April 18, 2024, 03:18:20 PM

1,531,643 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

qotd: how much do you actually shop online

Started by ME##, August 13, 2021, 05:42:23 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

ME##

honestly, i feel like such a boomer for this but i actually prefer to buy from stores than online lol idort;.  unless the item in question is upwards of 70% cheaper online, or a niche product that's impossible to find in stores outside of large cities, i would rather just go to the store and pick it up myself.  the threat of lowlife package thieves, damage in transit and the delivery driver delivering it to the wrong apartment are rather unappealing IMO

not to mention just having to wait in general

YPrrrr

I prefer to shop online for just about everything outside of clothing and now that I've found some brands that actually consistently fit I'm going online for those too.

It's often in the range of 50% cheaper to do it online

Samus Aran

Constantly, because I still buy games constantly. And it's a fairly even split between Amazon and eBay, because of the large amount of older games I'm always buying.

silvertone

i havent used amazon in over a year now and recently stopped using ebay because too many chinese sellers set their location to california/nyc and i have to wait a long ass time just save a couple bucks

what i have been doing is just buying stuff straight from supplier's sight. i did that with my last mouse, keyboard and laptop...

i like being able to buy things and having them instantly so ill opt to drive to the store and check if they have it. but at same time its fucking impossible to find everything you need from local retail. I dont even live in somewhere rural....
and it feels retarded to goto best buy / walmart / other big chain corp that treats their employees like dirt just to avoid amazon

strongbad

Pretty good amount but I try to go support local businesses when it isn't stupidly expensive. I make an effort to check used parts bins at bike coops, things like that. But that being said I order a lot of shit online lol

C.Mongler

Especially since covid I do like 95% of my shopping online. Tbf tho the only non-food I buy is computer shit and video games lol. 

All I buy in stores is groceries and even then if online grocery shopping was better I'd probably do that online too. Just not a fan of how 1)expensive it is and 2) how unreliable it can be with shit like "oh they were out of the cookies so I got u soda instead" or "hope these 6 already browning bananas are fine!!"

ikanaide

i don't buy stuff very often but when i do it's normally online. though when i was in uni i'd walk 40 minutes from my house each time to buy groceries. no idea why i did that instead of just getting groceries online like everyone else cuz it was a painful trek and i could barely carry anything. i also walked that same distance carrying an entire pc multiple times man wtf was i thinking

reeper

Go Up