April 18, 2024, 06:22:34 AM

1,531,643 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

obligatory easter thread/memories 2021

Started by 6M69I69B9, April 04, 2021, 08:43:28 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

6M69I69B9

what you guys got planned for easter????
for me, nm tbh

a little digging into my history, when i was like 7-8 my family would host an easter get-together with your traditional egg spoon balancing, potato sack race, and easter egg hunt. tbh it was so cool. looking back, i was thinking it was pretty organized. apparently my grandmother was a community figure in my old neighborhood back in chicago for our block or something, and would host events for kids around. in the philippines she was a district leader who held meetings and etc., she influenced her kids with conducting family meetings/organization, so my aunts and uncles kinda took away from that. hell to this day, anything with important matters, they all meet up to discuss about their plans or something. honestly don't know what they would talk about that would warrant meetings. maybe a wellness check??? though they do congregate for the sake of discussing family overseas too

also my family friend, or aunt as i call her, she once took me to a supermarket where they hosted an easter event and i thought it was pretty cool
Quote from: Travis on April 03, 2015, 10:52:52 PM
gotta eat the booty like groceries

Quote from: Travis on March 01, 2018, 08:44:39 PM
Quote from: reefer on March 01, 2018, 06:15:08 PM
Technology and globalism go hand and hand. If you want to be on the forefront of technology then you gotta be global

the earth is flat you globecuck

strongbad

that's cool- it is funny to think about how much went into easters growing up. organized community events and family events. honestly don't know if i would do the same for my children

we're having a low key easter with my immediate family this year (and for the last few years). the holiday doesn't mean very much to me from a cultural/spiritual standpoint but the timing of easter and the scents of spring always hit hard.

Hiro

yeah no plans, as a kid a few nearby family members would come over, we'd get easter baskets in the morning, dress up in our outfits, and the eggs we dyed a few days before would already be scattered all over the yard. My sisters and I would find them all, see who got the most, and then those eggs would be used to make eggs goldenrod for breakfast

YPrrrr

My parents would make an Easter basket with a bunch of candy and like one toy and hide it somewhere in the house. Me and my brother would search for them on Easter morning as a game. We'd go to church and dye eggs and all that jazz.

This year I made my girlfriend a little Easter basket with candy and a small gift. Going to dye some eggs and make the same food my mom usually does for Easter

6M69I69B9

i ended up being the easter bunny and my sister gave me eggs for me to hide for my niece and nephews
it was the funniest shit ever. was taking suggestions online live and someone said to put them on the ceiling fan
lmao when it was time, the older nephew noticed the eggs and raced to get something to hoist them up to the fan, they moved the fan and all the eggs dropped, and then they had to get down lmao

my sister and i put down a decent amount of money for the eggs, maybe a bit much. and to entice them without telling them there was cash in the eggs, i told them to redeem 10 eggs to me for $5 ea. ended up shelling $35 in addition to $30 in the eggs (rounded up some counts, like 25 would count as 30). my sister shelled $30. literally $95 cash. the thing is, these kids actually like saving, so i have some trust in them

Quote from: strongbad on April 04, 2021, 10:49:09 AMthat's cool- it is funny to think about how much went into easters growing up. organized community events and family events. honestly don't know if i would do the same for my children

we're having a low key easter with my immediate family this year (and for the last few years). the holiday doesn't mean very much to me from a cultural/spiritual standpoint but the timing of easter and the scents of spring always hit hard.
same tbh
but this year was a bit different

Quote from: Hiro on April 04, 2021, 11:28:34 AMyeah no plans, as a kid a few nearby family members would come over, we'd get easter baskets in the morning, dress up in our outfits, and the eggs we dyed a few days before would already be scattered all over the yard. My sisters and I would find them all, see who got the most, and then those eggs would be used to make eggs goldenrod for breakfast
whats goldenrod
also i dont think ive ever dyed eggs before

Quote from: YPrrrr on April 04, 2021, 02:19:26 PMMy parents would make an Easter basket with a bunch of candy and like one toy and hide it somewhere in the house. Me and my brother would search for them on Easter morning as a game. We'd go to church and dye eggs and all that jazz.

This year I made my girlfriend a little Easter basket with candy and a small gift. Going to dye some eggs and make the same food my mom usually does for Easter
v kool
seems comfy

Technology and globalism go hand and hand. If you want to be on the forefront of technology then you gotta be global

Hiro

Quote from: 6M69I69B9 on April 05, 2021, 03:57:53 PMwhats goldenrod
dude dyeing eggs is great, i take it from your story you use plastic ones

basically you just hard boil the eggs, cut up the whites and mix them into a white gravy, pour over toast and sprinkle with the crumbled yolks
it's kind of a weird dish but actually pretty good and I only ever have it on easter

6M69I69B9

Quote from: Hiro on April 05, 2021, 05:22:49 PM
Quote from: 6M69I69B9 on April 05, 2021, 03:57:53 PMwhats goldenrod
dude dyeing eggs is great, i take it from your story you use plastic ones

basically you just hard boil the eggs, cut up the whites and mix them into a white gravy, pour over toast and sprinkle with the crumbled yolks
it's kind of a weird dish but actually pretty good and I only ever have it on easter
yeah, but now that we actually have easter eggs we just shoved them into storage. i might consider dyeing eggs as an actual activity for the kids next time

also that actually looks good. i might try eggsecuting it lmao
doesn't seem so bad
i almost never have gravy ever unless it's like mashed potatoes
wait that's not the same gravy lol
tbh ive only ever had brown gravy

Mando Pandango

easter kinda came and went and i knew it was easter but i just kinda didn't acknowledge it and felt better for it so i think i never really cared about easter

huh
Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 22, 2018, 10:27:46 PMjesus absolute shitdicking christ, nu-boyah

Hiro

Quote from: 6M69I69B9 on April 05, 2021, 10:06:07 PMi almost never have gravy ever unless it's like mashed potatoes
wait that's not the same gravy lol
tbh ive only ever had brown gravy
woah man you gotta try some white gravy
never had biscuits and gravy?

YPrrrr

I think biscuits are better without gravy. Just with a shit ton of butter or jam

I do like gravy tho just on other things

Hiro

Quote from: YPrrrr on April 06, 2021, 08:44:33 AMI think biscuits are better without gravy. Just with a shit ton of butter or jam

I do like gravy tho just on other things
I mean yeah biscuits are also good with other things but biscuits and gravy is a great dish
what else is white gravy good on really, chicken fried steak??
weird that you would even like it at all tbh

YPrrrr

Eh it's white but it doesn't have the disgusting texture thing like mayo does

It's still bottom tier gravy imo though, it just tastes like breakfast sausage and flour

Also would be nicer if the biscuits weren't drowned in it so they don't become soggy.

If anyone down here finds out I said all this I'll probably get beaten to death

Hiro

I'd argue white gravy has a much weirder and more cum-like texture than mayo
also the biscuits would only get soggy if you let it sit for too long or if their shitty biscuits

YPrrrr

For the record I don't dislike the texture of mayo because it is cumlike I just dislike the look because it is reminiscent of cum/pus

The texture of mayo is its own unique horrible oily garbage consistency

Why ruin good biscuits with gravy tho

ikanaide

i didn't know white gravy even was an existing thing until just now, not sure what to think tbh

Go Up