May 05, 2024, 04:06:54 PM

1,531,620 Posts in 46,727 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

elden ring

Started by C.Mongler, March 01, 2022, 07:16:09 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

C.Mongler

C.Mongler

now im looking back at all the stuff i missed even though its bosses i'll either crush in like 4 hits and/or a different version of a boss i already killed lol

part of me wants to cleanup and part of me is like nah lol

Samus Aran

personally i have pretty meticulously done everything available in the game, barring some minor items and things i missed due to doing npc stuff a bit fucky, more or less as they were reasonably available without skipping anything at all, and have been using the fextralife map to make sure i have not missed any areas to explore and bosses to fight

currently i'm at about 175 hours, and have done nearly everything, except for miquella's haligtree and the final moments of the main game after gideon

Quote from: C.Mongler on April 03, 2022, 05:08:47 PMnow im looking back at all the stuff i missed even though its bosses i'll either crush in like 4 hits and/or a different version of a boss i already killed lol

part of me wants to cleanup and part of me is like nah lol

looking at what your playtime was, i assume you didn't do the hidden areas. the consecrated snowland and the haligtree and mohgwyn palace and such. if that's the case you definitely have plenty of stuff still to do that is actually very very difficult and will in fact crush you in four hits rather than the other way around lol. worth it though imo, some of the best stuff in this game is hidden. mohg and placidusax especially imo

but maybe you did do em in which case nvm lol, my play time is just hyper inflated by doing literally everything i can

Mando Pandango

Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 22, 2018, 10:27:46 PMjesus absolute shitdicking christ, nu-boyah

C.Mongler

April 04, 2022, 09:35:35 AM #49 Last Edit: April 04, 2022, 09:39:23 AM by C.Mongler
Quote from: Samus Aran on April 03, 2022, 06:10:06 PMthe consecrated snowland and the haligtree and mohgwyn palace and such.
i did all these places lol melania was the biggest piece of shit in the game lmao

i have a couple underground areas i think that i missed? and the sewer mohg. and the godskin noble solo fight lol

Samus Aran

malenia is by far the hardest boss in the game yeah lol, took me 23 tries

C.Mongler

okay i went back and fought dragonlord placidusax cuz i didnt do that, that was a good one to do, fun fight

Samus Aran

hell yeah, imo its the coolest dragon fight from has ever designed, love the sound design and the spectacle of it

Nyerp

placidusax is one of the few post-leyndell bosses i don't hate

Samus Aran

what is "post-leyndell"? like strictly part of the story post-leyndell? or ANYTHING once you have the rold medallion? either way theres lots of great ones, ur wack as hell nyerp

fire giant, mohg, malenia, placidusax, malekith, hoarah loux

all great imo

godskin duo legitimately sucks though, won't argue there

Nyerp

i've spent 20 hours of gametime getting summoned for those bosses (except fire giant because i genuinely never want to fight that piece of shit again) (and placidusax because nobody can find him lol) just to make sure if i really hate them or not and yeah my opinion didn't really change. i had more fun fighting the final boss again than any of those. the main reasons are that they have obnoxious healing gimmicks/status effect spam that seem particularly designed to fuck over people who use shields and that they constantly jump away/have lightning fast instakill moves that are designed to fuck over people who use strength weapons with long recovery animations. more than any previous souls, the game feels balanced around abusing stuff like magic, summons and fucking cringe bleed katana builds and other cheap shit. just not my preferred style of play. wish they'd just make more honest aggression-focused games like bloodborne or sekiro instead of even more demon's souls BUT WE MADE THE ENEMIES EVEN FASTER PREPARE TO ROLL 8 TIMES OOPS THE ENEMY HAD AN UNNATURALLY LONG WINDUP ANIMATION SO YOU DIED 12

Samus Aran

well i wont deny that malenia absolutely cant really be fought with a shield at all and that is kinda annoying

but the others absolutely can, as long as you're also willing to dodge when blocking isn't a great idea. i abused guard counter quite a lot for both mohg and godfrey/hoarah loux since there's a lot of slow attacks in their kits and im using a good shield upgraded to have a good guard boost (brass shield +23)

malekith though i didnt really guard counter at all, just went for big punishes with the parry claw you can use on his fight and otherwise simply blocked or dodged/ran away from everything else lol

i am not really the type to use magic very much in this game, except sometimes rot breath to speed up the first phases of some fights (or to speed up fire giant in general cause i was using a fire sword for that fight which ended up not being great lmao). oh and sometimes a cheeky lightning spear or golden order to boost my attacks a bit

been playing this game 99% melee the whole way and i've enjoyed it immensely

Samus Aran

anyway i went ahead and beat the final boss now. 204 hours.

when i play ng+ at some point i'll get the remembrance items i dont already have as well as try to pick up any extra little things i wasnt able to get on ng, and get the last ending, frenzied flame. was locked out of being able to even do this ending on my first playthrough because vyke won't invade you if certain field bosses in are dead apparently?? there's still ongoing research to figure out why he won't invade so many people's games lol

but ya phenomenal game

Nyerp

huh? i thought you could do the frenzied flame ending without doing hyetta's questline. i know she shows up down there if you give her all the eyes but you can definitely still open the spooky door without her (i know because vyke broke for me too and i was still able to open the door myself with the help of gesture messages without knowing the consequences).

also wait how are you getting multiple endings in one run anyway???? save backups?? im stupid

Nyerp

personally i'm waiting for further patches before i rush through ng+ and ++ because, no joke, the game launched with npcs missing (the jar kid in jarburg) and unfinished questlines (nepheli loux and kenneth haight just froze in place despite you doing stuff that should clearly make them act; diallos just completely disappeared from the game after a certain point). i've seen speculation that lady tanith's quest is also unfinished as of now as she has absolutely no reaction to being given a key item that you get from an npc in the shaded castle (which is an area i never want to do again lmao). i have no idea what else could be missing and i don't want to do weird obscure quests on ng+ so it would be GREAT if fromsoft would announce if there is any npc content left to be patched in at this point please!!!!!

Go Up