May 05, 2024, 11:59:22 PM

1,531,621 Posts in 46,728 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

elden ring

Started by C.Mongler, March 01, 2022, 07:16:09 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Samus Aran

March 07, 2022, 01:33:03 PM #15 Last Edit: March 07, 2022, 06:58:32 PM by Samus Aran
Quote from: Nyerp on March 07, 2022, 12:33:58 AMsoooo has anyone found where the berserk wolf head guy is and if so can you give me a hint?? he's on one of the loading screens and was in like all the trailers but i have yet to find him despite me thinking i've been pretty thorough in my exploration so far. i think the fact that i haven't found him is starting to affect other questlines even. if no one answers i'll just look it up but i like to try word-of-mouth before lame spoiler-filled walkthroughs

I assume you're talking about Blaidd?

INITIAL MEETING
  • Inside Mistwood, the player can occasionally hear a wolf howl. At this point, they can ask Merchant Kale about the howling. The merchant will teach the player the Finger Snap gesture.
  • Blaidd can be seen resting on the tallest point in the Mistwood Ruins, and will jump down after the player uses the gesture while standing below him. Blaidd will tell the player he is searching for a man who goes by the name "Darriwil".

https://eldenring.wiki.fextralife.com/Blaidd

I've been using the fextralife wiki to only look up immediately pertinent things and not spoil anything else for myself. It's mostly worked so far.

By the way - funny thing about Blaidd. He was for some reason immediately hostile for me, and I'd never even met him before. His spawn-in must've glitched and hurt him. I'll have to reset NPC hostility at the Church of Vows in order to do his quest.

That's not the only glitch I've encountered btw. There's a catacombs dungeon in Caelid, by the Minor Erdtree, called Minor Erdtree Catacombs (crazy, right?). In there, the stake of Marika doesn't work at all, and the entrance door glitches and locks you in the dungeon once you're inside, so you have to warp out once you're done lol

Nyerp

thx kaz, could have sworn i went to mistwood ruins but all i found was a giant bear and the cellar it was guarding. then again anything that requires a gesture is basically guaranteed confusion lmao

Nyerp

so i check out mistwood ruins again and blaidd is suddenly trying to kill me despite never having met him before, so i run away and absolve my sins to start his questline properly. it works but this also somehow spawns multiple other npcs into the world despite me already having been to their locations, including a blacksmith and a character who seems extremely fucking important to the story. what's the connection???? it's giving buggy vanilla skyrim vibes. why is this all still so vague and weirdly glitchy despite fromsoft having 13 years to reevaluate their npc/questline systems??? is this all because i killed his pet bear???????

Samus Aran

Quote from: Nyerp on March 07, 2022, 10:56:54 PMso i check out mistwood ruins again and blaidd is suddenly trying to kill me despite never having met him before, so i run away and absolve my sins to start his questline properly. it works but this also somehow spawns multiple other npcs into the world despite me already having been to their locations, including a blacksmith and a character who seems extremely fucking important to the story. what's the connection???? it's giving buggy vanilla skyrim vibes. why is this all still so vague and weirdly glitchy despite fromsoft having 13 years to reevaluate their npc/questline systems??? is this all because i killed his pet bear???????

lmfao blaidd was also hostile for me when i first went to the ruins, so apparently you had the same glitch i did

but yeah so, absolving sins apparently also revives npcs you killed, though i dont think it works for all of them

what do you mean by "spawns multiple other npcs into the world despite me having already been to their locations?" like, they weren't there in those spots before, but after absolving, they suddenly appeared there?

it's possible that the had already moved elsewhere, and that absolving reset them to their first spot or something? that's all i can think of i guess

Nyerp

i think what happened is those npcs don't exist in the world at all until you start blaidd's questline, so maybe absolving in particular didn't directly spawn them but it's still really dumb to have like 3 other npcs tied to an easily missable and glitchy one lol. especially when i've been looking for one of those npcs for a while for a completely different npc. i'm just gonna keep fextralife on hand from now on lmao

C.Mongler

jesus fucking christ Radahn was such a pain in the fucking ass lol

i think it might have been okay if they cut out the fucking trivial arrow dodging bit that you have to do for the first 2 minutes of the fight EVERY TIME U DIE which is a lot because if he smacks you like once you're fucked lol

beat him after like 15 tries tho lel

Nyerp

March 11, 2022, 03:01:04 PM #21 Last Edit: March 12, 2022, 09:52:55 AM by Nyerp
did you use all the you-know-whats lying around? i used them plus godrick's great rune (via rune arc) plus being level 85 and did it in like 4 tries. without the you-know-whats i can imagine it being insane though.

C.Mongler

lol u were almost 20 levels higher than I was

but yes i used the jolly cooperators

Nyerp

oh lol. well that's how open world rpgs can go. i was scared of caelid for a while so i did most of mt. gelmir and some of altus plateau before going back there. hell i'm STILL scared of the dragonbarrow area of caelid. i killed a ridiculous boss there that dropped something like 90k souls upon death and i was like yeahhhh this feels like an endgame zone.

Nyerp

i killed d*** e**** on sight and i don't feel bad about it. not even gonna look up if he does anything interesting i just really don't like him.

Nyerp

wow i probably really shouldn't have opened that door. i just wanted to see if there was a unique boss back there wtf???

Nyerp

m****** has to be the most infuriatingly designed superboss fight in souls history. i absolutely hate it lol

Samus Aran

Nyerp

i saw that lol. the same thing happened to me and until literally just now i thought that was what was supposed to happen?? but it's not and it's actually supposed to enter phase 2 what???? this game is kind of a mess lmao

Samus Aran

from what i understand, the deerbro is supposed to "die" as a sort of teleport move, but he just failed to respawn after initiating it i guess lmao

Go Up