NOW HIRING: Admin Positions Available. [messageIcon: srs]

Started by Kalahari Inkantation, December 23, 2022, 10:18:07 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Kalahari Inkantation

December 23, 2022, 10:18:07 AM Last Edit: December 31, 2022, 09:11:36 AM by Kalahari Inkantation
Quote from: C.Mongler on November 29, 2022, 12:16:07 PMas far as I know jmv custom built the module (or whatever SMF calls module equivalents lol) for anon posting. it is not out-of-the-box compatible for SMF 2.0+. someone would need to make it. i might be able to? but i need to setup a local SMF dev environment. i tried once and fucked it up and then got stoned and played video games instead of trying again and here we are like 4 years later

snorkle said at one point he'd add any dumb shit i made as long as it was tested and shit but yeah kind of need a dev environment to make and test anything lmao

Quote from: C.Mongler on November 29, 2022, 12:19:25 PMsource:
https://custom.simplemachines.org/index.php?mod=993

tho he did make it 2.0.1 compatible lol idk what version this shit is on now i guess more recent than that

this one seems like it would work fine:
https://custom.simplemachines.org/index.php?mod=4078

the bigger problem is no one has server access and getting anyone to give a shit enough to enable and configure this stuff seems like a moonshot these days lol

Quote from: C.Mongler on November 29, 2022, 12:28:31 PMjust give all regular-posters admin rights and server access at this point tbh, we could have destroyed this place aeons ago if we really wanted to, we just want to post!!!

what's the worst that could happen, i renew the security certificate???

Quote from: Mando Pandango on November 29, 2022, 12:48:24 PMyeah hell i think there are a number of boyagers who could actually put together the functionality but whatever

spoiler tags would be nice too

youtube embeds

Quote from: Samus Aran on November 29, 2022, 03:46:39 PMembedding youtube is the #1 thing i would love to have back for sure

I have been meaning to address this entire post sequence. Consider this thread a placeholder.

Please do remind me should I forget, because it actually is crucial we have this conversation.

It concerns the future of Boyah.

Kalahari Inkantation

To begin,

Quote from: C.Mongler on November 29, 2022, 12:16:07 PMthe bigger problem is no one has server access and getting anyone to give a shit enough to enable and configure this stuff seems like a moonshot these days lol

Yeah.

But rest assured, there is hope.

Kalahari Inkantation

~Tectron to MISTAh M*nglah (argh;)~

In all seriousness:

Are you genuinely interested in being a Boyah Administrator? befuddlement

C.Mongler

i mean im not not interested

the bigger problem is i need a local development/testing environment to really be helpful and i haven't set one up lol

Kalahari Inkantation

December 29, 2022, 11:54:41 PM #5 Last Edit: December 30, 2022, 06:24:18 AM by Kalahari Inkantation
Quote from: C.Mongler on December 29, 2022, 09:19:54 AMi mean im >>dbsNegativ<< interested

Is that a yes or a no? appeasement;

the_[[[Administration]]] considers mrMongler{ for promotional's.}:

Quote from: C.Mongler on December 29, 2022, 09:19:54 AMi need a local development/testing environment to really be helpful and i haven't set one up lol

This can be discus't.

Kalahari Inkantation

December 30, 2022, 06:13:49 AM #6 Last Edit: December 30, 2022, 06:23:21 AM by Kalahari Inkantation
Quote from: C.Mongler on December 30, 2022, 06:11:45 AMmaybe once i am done busting my ass finding a new job i will have energy to work on boyah dot com lol

The supPosition remains open. We wish you the best'f luck.

Quote from: Kalahari Inkantation on December 29, 2022, 01:06:41 AM

Mando Pandango

I do almost nothing at work and would probably learn more by working on boyah.

I wouldn't want to do it alone though
Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 22, 2018, 10:27:46 PMjesus absolute shitdicking christ, nu-boyah

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: Mando Pandango on January 11, 2023, 09:12:02 PMI do almost nothing at work and would probably learn more by working on boyah.

[srs]

1. What could you do for Boyah as an Administrator that you can't currently accomplish as a standard Boyager?

2. What skills would you bring to the table? (note: an answer of 'none' will not necessarily disqualify you (srsly))

3. Are you willing to consider starting with a Moderator position?

Quote from: Mando Pandango on January 11, 2023, 09:12:02 PMI wouldn't want to do it alone though

While our current Admins aren't always available, the rest of the Boyah team is here for support. I agree that it'd be best to have at least two new concurrent Admins.

reeper

strongbad

Quote from: Mando Pandango on January 11, 2023, 09:12:02 PMI do almost nothing at work and would probably learn more by working on boyah.

id be down to do some work on boyah too
we should get a discord channel going with snorkl for boyah dev work

ME##

somebody from the discord get snorkel to come here then

Samus Aran

Quote from: ME## on January 31, 2023, 03:28:46 PMsomebody from the discord get snorkel to come here then

it's not really that difficult, i did it while tec was yelling at everyone else to do it for him

all it really takes is, you know, getting on discord and asking him

what im saying is do it yourself

YPrrrr

Seems like a lot of time and effort for a forum maybe 20 people will use infrequently

But godspeed!

Go Up