good foods that are still overrated (and bad foods that are over-hated)

Started by Mando Pandango, October 06, 2021, 04:24:58 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

strongbad

silvertone

if it is delicious is it over rated ? why do you doubt your senses

ME##

YPrrrr

Travis

Quote from: Samus Aran on October 07, 2021, 01:43:03 AMi have no idea if this is a hot take but i've always thought pizza as a whole is a pretty overrated food. but obviously i still like pizza, i just find the cultural obsession with it here in the U.S. to be really weird and overblown
not to sound like a typical jersey guy but you really gotta try pizza from ny/nj area before coming to that conclusion imo

C.Mongler

here's a vegan take: beyond meat smells like fucking putrid cat piss when you open it and cook it at home from the package. tastes fine once cooked but the smell is an appetite killer

for this i am an impossible stan, which only midly smells kinda weird

Hiro

Quote from: YPrrrr on October 07, 2021, 05:34:14 AMAlso Korean BBQ. I just don't get it. It's fine but I expected something more unique from the hype. I guess the experience is more the unique part? It's just meat
I think the weird thing about it to me is this idea that korean bbq has to be one of those places where you grill it yourself. I've gotten korean bbq at quite a few different places but only had the grill once, and that was definitely the worst one.

Quote from: strongbad on October 07, 2021, 07:26:28 AM"Basic" fruits like bananas and apples are underrated. Like ya everyone eats them all the time but I rarely hear people saying how great either is

Cereal is way overrated- can't believe Americans have been tied to this shit for the last century (at least?)
Bananas are by far my most purchased fruit, pretty much always have bananas in my kitchen. also living in WA now there's a way better selection of apples which is cool, cosmic crisp are really good

Quote from: C.Mongler on November 01, 2021, 12:25:27 PMhere's a vegan take: beyond meat smells like fucking putrid cat piss when you open it and cook it at home from the package. tastes fine once cooked but the smell is an appetite killer

for this i am an impossible stan, which only midly smells kinda weird
I was thinking cat food but yeah definitely agree with you here, impossible is wayyyyyy better

Mando Pandango

bananas are great. best snack fruit

pears are better than apples
Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 22, 2018, 10:27:46 PMjesus absolute shitdicking christ, nu-boyah

The Hand That Fisted Everyone

there is fundamentally no difference between a pear and an apple

YPrrrr

Mando Pandango

Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 22, 2018, 10:27:46 PMjesus absolute shitdicking christ, nu-boyah

silvertone

Samus Aran

strongbad

Y'all are eating shitty apples of these are your takes

A good pear is as good as a good apple but generally speaking apple > pear EZ

ME##

people who don't eat the skins on their kiwis are weak and shouldn't be trusted

Go Up