March 28, 2024, 03:14:40 AM

1,531,609 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

PIANO THrz'æ'd.

Started by Kalahari Inkantation, September 27, 2022, 07:22:27 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Mando Pandango

what that man is doing will take a lot of hard work and practice over a long period of time, especially if you want to sound that good

but do not let that deter you
Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 22, 2018, 10:27:46 PMjesus absolute shitdicking christ, nu-boyah

Kalahari Inkantation

he makes it look so easy tho

like he's having fun, even

Mando Pandango

yeah because he knows the instrument really well
Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 22, 2018, 10:27:46 PMjesus absolute shitdicking christ, nu-boyah

Kalahari Inkantation

i know there are literally written instructions for playing music but honestly i never really learned how to read that script LOL

Mando Pandango

having a good teacher helps a lot

n_u

Kalahari Inkantation

November 28, 2022, 04:03:25 AM #20 Last Edit: November 28, 2022, 04:12:25 AM by Majorana's Incantation
GOALS:

• play this comfortably at 75% speed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SfSEj2kGPTE&t=40s

that would be nifty, i feel like

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: Mando Pandango on November 07, 2022, 08:29:06 AMhaving a good teacher helps a lot

n_u

so yeah i bet a teacher would be ridiculously helpful lol

Mando Pandango

Quote from: Majorana's Incantation on November 28, 2022, 04:04:10 AM
Quote from: Mando Pandango on November 07, 2022, 08:29:06 AMhaving a good teacher helps a lot

n_u

so yeah i bet a teacher would be ridiculously helpful lol
i could probably get you up to speed tbh. piano is not my main instrument but it's the one i learned on initially and i'm pretty comfortable with it.

Buy this:
https://www.amazon.com/Hanon-Virtuoso-Exercises-Complete-Schirmers/dp/0793525446

And practice those exercises to a metronome, slowly speeding up as you get comfortable with them. Only take on a couple at a time.

Beyond that, learn the proper fingerings for all the major and minor scales, which you should just be able to look up. Again, this will take time. Start with C major, then G and F major. As you get comfortable with these, move onto the others, adding one sharp or flat at a time to the scale that you're learning. By this I mean: C major is all white keys. G major is 1 sharp and F major is 1 flat. Then 2 sharps is D major, 2 flats is B-flat major, etc. It's good to know the theoretical reasoning behind this but it's more important at first just to be able to play it and build your muscle memory. That's the point of practice: building muscle memory.

And of course all of this can get VERY BORING because it's just exercises, so be sure to try learning simple pieces you like as well!

All of this is probably what you would do in lessons at first.

Mando Pandango

Sorry, I keep realizing that I take the ability to read music COMPLETELY for granted.

you're gonna want to learn to read music too. piano is probably the easiest instrument to do this with.

ok good luck

Kalahari Inkantation

November 28, 2022, 05:34:38 PM #24 Last Edit: November 28, 2022, 05:47:26 PM by Majorana's Incantation
Thank you kindly Popsi. I'll be placing an order shortly. tomatoes;

I suspect it's a bit like studying hieroglyphs. befuddlement

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: Mando Pandango on November 28, 2022, 10:21:21 AMBeyond that, learn the proper fingerings for all the major and minor scales, which you should just be able to look up.

this sounds important

god i wish i'd taken mюsic theory lol

Quote from: Mando Pandango on November 28, 2022, 10:21:21 AMIt's good to know the theoretical reasoning behind this

Mando Pandango

theory will be much easier to learn if you learn to read music as well

Mando Pandango

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: Mando Pandango on December 08, 2022, 10:49:00 AMHow's it goin teck

I've discovered that I'm absolutely fascinated by out-of-tune pianos. befuddlement

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fuSflLxxy8c

How confoundingly curious. confuseddood;

Go Up