May 09, 2024, 08:05:00 PM

1,531,624 Posts in 46,728 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

slight competitive urge

Started by 6M69I69B9, February 23, 2022, 10:57:53 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

strongbad

Quote from: Mando Pandango on April 29, 2022, 09:43:32 AMOnce I get my own place it'll be much, much easier to game on my own schedule and I may hit you up then.

As far as hand issues go, I have suggestions:

1. Get a wrist brace for the hand that's in pain (or both). Wear it when you sleep and whenever else your hand can be mostly idle.

2. Wrist/hand stretches. They feel like they don't do much when you're doing them but over time they help a great deal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EiRC80FJbHU

PROTECT YOUR WRISTS. Think about how much you use your hands in life in addition to your hobbies. You gotta take care of your wrists.
gamecube controllers are also like the least ergo thing imaginable lol

ikanaide

i think when i play games rather than being competitive i just like the feeling that i'm getting better at something and that's the feeling i play for. that being said, normally what happens is i'll grind a game a lot until i get to a point where the rate of improvement is too slow and i get bored. i don't want to be the best, i just like improving and if i'm not feeling improvement anymore then it's easy for me to not feel like playing anymore. i feel like maybe this is not just me but a lot of people and that's why i always end up at the average level but idk. also this isn't just games but it's like everything i decide to learn, competitive or not.

having an opponent and winning is fun for sure, but it's not an addicting feeling for me. also when i see some of the mental struggles that better players face it kinda removes any desire i had to get to a higher level

Go Up