April 19, 2024, 04:24:37 AM

1,531,643 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

elden ring

Started by C.Mongler, March 01, 2022, 07:16:09 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Nyerp

speaking of bosses glitching out.......i regret nothing:

(SPOILERS for aforementioned superboss)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KCGtQP0GNVY

i think this is the glitchiest souls game

Nyerp

beat it. got the 'second' ending

Nyerp

this game is such a mess that they accidentally patched out the path to get this weapon https://eldenring.wiki.fextralife.com/Cinquedea

i hate souls games now. soulSHIT games are trash

Samus Aran

well 1.05 just dropped and it says this in the patch notes:

QuoteFixed a bug that causes the playable character to die when trying to descend from a spot near Bestial Sanctum

so i assume it's obtainable again, will find out for myself in a bit

Samus Aran

yeah it's fixed, just picked up that weapon as well as the talisman down there

Nyerp

Nyerp

i think i've completely lost interest in yui tanimura's version of souls (directed ds2, co-directed ds3 and elden ring). des, ds1, bb and sekiro all lacked his influence and were much better for it. sad that his games are always the highest selling and/or massively popular ones, but i'll be treating his name as a red flag from now on.

Samus Aran

??? elden ring rules lol

i generally agree that dark souls 2 is a weak point and that 3 was lacking in a lot of ways (but ends up being considerably better than 2 overall imo)

but i've been loving elden ring for nearly 130 hours now and i'm sure i'll continue to

i do think there are some things they could improve with further patching, of course. for example, npc markers are a good idea, but they don't give you any indication of where an npc will move to next after you've exhausted their current dialogue, so ultimately for npc questlines, having a guide/wiki is still basically essential and that's rather annoying

C.Mongler

i love dark souls 2 lol

Samus Aran

Quote from: C.Mongler on March 25, 2022, 05:55:34 AMi love dark souls 2 lol

how's that adaptability stat feel

C.Mongler

Quote from: Samus Aran on April 03, 2022, 07:23:26 AM

p good when i can dodge literally everything due to godlike iframes

C.Mongler

also beat elden ring today. v good game tho i think the second half meanders a bit (but not enuff to make it not good!)

Samus Aran

Quote from: C.Mongler on April 03, 2022, 09:03:09 AM
Quote from: Samus Aran on April 03, 2022, 07:23:26 AM

p good when i can dodge literally everything due to godlike iframes

yeah thats the thing though, having to put levels into something that should just be there to begin with, while also making it so that if you put a LOT of levels into it, you ascend to dodge godhood

the adaptability stat is frankly one of the biggest reasons i don't like dark souls 2 nearly as much mechanically, it's just such a bizarre and unbalanced change that frankly changes the entire game around itself in ways i really dont like. like how most of the bosses in that game are very slow (presumably) in order to compensate for players with low adaptability, making it so that actually the dodge roll becomes less useful to begin with because so many attacks can just be sidestepped. effectively mitigating the usefulness of an entire mechanic outright.

it's just such a bizarre change lol, and slows the game down so much all for the sake of an extra stat to balance the game around that didn't actually need to be there to begin with

ANYWAY that's all i really have to say on that elden ring rules

C.Mongler

Eh you can spend like 20 minutes pumping levels into it once you realize that's why the game feels goofy compared to ds1 and then it has parity to ds1's mechanics and you can ignore it forever after that

Not saying I think it's the best big-brain shit ever or anything but I always thought it's kinda funny that people rag on it like it's not some shit you can't fix in like a fraction of a percentage of your playtime. Should you have to? I guess not but these games have tons of dumb shit I shouldn't HAVE to waste my time on if you want to split hairs lol

Also none of these games have perfect balance anyway, they can all be broken in like 50 ways to Sunday if you Google how to lol, and elden ring is probably the worst offender in that category (not that I give a shit play how you want)

Nyerp

Go Up