April 23, 2024, 03:12:41 AM

1,531,645 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

weird issue w/ wifi & ethernet conn

Started by 6M69I69B9, October 10, 2021, 10:48:13 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

6M69I69B9

so i think my computer is bare bones ok, performs decently for the games i like to play, gtx1060, 9th gen i5, 16gb ram
but there's one thing completely bothering me:
internet browser seems slow as shit despite having like 950mbps dl / 40 ul while wired
wifi is like half of that but it should be fine regardless???
other programs also seem to be slow w/ connection at times
i updated the browsers ive used
troubleshoot options on windows: nothing

my task manager shows everything all right
i used to just have 5gb left in my 1tb hd and 20 left in my 500gb nvme ssd but i think i freed up a decent amount to the point that it won't get in the way of general processes

so im left wondering...lol what do i do now???

connections time out a lot
it's been happening commonly now, though rn it's fine
Quote from: Travis on April 03, 2015, 10:52:52 PM
gotta eat the booty like groceries

Quote from: Travis on March 01, 2018, 08:44:39 PM
Quote from: reefer on March 01, 2018, 06:15:08 PM
Technology and globalism go hand and hand. If you want to be on the forefront of technology then you gotta be global

the earth is flat you globecuck

silvertone

ME##

maybe ur isp has shite dns lol try using google's public one

Travis

Quote from: ME## on October 12, 2021, 03:12:23 PMmaybe ur isp has shite dns lol try using google's public one
try this also see if your router has a firmware update

C.Mongler

another take: what browser do u use?

i love firefox but its been doing weird slow shit on every system i use it on in the past 6 months SocksDood;

6M69I69B9

yeah I use firefox. i face that but it only happens when I need to update, it's weird.

tried the dns thing and while things did get a bit better, I still am facing weird timed out connections. It's not specific to the browsers I use, but it's weird, if I establish a connection with a streaming site, the media I'm watching won't be interrupted. yet, I'll have slow connections on steam, browsers, etc. still??? it's so inconsistent.

I might have to see if I can do a firmware update. Otherwise, I'm just so lost on what it could be

Technology and globalism go hand and hand. If you want to be on the forefront of technology then you gotta be global

6M69I69B9

February 25, 2022, 06:18:27 PM #6 Last Edit: February 25, 2022, 06:22:44 PM by 6M69I69B9
im actually really fucking dumb
should have done this from the start

but the thing is, it didn't fuck me over hard until very recently. just decided to finally spend my day off just trying to diagnose it

anyway

finally observed task manager and any blip of network usage id look into
"web companion" had .01% but it rarely ever came up, but it was the shadiest looking program
turns out regardless of it using .01%, it actually caused the whole reason why my connection was so iffy
dismissed it because well, it did say "web" so i just figured it wouldn't cause ALL of my connection issues..right??
then came to realize it's actually antimalware and ofc that shit always wrecks connections. must have accidentally downloaded it while getting some freeware and it was left ticked on while downloading something completely different
malwarebytes didnt pick up on it, nor did windows state anything of there being a connection issue, so i felt so defeated until I just observed what was up

idk why I was so stubborn just winging it this whole fucking time LMAO

i feel like I can breathe properly again lol
idk why I didn't think of it sooner, I did notice it in the past, but brushed it off/forgot.

silvertone

lol nice bro bro. welcome back to the internet

Go Up