April 16, 2024, 10:45:35 AM

1,531,643 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

how do you pronounce "folk"

Started by Mando Pandango, January 20, 2023, 07:52:20 AM

previous topic - next topic

topic

follk
0 (0%)
foke
4 (100%)

Total Members Voted: 4

Go Down

Mando Pandango

I only recently started noticing when people pronounce the L
Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 22, 2018, 10:27:46 PMjesus absolute shitdicking christ, nu-boyah

C.Mongler

probably closer to foke than fullk but i do feel like there's a hint of an L in there when I say it lol

Samus Aran

Quote from: C.Mongler on January 20, 2023, 11:49:03 AMprobably closer to foke than fullk but i do feel like there's a hint of an L in there when I say it lol

yeah this exactly. there's like this half-movement of the tongue that sounds *kind of* like an "l" in the way i say it. i feel like this is common? but i'm not entirely sure

YPrrrr

Foke no Ls here. Nor in yolk

Abeebadee that's all fokes

Mando Pandango

i may have to reset the poll because it sounds like you guys are pronouncing the L and lying to yourselves about it
Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 22, 2018, 10:27:46 PMjesus absolute shitdicking christ, nu-boyah

Mando Pandango

https://youtu.be/N6HBZP6nYpY?t=772

If you pronounce this word like Mr. Fantano as he discusses AJJ's "Knife Man" please choose the first option

YPrrrr

See I feel like people are overthinking it and thinking they're lightly throwing an l in there when they're not

@ the posts not the votes

YPrrrr

Do people also pronounce the L in talk

The tallking heads

Mando Pandango

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0FHEeG_uq5Y

If you say it like P. Pig here, please choose the second option

Mando Pandango

Quote from: YPrrrr on January 25, 2023, 08:25:20 AMDo people also pronounce the L in talk

The tallking heads
i do not

maybe it's because I grew up around Albany that i just leave the L out of all these words

YPrrrr

I will say I sometimes add an L sound to caulk to avoid weird looks

C.Mongler

Quote from: Mando Pandango on January 25, 2023, 08:21:50 AMi may have to reset the poll because it sounds like you guys are pronouncing the L and lying to yourselves about it
but i'm definitely starting with a hard F-O sound, not F-U madood;

Mando Pandango

Quote from: C.Mongler on January 25, 2023, 11:05:52 AM
Quote from: Mando Pandango on January 25, 2023, 08:21:50 AMi may have to reset the poll because it sounds like you guys are pronouncing the L and lying to yourselves about it
but i'm definitely starting with a hard F-O sound, not F-U madood;
ok fine jesus christ there

6M69I69B9

i swear bc im a 1st gen child to the US (both parents foreign) i dont say SHIT correctly sometimes
now i get why i was in ESL in ele

i pronounce the L
i take the L with pride
PRIDE

funny bc i say talk like tauk

it might be hard to discern from me in person or just no one gives a shit if i do mispronounce it obviously? idk

also, i realized saying folks is more of an american thing
and folk is more of an english thing

also here are a list of words and phrases i apparently *still* have issues with according to ***true*** american folks

sliver (woman corrected me in a store, mfw been saying silver. thank god ive only said it like 5x in my life)
maryland
calk (heheheheheheh)
khaki
elote (ehhh mexican word but w/e, i blame being 1st gen bc nobody bothered correcting me going to these elote carts as a kid when i lived in chicago)
southern
fridgerator
"close the light"
"off the spar" (thanks ypr LMAO)

i know there are more...these are off the top of my head

ppl say ill have a foreign accent, some people say i speak like im really educated with no accent????
idk WHO to believe i just wanna live paying attn to none of my speaking mannerisms
Quote from: Travis on April 03, 2015, 10:52:52 PM
gotta eat the booty like groceries

Quote from: Travis on March 01, 2018, 08:44:39 PM
Quote from: reefer on March 01, 2018, 06:15:08 PM
Technology and globalism go hand and hand. If you want to be on the forefront of technology then you gotta be global

the earth is flat you globecuck

Mando Pandango

Go Up