May 10, 2024, 01:55:53 AM

1,531,624 Posts in 46,728 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

name a single good russian video game

Started by Kalahari Inkantation, February 26, 2022, 02:33:05 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Kalahari Inkantation

February 27, 2022, 02:28:14 PM #15 Last Edit: February 27, 2022, 08:54:47 PM by Magyarorszag
Quote from: silvertone on February 26, 2022, 04:28:56 AM
Quote from: Magyarorszag on February 26, 2022, 02:37:03 AMmeanwhile, i can think of countless brilliant ukrainian contributions to the digital interactive arts, such as:

• Metro: 2033
  • S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl
  • Metro: Last Light
  • Metro: Exodus
Also this list are all based off of Russian novels/movies.

yet nobody would ever have heard of either of them had ukraine not brought them to life in digital form, giving the entire global audience the gift of experiencing the rich worlds of stalker and metro in the most immersive way imaginable

stalker and metro are good in their original forms, but ukraine is the sole reason these russian properties are now internationally beloved and successful brands

time and time again, russian ideas are filtered, refined, and perfected by ukraine

The Truth:

Quote from: silvertone on February 26, 2022, 11:34:28 AMSo further proof ukraine requires russia for accomplishing anything? thats the msg im getting from this thread

Russia is nothing without Ukraine.

silvertone

Roadside picnic > stalker (movie) > stalker game  no contest.  itsa good game tho that i rly love. that and dark souls were the two games that rly stuck for me when i was Down Bad. but the idea that the book and movie "needs" the game is ...meme :/

metro is just kinda crap novel fr

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: silvertone on February 26, 2022, 11:54:37 AMThis thread does raise a point that ive long thought about. why are so many former commies countries good at making games while russia has no slam dunks outside of tetris.

poland has witcher
czech got craft topia and that one medieval rpg that idr name of
belarussia got world of tanks
ukraine has stalker n metro and does a lot of work for ubisoft games
croatia has serious sam and talos principle

theres probably more but i cant think of any rn. also if i enjoyed rts/strategy history sim games i could probably fill out more for all countries cos they all love that stuff.

only games ik from russia besides tetris is escape from tarkov and hello neighbor. and postal 3 (lol)

honestly though it's pretty curious

russia is a relatively developed nation teeming with creative talent and skilled programmers, yet in all 50 years the gaming industry has existed there has not been even one single noteworthy russian game

somehow the other former commies manage to accomplish much more with much less

The Truth:

Russia has mastered the art of squandering its potential. awdood;

Mando Pandango

Quote from: Magyarorszag on February 28, 2022, 07:56:08 AMThe Truth:

Russia has mastered the art of squandering its potential. awdood;
i knew i felt a kinship with the concept of Russia and now i see why
Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 22, 2018, 10:27:46 PMjesus absolute shitdicking christ, nu-boyah

C.Mongler

oh an actual good one: the Pathfinder games happydood;

YPrrrr

I actually tried researching this today and some article claimed the Witcher is a Russian game which made me irrationally furious

Kalahari Inkantation

April 29, 2022, 12:58:33 PM #22 Last Edit: April 29, 2022, 01:01:40 PM by Magyarorszag
BEHOLD: the russian gaming industry's most ambitious project yet

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SstWbERMv00

silvertone

i got milk inside a bag of milk inside a bag of milk. that was a neat game

ME##

The best game to take place in Russland is Destiny since the country's destroyed

Samus Aran

Quote from: silvertone on July 20, 2022, 06:21:54 AMi got milk inside a bag of milk inside a bag of milk. that was a neat game

as far as experimental visual novels go it's an interesting experience yeah

he made a sequel this year too but i havent played it yet

silvertone

Quote from: Samus Aran on August 26, 2022, 05:47:57 PM
Quote from: silvertone on July 20, 2022, 06:21:54 AMi got milk inside a bag of milk inside a bag of milk. that was a neat game

as far as experimental visual novels go it's an interesting experience yeah

he made a sequel this year too but i havent played it yet
it is a lot better and cooler

Kalahari Inkantation

November 30, 2022, 12:21:34 AM #27 Last Edit: November 30, 2022, 12:26:27 AM by Majorana's Incantation
Quote from: Majorana's Incantation on April 29, 2022, 12:58:33 PMBEHOLD: the russian gaming industry's most ambitious project yet

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SstWbERMv00

[8 months later]

Shame what's become of this.

Nyerp

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: Nyerp on November 30, 2022, 12:41:16 AMwhat happened confuseddood;

drone drops have made an absolutely bloody mess of some developers

lol putindisapproves;

Go Up