March 28, 2024, 08:14:07 AM

1,531,609 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

a $0 business idea: Let's talk it out.

Started by Kalahari Inkantation, March 20, 2021, 09:02:04 AM

previous topic - next topic

Is there any potential public interest in Boyahlike services?

Yes. My reasoning is provided below.
2 (100%)
No. My reasoning is provided below.
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 2

Go Down

Kalahari Inkantation

March 20, 2021, 09:02:04 AM Last Edit: March 20, 2021, 12:52:44 PM by Magyarorszag
Have you ever wanted to just talk it out, yet not known who to turn to? befuddlement

What if there were a team of sensible, fair-minded, normal people you could reliably talk it out with? Any time, any place, anonymously? cmongler;

WE LIVE IN A SOCIETY in the midst of an unprecedented crisis of mental wellbeing.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diseases_of_despair

https://news.osu.edu/health-declining-in-gen-x-and-gen-y-national-study-shows/

Digital connections abound, and yet real human connections seem few and far between.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_media_use_and_mental_health

At the same time, not everyone can afford, or needs, or even wants a "therapist". Many would welcome an opportunity to casually talk it out with sensible, fair-minded, normal peers.

But such opportunities can feel vanishingly rare. A shame: many would be served at least as well, if not even better, by simply talking it out with reasonable regular peers, as opposed to "therapy".

Our very own Boyah, in its delightfully peculiar form, has thrived on a business model quite like this for well over ten years. And Boyah's budget is hardly anything more than rust, skepticism, and goodwill.

Could there be a broader interest in such a service? befuddlement

Let's talk it out, Boyah. Do we have a $0 business idea? y/n

YPrrrr

Sure sounds good to me, Boyah has gotten me through a lot of sad times when I had no one else I thought I could talk things out with

Hiro

are you suggesting we bring boyah to the public?

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: YPrrrr on March 20, 2021, 09:41:10 AMSure sounds good to me, Boyah has gotten me through a lot of sad times when I had no one else I thought I could talk things out with

This is exactly what I'm getting at. I suspect it's something we can all strongly relate to. :3

Quote from: Hiro on March 20, 2021, 05:17:23 PMare you suggesting we bring boyah to the public?

in a way, i suppose

not necessarily boyah itself, but boyah's personality

C.Mongler

i am not a free therapist i charge more than therapists do you all have racked up quite the bill

Samus Aran

i dont know. i feel like i'm worth a lot. could people really afford me?

Hiro

reeper

Quote from: Hiro on March 20, 2021, 05:17:23 PMare you suggesting we bring boyah to the public?
that's the stupidest thing I've ever heard, boyah is a private company for private people with private problems

The Hand That Fisted Everyone

bumping this thread in hopes that we can get this idea off the ground

Kalahari Inkantation

Please quote this to the Me, and Intellectyou'll thread.

Quote from: The Hand That Fisted Everyone on February 18, 2023, 06:14:23 PMbumping this thread in hopes that we can get this idea off the ground

Mando Pandango

itt tec invents the concept of a support group
Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 22, 2018, 10:27:46 PMjesus absolute shitdicking christ, nu-boyah

reeper

Go Up