspected of having committed, or intimidating or coercing him or a third person, or for any reason based on discrimination of any kind, when such pain or suffering is inflicted by or at the instigation of or with the consent or acquiescence of a public official or other person acting in an official capacity."

Notice how it says "whether physical or emotional."

Are you aware of what waterboarding is? When you waterboard someone, first you nearly drown them. They pass out, and essentially think that they've died. But you're not that nice, so you revive them. You question them some more. If they don't answer, you repeat it.

Are you aware of the kind of psychological trauma that occurs from repeatedly forced onto the edge of death? Just imagine what it's like. Imagine...what if the next time they do it, you don't come back? What if they really kill you this time? How long does this go on for?

And just so you know, an awful lot of people actually have died during waterboarding.

Daddy

Gman61

Quote from: Kazakhstan on November 15, 2007, 07:47:40 PM
Notice how it says "whether physical or emotional."

Are you aware of what waterboarding is? When you waterboard someone, first you nearly drown them. They pass out, and essentially think that they've died. But you're not that nice, so you revive them. You question them some more. If they don't answer, you repeat it.

Are you aware of the kind of psychological trauma that occurs from repeatedly forced onto the edge of death? Just imagine what it's like. Imagine...what if the next time they do it, you don't come back? What if they really kill you this time? How long does this go on for?

And just so you know, an awful lot of people actually have died during waterboarding.
This is going to sound mean but if they were planning a terrorist attack i don't feel much sympathy

Daddy

Quote from: Gman61 on November 15, 2007, 08:07:38 PM
This is going to sound mean but if they were planning a terrorist attack i don't feel much sympathy
They aren't even getting trials.  psyduck;

Also, I know, as a conservative Christian, that you might not respect these things called "human rights" but we need to respect them.

Gman61

I do. But  I feel when they try to comit mass murder they give up those rights.  quit bringing my religion into this

YPrrrr

Quote from: Gman61 on November 15, 2007, 08:10:39 PM
I do. But  I feel when they try to comit mass murder they give up those rights.  quit bringing my religion into this
Define they

How do we know exactly who these people are that differentiates them from innocent citizens?

Gman61

Daddy

YPrrrr

Quote from: Gman61 on November 15, 2007, 08:14:38 PM
anyone
You missed my point...

I meant how are we supposed to pick terrorists out of a crowd. Especially when they're not even given a trial, it's not fair to them.

Gman61

Gman61

Daddy

Quote from: Gman61 on November 15, 2007, 08:17:40 PM
I agree on that
Then how the fuck can you agree that torture is alright?

We haven't even proven that they are terrorists and you want to torture them.

Gman61

Go Up