April 18, 2024, 10:37:21 AM

1,531,643 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

books u want to read

Started by Kalahari Inkantation, December 07, 2022, 11:07:59 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

YPrrrr

I bought Bury My Heart at Wounded Knee but I can't bring myself to start reading it

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: YPrrrr on December 07, 2022, 11:31:33 AMI can't bring myself to start reading it

I kan relate.

i've amassed a fairly large library over the years but i mean, how many of those have i actually even opened lol awdood;

Thyme

uh the ones i already own, which i can't be bothered to read because my dumb millenial brain prefers more engaging forms of entertainment sillydood;

i'm very slowly going through house of leaves
i have untouched copies of Uzumaki and The Infinity Gauntlet laying on my living room table

i can't even be bothered to read comics awdood;

The Hand That Fisted Everyone

reeper

Art of war

Seems like a cool book but haven’t peaked my interest yet

I’m currently reading super freakenomics, I didn’t know it existed until I found a copy at my parents house but still haven’t found out who left it there lmao

Mando Pandango

i just received Marshall McLuhan's "Understanding Media" in the mail and am excited to dig in
Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 22, 2018, 10:27:46 PMjesus absolute shitdicking christ, nu-boyah

strongbad

YPrrrr

I was venting yesterday and someone told me that a lot of what I was saying is very similar to what's written about on the Bell Jar by Sylvia Plath and so I became interested in that novel

But a lot of people seem to say that it made their depression symptoms worse and some said it made them feel suicidal after reading that so maybe not...

Mando Pandango

i know nothing of sylvia plath except that she wrote a bunch of depressing shit and then stuck her head in an oven so yeah maybe not the best role model

might still be worth reading tho
Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 22, 2018, 10:27:46 PMjesus absolute shitdicking christ, nu-boyah

YPrrrr

Yeah same. But sometimes reading relatable stuff is mentally healthy. I'm betting my fear of death and non-existence probably outweighs anything else

Kalahari Inkantation

February 06, 2023, 08:44:31 AM #13 Last Edit: February 06, 2023, 09:00:35 AM by Kalahari Inkantation
>tfw LITERALLY up to my ca*kles in books i've to read

>tfw just bought $30 worth of MOAR

Mon deaux. putindisapproves;

Kalahari Inkantation

Go Up