April 15, 2024, 10:58:17 PM

1,531,643 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

I'm conflicted.

Started by ClassicTyler, April 16, 2007, 06:31:31 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

mariofreak55

It's faith. There's no hard proof that God exists, it's just that some people choose to believe he does.

Charizard-level100

I'm Christian, and I personally believe that there is nothing wrong with being homosexual. Some Christians say "The Bible says you go to Hell if you're homosexual." I say, "Homosexuality isn't a choice, so why would God make people homosexual if he was just going to send them to Hell?" Thus, we can come to the conclusion that homosexuality isn't wrong.

People seem to forget, the Bible wasn't written by God, it was written by people who claimed God was telling them what to write. The Bible most certainly can be influenced by the opinions of the people who wrote it and the society at the time of the people who wrote it. Just because you disagree with things in the Bible doesn't make you less Christian.

Daddy

Quote from: Pennywise on April 18, 2007, 09:15:50 PM
The Bible was divinely inspired.

If not explain how the Bible is able to prophecy events that occur hundreds of years into the future without fail.
The events aren't specific enough.   They could be talking about anything.

Find a specific example.

Charizard-level100

Quote from: Pennywise on April 18, 2007, 09:15:50 PM
The Bible was divinely inspired.

If not explain how the Bible is able to prophecy events that occur hundreds of years into the future without fail.
I never said it wasn't, I said that it's possible that it was influenced by people, perhaps not when it was written, but later on. china;

cackslop

Quote from: ClassicTyler on April 16, 2007, 06:31:31 PM
After I came out of the closet, my friends (real, offline friends) are split. Some are happy for me, while others are indifferent. Their reason? God.

Tonight, my fellow Boyah members, I am seeking answers. I want somebody to give me PROOF (either by PM or posting here) that there is a God. Also, I want scriptures saying my lifestyle is a sin.
Back to my friends,  they are always trying to change me. They want me back to being straight so "I can live in eternal peace."

HOLY SHIT.
If God loved his children, why would he send them to hell? Adam and Eve were related. They has sex. Incest is a sin. We are all dieing of sin, if that be the case.

Help needed. Thanks.

There is no god Tyler...Let's face that fact.

And any friends of yours who are weak enough to rely on "god" for help are fucking wastes of time.

Our own government classifies religion as a mental illness.
Think about that.

You're fine how you are man. flower;

Embrace Your Carnal Urges.

Necro

Quote from: ClassicTyler on April 16, 2007, 06:42:05 PM
Quote from: Turtwig on April 16, 2007, 06:39:34 PM
Quote from: ClassicTyler on April 16, 2007, 06:37:11 PM
Quote from: Turtwig on April 16, 2007, 06:34:13 PM
While I personally do not want to go into a flame war with one of my best friends over homosexuality...

Trust me, it's not a flame war. I want scriptual references. I also want YOUR view.
If you wish not to talk about it here, why not PM me?

I'm not a theologist, I'm not a professional to talk about homosexuality and if it's right or wrong. I take Bible class, and I go to church. I pray to God, and that's it. I'm not a preacher, a Sunday school teacher, or any position of Biblical authority. My view is that people can choose whether to be gay or not. I have no problem with them, they have the option to be homosexual. I can't recall when I flamed you over your opinion, can I?

You never have. You just wanted to prevent it.  flower;
Quick Q, why are you changing his name to "Turtwig" in the quotes? psyduck;
You asked me once, what was in Room 101. I told you that you knew the answer already. Everyone knows it. The thing that is in Room 101 is Necro

ClassicTyler

Quote from: Necro Gaara on April 23, 2007, 09:15:49 PM
Quote from: ClassicTyler on April 16, 2007, 06:42:05 PM
Quote from: Turtwig on April 16, 2007, 06:39:34 PM
Quote from: ClassicTyler on April 16, 2007, 06:37:11 PM
Quote from: Turtwig on April 16, 2007, 06:34:13 PM
While I personally do not want to go into a flame war with one of my best friends over homosexuality...

Trust me, it's not a flame war. I want scriptual references. I also want YOUR view.
If you wish not to talk about it here, why not PM me?

I'm not a theologist, I'm not a professional to talk about homosexuality and if it's right or wrong. I take Bible class, and I go to church. I pray to God, and that's it. I'm not a preacher, a Sunday school teacher, or any position of Biblical authority. My view is that people can choose whether to be gay or not. I have no problem with them, they have the option to be homosexual. I can't recall when I flamed you over your opinion, can I?

You never have. You just wanted to prevent it.  flower;
Quick Q, why are you changing his name to "Turtwig" in the quotes? psyduck;

It was Turtwig when this conversation started.  hur;

Ownage Baby

For whoever said that the Bible says nothing about homosexuality, you are wrong.

If a man also lie with man, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood [shall be] upon them.

Leviticus 20:13

For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature: And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.

Romans 1:26-27

There are a few other ones, but those are the most straightforward ones.

Now, these verses basically say that homosexuals should be put to death. But the thing is, that's old testament law. That's part of the first covenant. Homosexuality is a sin, but Jesus came and abolished the first covenant, and brought the new covenant. We are no longer under the law, but under Jesus. We don't follow the law, for that will lead to destruction. Instead, we follow Jesus, and do his will, and in doing so, following the law will come naturally. Meaning that whenever you get right with Jesus, then with hard prayer and faith, you can lose your homosexual feelings to become closer to God.

