and the award for most bafflingly overrated coffee shop goes TO:

Started by ME##, April 19, 2021, 02:15:27 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

C.Mongler

Quote from: Magyarorszag on April 20, 2021, 10:11:53 AM
Quote from: C.Mongler on April 20, 2021, 09:55:40 AMlike yea its shit but no expects it not to be shit

if that were true then no one would ever set foot in one

Quote from: C.Mongler on April 20, 2021, 09:55:40 AMdunkins is perfeclty rated tho

it's overrated so long as its coffee has any voluntary consumers at all

evidence:

https://www.wbtv.com/story/24794981/plumbing-issue-may-lead-to-cause-of-illness-at-dunkin-donuts-in-monroe/

https://www.localsyr.com/health/coronavirus/potential-covid-19-exposure-at-dunkin-donuts-in-weedsport/
i set foot in one cuz their shit is like $2 whereas starbux shit is like $5.5 and they are rude to me

YPrrrr

Plus you can get a cheap donut while you're there

Yes I realize there are better donuts in the world please don't tell me how X donut shop is way better than DD everyone knows that

Kalahari Inkantation

oh no the donuts are fine lol, i've had a craving for a box these past few days

YPrrrr

Yeah I didn't mean to specifically direct it at you sry

It just feels like any time on the internet you post that you like some sort of cheap junk food someone always has to shit on it for not being gourmet. Sometimes I just want a goddamn previously frozen glazed donut!!! (and there's not always a Krispy Kreme around)

Kalahari Inkantation

i saved the most revulsive piece of evidence for last:

https://www.ksat.com/news/local/2021/01/30/need-a-pick-me-up-you-can-get-free-dunkin-coffee-every-monday-in-february/

ugly;

I need a pick-me-up, not a put-me-down. awdood;

also just picked me up a box of donuts from dd happydood;

YPrrrr

That is a very hot n cold relationship you have with DD lol

ME##

I’ll never forget the time I went to Dunkin’ Donuts and they asked if I wanted milk in my latte 5thgrade;

Hiro

honestly dunkin donuts are the bottom level donut imo, gas stations and grocery stores have better donuts

??????

I go to dd if it's convenient
it's a bit annoying when they get confused I just want 4 shots of espresso and nothing else and they ask if I'm sure I don't want any milk, sugar, creame

YPrrrr

Quote from: Hiro on April 22, 2021, 12:42:15 AMhonestly dunkin donuts are the bottom level donut imo, gas stations and grocery stores have better donuts
ust have some good grocery stores because most grocery store donuts are trash af. They basically have glazed wonderbread. Gas stations too unless they offer Krispy Kremes.

Not that Dunkin is amazing but I would never waste money on a grocery store donut unless it's like a froufrou specialty grocery

silvertone

Quote from: YPrrrr on April 22, 2021, 05:00:02 AM
Quote from: Hiro on April 22, 2021, 12:42:15 AMhonestly dunkin donuts are the bottom level donut imo, gas stations and grocery stores have better donuts
ust have some good grocery stores because most grocery store donuts are trash af. They basically have glazed wonderbread. Gas stations too unless they offer Krispy Kremes.

Not that Dunkin is amazing but I would never waste money on a grocery store donut unless it's like a froufrou specialty grocery
yea true.

Hiro

Quote from: YPrrrr on April 22, 2021, 05:00:02 AMYou must have some good grocery stores because most grocery store donuts are trash af. They basically have glazed wonderbread. Gas stations too unless they offer Krispy Kremes.

mmmmnope, dunkin just sucks bro. they're really dry, firm, and the frosting has no discernible flavor at all. grocery store/gas station donuts are not that good but completely acceptable imo, i'm talking about safeway & frys/kroger/etc. unless you're getting them at their most stale they're totally fine
also i've never seen a gas station actually had krispy kreme,  just those little prepackaged mini donuts with the krispy kreme branding

Hiro

apparently dunkin donuts left oregon and washington a long time ago anyway wrench;
most local donut shops > krispy kreme > grocery store donuts > gas station donuts > dunkin
donuts are one of my favorite things and dunkin is the only place I would never pay money for

Go Up