in the past 15 years, the original zelda release that's disappointed me least

Started by Kalahari Inkantation, April 17, 2021, 10:35:45 PM

previous topic - next topic

Your impression of the Zelda series in the past 15 years?

Generally favorable. I shall elaborate below.
2 (33.3%)
Generally unfavorable
4 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Go Down

Kalahari Inkantation

April 17, 2021, 10:35:45 PM Last Edit: April 17, 2021, 11:03:50 PM by Magyarorszag Reason: come to think of it, FIFTEEN years
Is Spirit Tracks, believe it or not. SocksDood;

#theSorryStateofZelda

Samus Aran

YPrrrr

TooB

Botw actually was a slight disappointment to me, mainly because I was already getting sick of the open world structure, especially the Ubisoft kind.

Then of course, Skyward Sword is just.... meh.

I guess I'd say the last 15 years was generally unfavorable, but ALBW was stellar

Mando Pandango

Look at the span of 98-04 and then look at everything after. Night and day.

That said the only releases I've played in the last 15 years are twilight princess and a link between worlds so idk.
Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 22, 2018, 10:27:46 PMjesus absolute shitdicking christ, nu-boyah

YPrrrr

I mean expecting them to ever equal the magic of Minish Cap is just unrealistic

Mando Pandango

Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 22, 2018, 10:27:46 PMjesus absolute shitdicking christ, nu-boyah

silvertone

YPrrrr

Samus Aran

YPrrrr

Only thing that disappointed me was the lack of dungeons really

But maybe my expectations were really low since I hadn't enjoyed a console Zelda since the N64

C.Mongler

the only zelda to really truly dissapoint me was skyward, but i also didn't really play it that much so idk lol

i even liked phantom hourglass quite a bit besides its stupid central dungeon thingy

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: YPrrrr on April 18, 2021, 02:13:20 PMI mean expecting them to ever equal the magic of Minish Cap is just unrealistic

i wish you were wrong but honestly, yeah

minish cap truly was the last great zelda game

its faults are negligible in comparison to the subsequent entries

Kalahari Inkantation

what's even more disheartening is that the last truly great zelda game made by nintendo is turning 20 (TWENTY) YEARS OLD next year

And even so, Wind Waker has some SEVERE, GLARINGLY OBVIOUS faults, the most egregious of which has haunted the series ever since and only gotten more debilitating with each major mainline entry.

with the sole exception of TP, i suppose, but that one has more than enough of its own issues to make up for it

Quote from: silvertone on April 19, 2021, 07:46:45 AM
Quote from: YPrrrr on April 18, 2021, 02:13:20 PMI mean expecting them to ever equal the magic of Minish Cap is just unrealistic
joke?

No.

silvertone

im unsure if youre complimenting the game (i only thought it was OK and a little soulless) or if you have low expectations of nintendo nowdays

Go Up