Now, from my interpretation of the Bible, homosexuality under the first covenant is a sin and with sin, you should be put to death. Put under the second covenant, it's humanity that is a sin. Sin goes from being an action, to a force of Satan that drives us to do his will and keep us from God. With Gods help, we can conquer the force of sin and become holy and righteous Christians. I say, it is HARD. But when you do start to conquer sin, you will become closer and closer to God. I also believe that if you would totally conquer the force of sin, you would be 100% close to God. But the thing is, we have human nature that stops us. We can come close to it, but never in our lifetimes will we truely conquer it. Because of that, we will always have some separation from God. But with Gods help, you can get that separation smaller and smaller.

I have no clue who you are, but I would like to pray for you. If there is anything you need, tell me. I'd be happy to listen to you. I don't know what your life story is, but if you would like to give me a bit of insight on it, I'd be happy to listen.

ncba93ivyase

I'd just like to add this: no decision in one's life is a choice of "God." You're a homosexual? It's a result of how society raised you. Someone dropped an addiction to a drug or alcohol? They did it to preserve their health and live a longer, better life; not because "God" helped them.

It bothers me when every good decision a person makes in their life, and every bit of their personality, is a result of god "helping them out." It's worse when those people can turn around, lose a child, and say "whelp, it was God's decision," and some how smile about it.

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

Morning_Glory

Look, if you don't believe that there is a god, why do you give a shit? Because you're friends are against it? If they were truely your friends, they would accept you for who you are.

I am a Christian, but I find nothing wrong with homosexuality. I don't support it, but I don't condemn those who practice it.

Lance7

April 28, 2007, 07:47:06 PM #25 Last Edit: April 28, 2007, 07:53:05 PM by Lance7
Here's my veiw: There is a God, but NOT the Christian God. Why?

Simple. If this God is "all Powerful" and has EVERYTHING planned as christians say he does, then the bible lied saying that you have free will.

Ownage Baby

I am just going to assume that you are not Christian, Lawlz, so alot of this probably doesn't make since to you. I've actually never met a person who actually understands all aspects of Christianity who is not a Christian. In fact, it's not uncommon for me to meet a committed Christian who doesn't understand most of the basics.

I explained in my previous post that sin is not an action, but rather a force of Satan. You can also say that sin is human nature.Whenever we are under the force of sin, then we are far from God, and in order for us to get closer to God, we need help getting away from the force of sin. If we try to do this by ourselves, simply put, we'll phail. A person can stop using drugs for health reasons with rehab, or maybe even by himself if the will power is strong enough. But the thing is, he's still sinning by not trusting God to help him through it, and will still be far from God, so he didn't stop the force of sin in that aspect of his life. But if he would've done it through prayer and faith that God will show him the way through this, then he will end up getting closer to God by letting God get rid of the aspect of sin in his life.

And as far as a person having something horrific happen to him, then claiming it to be Gods will and smiling about it, really has found that it was in fact Gods will, and eventually has no choice but to smile and praise God about it, because in the big picture, God can use something as tragic as that for his big plan. Maybe if a person loses a child, it's to test his heart, so that he will be able to help other people to get through something as terrible as that.

From the outside, Christianity normally looks like a bunch of anti-fun people blindly following a book written by lunatics, but whenever you learn more about it, or become a Christian, you realize that there is so much more to it then that.

Glory, I don't support homosexuality within Christianity, because it's morally wrong for a Christian. However, if a brother is struggling with a sin, then I will help him through as best as God will let me.

Lance, you have to understand God to realize the answer to that. And it's impossible for a human to understand God. But I will try to explain it to you as best as I know how. God has a plan for everybody, but he also gave free will to people, so that they can choose to follow the plan or not to.

sebastian

As an addition to Ownage Baby's wonderfully-written post, we, as humans, also do not understand what "true love" is. God understands it perfectly. That's why He sent the Israelites into the desert for fourty years, that's why He made Job go through such a horrible life, and that's why He sent His Son, Jesus Christ, to die on the cross. Now, this may sound like a Christian's "get out of jail free" way of saying "I don't know the answer to your question", but it's true. We are too sinful to even begin to understand true love. It's like how, when Moses asked if he could see God's face, God said that Moses would surely die if he were to see God's glory.
    And, as for the "why does He send people to hell?" question, it's all about free will. Hell, in a nutshell, is a place where God does not exist. It's where there's only chaos and eternal death (or however you would want to put it). God gave us a choice, and a gift, for that. We could either accept his gift, or deny it.
    Yes, God is All Powerful. But He is also All Loving.
QuoteDon't worry, if you've got nothing to hide, there'll never be a reason to hook electrodes to you genitals.

Solar and Lunar

Homosexuality is not a sin at all, man. You know, Gay people are no more sinners than you, me, or God himself. You know I've met some beautiful people who were gay and I have to say they're really easy going and fun to talk to. Just because I'm not gay don't mean that I don't approve of them. What you do with the people you love is your business and not even God himself can tell you otherwise. If there's one thing I love in a human being is when they are themselves and who they want to be and no one, not even a book can tell you, you can't do something...Peace and Love.
No, I've never heard of that site. Yes, you are very cool for knowing about them. Yes, I will join as soon as possible. No, I'm not kidding. God, shut up already!

Ownage Baby

A small addition to Sebastians post, the reason that God tests us like that is to prepare us to do his will, so that we can show other people his great love.

Solar and Lunar, refer to the first post I made in the previous page.

Go Up