April 18, 2024, 02:20:21 AM

1,531,643 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

POTD: Do you still drink sodie pop?

Started by C.Mongler, August 06, 2021, 06:03:24 AM

previous topic - next topic

Hows a nice sodie?

Yes I enjoy the sweet nectar
1 (16.7%)
Yes, but I stick to the diet/low/no calorie stuff
1 (16.7%)
No, my teeth are rotting just reading this poll
4 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Go Down

C.Mongler

taco bell thread got me thinkin, who here still be drinkin' soda on the reg

i will say carbonated water like la croix and shit, even though im not sure is technically any different than like a coke zero, doesn't count

i used to drink 1 or more sodas a day up until like college. i dont really remember what convinced me to quit, i just kind of just grew out of it. that and i was having to buy my own soda at that point and im a cheap bitch. these days i basically just drink water and coffee, with an occasional juice, kombucha, or carb'd water. i have soda like once or twice a year and after like 3 sips i don't want any more lol

YPrrrr

August 06, 2021, 06:40:19 AM #1 Last Edit: August 06, 2021, 06:57:15 AM by YPrrrr
La Croix and other seltzers don't have all the chemical garbage that's in diet soda. I do drink a lot of seltzer. I get bored of plain water so it helps me get adequate liquids to have a flavored alternative not full of gunk

I don't mind an occasional soda pop. I think it's kind of silly how people act like they quit heroin or something when they say they don't drink soda anymore. Like yeah, it's unhealthy, most people know this. So is pizza. It's not a survival story. And ya don't need to act all holier than thou when someone offers you a soda at a party or something. "Oh *condescending look* I don't drink soda" I swear drinking a soda in front of some folks is worse than drinking a beer in front of a Baptist. No one's going to atheist hell over a can of Coke, chill out

As a kid I did used to have it like every time I went out to a restaurant. It just seemed like thats what you did. I'm surprised my parents paid for it so often considering they were usually pretty frugal. I'm sure a lot of the cavities I had as a kid from the amount of juice and soda I used to drink was correlated. I stopped drinking so much fizzy liquid I got older because I realized soda costs money and why am I paying two bucks for a liquid candy bar that does nothing good for me when I can get water for free. So thanks temporary poverty, you helped save my teeth

Now I pretty much only get it if I see an interesting new/rare flavor or maybe if I find some specialty soda like Sioux City Sasparilla, Cheerwine, Crush in a glass bottle, Mexican coke etc. or as a mixer for a cheap cocktail. Or maybe if I'm out at like the movies I'll grab one. Idk. Whenever I feel like one I guess lol #amurica

Diet soda is gross and a shitty mixer so I have no use for it.

strongbad

Pretty much the same as you guys. Drank it often up until college (maybe even 1-2/day in HS) but thankfully I kind of naturally fell off the wagon. I think in college I got into tea and coffee which replaced soda as fun drinks, and then once la croix became trendy I jumped on that bandwagon too.

Really can't stand it now. Way too sweet

Mando Pandango

Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 22, 2018, 10:27:46 PMjesus absolute shitdicking christ, nu-boyah

silvertone

i accidentally sipped coca cola thinking it was hi C when i was 5(?)ish and that turned me off from soda forever.

but ik if it was a fruit soda or smth different my life would have been very different...

Thyme

Rarely. When I do it's usually Sprite.

As far as carbonated drinks go, at least. I drink a lot of iced tea lmao

Samus Aran

i used to drink it constantly. now i still drink it regularly, but much less. still more than i should, though.

Travis

used to drink lots of full sugar soda but like 2 years ago i switched to diet ik it's still bad but at least im not putting like 150 extra grams of sugar in myself per day, eventually id like to stop altogether

Hiro

I probably have soda like once a week or somethin

kettu

i have a problem with sweets and i'm once again trying to lose weight so i just chug diet pop like my life depends on it

Mando Pandango

Quote from: kettu on October 21, 2021, 01:31:46 PMi have a problem with sweets and i'm once again trying to lose weight so i just chug diet pop like my life depends on it
Some people will tell you that this doesn't help which I also thought until I did a little research after reading this post. What I found:

https://www.webmd.com/diet/features/diet-sodas-and-weight-gain-not-so-fast#1

I guess watch out for corn syrup!
Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 22, 2018, 10:27:46 PMjesus absolute shitdicking christ, nu-boyah

Go Up