April 18, 2024, 08:39:24 PM

1,531,643 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

I'm conflicted.

Started by ClassicTyler, April 16, 2007, 06:31:31 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

ClassicTyler

After I came out of the closet, my friends (real, offline friends) are split. Some are happy for me, while others are indifferent. Their reason? God.

Tonight, my fellow Boyah members, I am seeking answers. I want somebody to give me PROOF (either by PM or posting here) that there is a God. Also, I want scriptures saying my lifestyle is a sin.
Back to my friends,  they are always trying to change me. They want me back to being straight so "I can live in eternal peace."

HOLY SHIT.
If God loved his children, why would he send them to hell? Adam and Eve were related. They has sex. Incest is a sin. We are all dieing of sin, if that be the case.

Help needed. Thanks.

Riosan

While I personally do not want to go into a flame war with one of my best friends over homosexuality, I will touch on the last subject. Adam and Eve.

To me, they were not married as we know them. They were not married in a church, a chapel, or any other place like that. They were just two people who made kids. The Bible says that God lets people go to hell because that is his plan. Some people can accept him as God and go to Heaven, and others will not and live forever in hell. I don't know why that is, I'm not God.

Daddy

We can use the ever famous Christian parent quote "Have you ever tried not being gay?", but we know that's stupid.   Homosexuality isn't a choice.   You are who you are.  If your friends stop liking you just because they found out you are gay, they aren't really your friends.

ClassicTyler

Quote from: Turtwig on April 16, 2007, 06:34:13 PM
While I personally do not want to go into a flame war with one of my best friends over homosexuality...

Trust me, it's not a flame war. I want scriptual references. I also want YOUR view.
If you wish not to talk about it here, why not PM me?

Riosan

Quote from: ClassicTyler on April 16, 2007, 06:37:11 PM
While I personally do not want to go into a flame war with one of my best friends over homosexuality...

Trust me, it's not a flame war. I want scriptual references. I also want YOUR view.

I'm not a theologist, I'm not a professional to talk about homosexuality and if it's right or wrong. I take Bible class, and I go to church. I pray to God, and that's it. I'm not a preacher, a Sunday school teacher, or any position of Biblical authority. My view is that people can choose whether to be gay or not. I have no problem with them, they have the option to be homosexual. I can't recall when I flamed you over your opinion, can I?

ClassicTyler

Quote from: Turtwig on April 16, 2007, 06:39:34 PM
Quote from: ClassicTyler on April 16, 2007, 06:37:11 PM

I'm not a theologist, I'm not a professional to talk about homosexuality and if it's right or wrong. I take Bible class, and I go to church. I pray to God, and that's it. I'm not a preacher, a Sunday school teacher, or any position of Biblical authority. My view is that people can choose whether to be gay or not. I have no problem with them, they have the option to be homosexual. I can't recall when I flamed you over your opinion, can I?

You never have. You just wanted to prevent it.  flower;

LCK

I think that's fucking stupid. Personally, I don't give a shit what the bible says. I have different views then that damn book.
If you're gay, you're gay. There's no changing that. No one can change that.
If you're friends don't accept you, for whatever reason, forget them.

Don't forget. BOYAH LOVES YOU. wub;

reeper

I've been researching a little for a YouTube video I'm planning on making that will put all the facts that there isn't or is a god out on the table. Hopefully I'll get some people to think and I'm sure many online people over at YouTube will get a little mad at me but so what

flower;

Tri4se

All the proof we have of a God is a bokk written by people who never met Jesus. The gospel wrighters weren't even there. No where is it stated the homosexuality is a sin. We just gathered that from the sixth commandment I think.

Placebo Headwound

Quote from: Tri4se on April 16, 2007, 08:51:28 PM
All the proof we have of a God is a bokk written by people who never met Jesus. The gospel wrighters weren't even there. No where is it stated the homosexuality is a sin. We just gathered that from the sixth commandment I think.
*forgot what the sixth commandment is*

Well, I don't think there's a problem with being gay. You are who you are.

Remember Tyler, we'll always accept you here at BOYAH.

Tri4se

Quote from: Thief888 on April 16, 2007, 08:53:42 PM
Quote from: Tri4se on April 16, 2007, 08:51:28 PM
*forgot what the sixth commandment is*

Well, I don't think there's a problem with being gay. You are who you are.

Remember Tyler, we'll always accept you here at BOYAH.
So did I.  china; But catholisism magically pulls out millions of sins from just 10 rules. Masturbation is a sin and It's not one of the commandments. They got It from "YOU WILL NOT COMMIT ADULTRY" I think.   psyduck;

Rugals

Once I'm ungrounded and can use my computer at home, I'll post here (either in this thread, or another if it's gone when BOYAH is fixed) about all the things I can dig up about homosexuality in the Bible.
But I honestly just don't know it well enough to be able to tell you now. And I want to be able to be online more often to discuss it will y'all.

Lozal

You see, I am Catholic. But lately, I've been questioning my beliefs. Deep down, I'm not sure if there is a God, but my mom and everybody else has pressured me that I'll go to hell for questioning if God exists. I don't know.
powerofone; powerofone; powerofone; powerofone; powerofone;

Quote from: Pyrate on November 20, 2009, 05:11:08 AM

"You have an amazing body. You have amazing breasts."

ncba93ivyase

While I personally do not want to go into a flame war with one of my best friends over homosexuality, I will touch on the last subject. Adam and Eve.

To me, they were not married as we know them. They were not married in a church, a chapel, or any other place like that. They were just two people who made kids. The Bible says that God lets people go to hell because that is his plan. Some people can accept him as God and go to Heaven, and others will not and live forever in hell. I don't know why that is, I'm not God.
Doesn't change the fact such a thing would be considered incest. Incest would be a sin, regardless of if they are married. Also, isn't sex out of marriage considered a sin?

If she plans for some to go to hell, there would be no repent.

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

Daddy

Quote from: Pennywise on April 17, 2007, 11:11:34 PM
Ah! My session expired when I was typing. I'll type it up tommorrow.

Six whole paragraphs wasted.
Just set your time to never log out.  jsr;

Go Up