October 23, 2024, 03:34:15 AM

1,531,338 Posts in 46,732 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

b& from comcast

Started by Daddy, June 21, 2007, 01:37:11 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Daddy

Has anyone here been banned from an ISP?

Feynman

Why would that happen? Torrents?

Daddy

Quote from: Bassir on June 21, 2007, 01:38:00 PM
Why would that happen? Torrents?
Nah, there are things you can do.   You can hack the comcast cable modems to get a constant speed of 15mbps(instead of that speed boost, it always is like that) and stuff like that.  It results in a lifetime ban from their service.

Phydeaux

ISPs know more than they should. Yes, they'll terminate your service if they even found out you were running an open wi-fi spot, for example.

They'll terminate your service at the drop of a hat. Don't push them.

musica.cards

That doesn't look like a ban message, but a warning.
[move]gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby [/move]

Phydeaux

Yeah, its not Comcast telling you there, it's Apple warning you that this might put you in danger with your ISP.

Silverhawk79

Quote from: Phydeaux on June 21, 2007, 02:07:52 PM
ISPs know more than they should. Yes, they'll terminate your service if they even found out you were running an open wi-fi spot, for example.

They'll terminate your service at the drop of a hat. Don't push them.
SBC got pissed at me once because I used up a lot of bandwidth one month. It's not my fault the asshats next door can't get their own freakin' router...and if I turn on my WEP security, my Wii and DS go nuts.

Phydeaux

That's the one thing that really burns me up about ISPs. Am I paying for unlimited usage or not? Am I getting 6mbps or not?

Blaze-Senpai

Shit, they can do that? That's news to me.

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: Phydeaux on June 21, 2007, 03:59:02 PM
That's the one thing that really burns me up about ISPs. Am I paying for unlimited usage or not? Am I getting 6mbps or not?
I know my max is 800 kbps. I'm paying for 3 mbps. And I do mean bytes and not bits.

Anyways, you don't even have a Mac, JMV. psyduck;

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

The artist formally known

Almost, I got a warning, my brothers fault, not mine.

Feynman

Quote from: ◕ ◡ ◕ on June 21, 2007, 06:11:27 PM

Did he have phone-sex with customer support or something?

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: Bassir on June 21, 2007, 06:12:40 PM
Quote from: ◕ ◡ ◕ on June 21, 2007, 06:11:27 PM

Did he have phone-sex with customer support or something?
Shit, that's a great idea. spam;

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

Feynman

Quote from: ⠸⠁⠺⠸⠵ on June 21, 2007, 06:13:40 PM
Shit, that's a great idea. spam;

I love the voices of the ones from Nintendo.

Daddy

Quote from: Phydeaux on June 21, 2007, 02:54:15 PM
Yeah, its not Comcast telling you there, it's Apple warning you that this might put you in danger with your ISP.
Yeah, I know.  I never said it was.

Quote from: ⠸⠁⠺⠸⠵ on June 21, 2007, 04:37:34 PM

Anyways, you don't even have a Mac, JMV. psyduck;
Don't remind me.  gonk;

The screenshot reminded me of it.

Go Up