Actual, real, living nightmares. [messageIcon: Flash]

Started by Kalahari Inkantation, November 28, 2022, 02:48:27 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Kalahari Inkantation

Heaven forbid, this:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Locked-in_syndrome

Quotea patient is aware but cannot move or communicate verbally due to complete paralysis of nearly all voluntary muscles in the body except for vertical eye movements and blinking. The individual is conscious and sufficiently intact cognitively to be able to communicate with eye movements.

Total locked-in syndrome, or completely locked-in state (CLIS), is a version of locked-in syndrome wherein the eyes are paralyzed as well.

doodthing;

Kalahari Inkantation

This could happen to anyone:

QuotePossible causes of locked-in syndrome include:

• Poisoning cases
  • Brainstem stroke
  • Diseases of the circulatory system
  • Medication overdose
  • Damage to nerve cells
  • A stroke or brain hemorrhage
  • Traumatic brain injury
  • Result from lesion of the brain-stem

doodthing;

Mando Pandango

DARKNESS

IMPRISONING ME

ALL THAT I SEE

ABSOLUTE HORROR

I CANNOT LIVE

I CANNOT DIE

TRAPPED IN MYSELF

BODY MY HOLDING CEEEEEEEEEEEEELL

KAME HAME HAAAAAAAAAAHHHH
Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 22, 2018, 10:27:46 PMjesus absolute shitdicking christ, nu-boyah

Mando Pandango

in a similar vein: being consciously aware while under anesthesia. extremely rare but it has happened. i've never had to be put under for any kind of surgery and i'm dreading the day it inevitably happens because of this exact fear
Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 22, 2018, 10:27:46 PMjesus absolute shitdicking christ, nu-boyah

Kalahari Inkantation

i actually got to experience that one myself lol

it was very odd

Mando Pandango

Kalahari Inkantation

yeah that probably happens an order of magnitude or so more than is reported (i mean, i didn't even mention it lol)

Mando Pandango

Kalahari Inkantation

November 28, 2022, 09:16:47 AM #8 Last Edit: November 28, 2022, 09:39:30 AM by Majorana's Incantation
i feel it's only fair you should know for your personal risk calculation purposes

idk, i always appreciate upfront realistic warnings of the myriad gnarly ways something might go awry lol

And I don't recall ever being warned that it's actually possible to wake up in the middle of it. I thought that was practically a myth. :|

Kalahari Inkantation

Kalahari Inkantation

November 28, 2022, 05:55:41 PM #10 Last Edit: November 28, 2022, 06:08:35 PM by Majorana's Incantation
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwcHsI8o8ig

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

>.< 

Kalahari Inkantation

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: ME## on December 03, 2022, 11:55:27 PMMy favourite is that Windows will update even when set to update outside of active hours is enabled

smithicide;

ME##

I guess this isn't a real, living nightmare (yet) but I keep having a fairly recurring dream of trying to stop my car and it not stopping lol

Go Up