good foods that are still overrated (and bad foods that are over-hated)

Started by Mando Pandango, October 06, 2021, 04:24:58 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Mando Pandango

i'll start. blueberries. mostly a texture thing but there are also plenty tastier fruits out there. but i won't kick em out of bed if you know what i mean
Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 22, 2018, 10:27:46 PMjesus absolute shitdicking christ, nu-boyah

Samus Aran

i have no idea if this is a hot take but i've always thought pizza as a whole is a pretty overrated food. but obviously i still like pizza, i just find the cultural obsession with it here in the U.S. to be really weird and overblown

YPrrrr

Sushi. It's still good but it's usually not amazing.

Also Korean BBQ. I just don't get it. It's fine but I expected something more unique from the hype. I guess the experience is more the unique part? It's just meat

Also also cronuts. They're neat but not the best donut

Hot dogs get a lot of hate from people due to how gross they are in their makeup and I understand that but they're still solid

Liver also gets too much hate. It's a bit weird and I wouldn't ever really order it but it's fineee

silvertone

Anything very spicy. I spent all year building up tolerance to hot foods only to find out food tastes better when not hot.

and beef

and hamburgers are shit

strongbad

Wow hating on blueberries that's low

"Basic" fruits like bananas and apples are underrated. Like ya everyone eats them all the time but I rarely hear people saying how great either is

Cereal is way overrated- can't believe Americans have been tied to this shit for the last century (at least?)

YPrrrr

Lies food is better when spicy. Idk that spicy foods are rated highly in the country of mayonnaise devourers but I guess it's catching on to the point of fad

Also people like cereal because it's stuffed with sugar which is tasty and releases endorphins and dopamine. So yeah basically drugs. Same for spicy food actually

silvertone

Mando Pandango

Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 22, 2018, 10:27:46 PMjesus absolute shitdicking christ, nu-boyah

strongbad

ikanaide

i feel like anyone who takes part in classic food debates like pineapple on pizza etc. wildly exaggerate their preference. in that sense it's both overrated and overhated at the same time.

Quote from: Samus Aran on October 07, 2021, 01:43:03 AMi have no idea if this is a hot take but i've always thought pizza as a whole is a pretty overrated food.
also this but bacon

Mando Pandango

i don't see the issue with pineapple on pizza. is it the interaction of the pineapple with the tomatoes? too acidic? never bothered me

YPrrrr

For me it's the juice. I don't want an explosion of sweet, acidic juice in the midst of my pizza. I like pineapple but not on my pizza. To me it's just as weird as putting grapefruit slices

Samus Aran

Quote from: strongbad on October 07, 2021, 07:26:28 AMCereal is way overrated- can't believe Americans have been tied to this shit for the last century (at least?)

its also like an evil billion-dollar industry hellbent on propagating lies about cereal being "healthy"

strongbad

Quote from: Samus Aran on October 07, 2021, 04:44:00 PM
Quote from: strongbad on October 07, 2021, 07:26:28 AMCereal is way overrated- can't believe Americans have been tied to this shit for the last century (at least?)

its also like an evil billion-dollar industry hellbent on propagating lies about cereal being "healthy"
Yeah this is fucked

Literally just make oatmeal and boom you are healthier

YPrrrr

Go Up