April 18, 2024, 01:32:10 AM

1,531,643 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Judging your Spotify

Started by YPrrrr, December 23, 2020, 08:37:36 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

YPrrrr

Yes I am stealing this from a reddit thread I deserve all the shame associated with that

But it's a kind of fun little gimmick that looks over your library and "roasts" your taste. If anyone wants to try it out: https://pudding.cool/2020/12/judge-my-spotify/

It really latches on to me listening to Dua Lipa lol. I guess that's the only top 40 I really listen to atm. I also way overlisten to Fleet Foxes and Tame Impala because I am a basic indie fan but I have no shame in my game

strongbad

Quote> Your spotify was pretentious-hip-hop-motherfucking-starboy bad.

> Thank your obsessions with MF Doom and The Weeknd for that.

> Based on your listening habits, I can also tell you your spotify was...

> wrote-in-kanye-for-president bad

> But wait, it gets worse:

You listen to these tracks too much:

This Is Not The End - Mixed - Live by Gui Boratto
Take My Breath Away - Mixed - Live by Gui Boratto
Endless Holidays - Mixed - Live by Gui Boratto
Arquipélago - Mixed - Live by Gui Boratto
Change Your Life (You Can Do It) by Dan Deacon
You stan these artists to an uncomfortable extent:

Gui Boratto
Kanye West
Wavves
Max Cooper
Juice WRLD
You are 8% basic. Have you considered there's a reason nobody listens to Nick Zammuto?.

You're stuck in the early 2010s. For you, music's been all downhill since Dream Dance Alliance made Butterfly - Edit.

That's it. I'm done.

Thanks for letting me see your music I guess.

Shutting down.

A.I. trained by Mike Lacher & Matt Daniels for The Pudding. Additional support from Omri Rolan, Kevin Litman-Navarro.

Enjoy this project? Consider helping fund The Pudding on Patreon.

Lol pretty silly
also i don't listen to the weekend so idk what's up with that

Thyme

apparently it's clogged right now saddood;

ME##

Quote> Your spotify was tay-tay-fangirl-pills-are-kicking-in-cabincore bad.

> Thank your obsessions with Taylor Swift, edm (e.g., Cheat Codes and Clean Bandit), and Folklore for that.
> Based on your listening habits, I can also tell you your spotify was...
> cavity-inducing-sweet-pop bad
> First-in-line-for-the-Chromatica-Oreos bad
> eurovision bad
> music-to-stalk-boys-to bad
> kimchi-fermenting bad

> Here's what else is going on in your aural trash fire:

You listen to these tracks too much:
cardigan by Taylor Swift
exile by Taylor Swift
Cry About It Later by Katy Perry
cardigan - cabin in candlelight version by Taylor Swift
Smile by Katy Perry

You stan these artists to an uncomfortable extent:
Taylor Swift
Kim Petras
Lady Gaga
Lana Del Rey
Katy Perry

You are 41% basic.
You listen to a few unique things, but most of it is what everybody else listens to, like Ariana Grande and Justin Bieber..

You're too trendy for your own good. You know there's good music from before 2019, right?

Analysis completed in 4.012 exhausting seconds.
I need to go recalibrate my taste levels.

Not it roasting me for Eurovision

YPrrrr

Huh Strongbad I didn't expect you to be so hiphop focused :O If it's picking out MF Doom I think it's really reaching for something to roast lol
Quote from: Thyme on December 23, 2020, 09:13:25 AMapparently it's clogged right now saddood;
Yeah I had some trouble getting through last night it didn't work for me til this morning

YPrrrr

Huh, I would have expected the basicness to be way over 41% with the artists it picked out for you David girl;

Maybe Eurovision songs are considered deepcuts huhdoodame;

ME##

I mean Spotify told me I was in the top 0.5% of all Taylor Swift's listeners last year so yeah it's being pretty generous with that 41%

Thyme

or maybe i stumped it lol

too much prog metal, cannot compute

ME##

Quote from: Thyme on December 23, 2020, 10:22:02 AMor maybe i stumped it lol

lmao

Mando Pandango

QuoteI've been trained on a corpus of over two million indicators of objectively good music, including Pitchfork reviews,

lmao
Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 22, 2018, 10:27:46 PMjesus absolute shitdicking christ, nu-boyah

YPrrrr

Quote from: ME## on December 23, 2020, 10:18:22 AMI mean Spotify told me I was in the top 0.5% of all Taylor Swift's listeners last year so yeah it's being pretty generous with that 41%
Holy hell that is honestly very impressive. They should get you a backstage pass for your efforts

ME##

YPrrrr

Quote from: Thyme on December 23, 2020, 10:22:02 AMor maybe i stumped it lol

I thought this because of all the sea shanties I had but it just ignored those n_u

strongbad

Quote from: YPrrrr on December 23, 2020, 10:13:05 AMHuh Strongbad I didn't expect you to be so hiphop focused :O If it's picking out MF Doom I think it's really reaching for something to roast lol
ya i've always liked hip hop (mostly just doom lol) but i definitely got a lot more into it this year. i think my roasting for doom is reasonable if you were to look at my doom listens compared to the rest of the genre but i have no shame there. listening to a lot of juice wrld was probably one of the least expected things for this last year but for whatever reason he really stuck (also rip)

Mando Pandango

Seeing this more and more places kind of all at once. No way this thing isn't collecting your information.

sry for being a downer but thought i should say smth
Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 22, 2018, 10:27:46 PMjesus absolute shitdicking christ, nu-boyah

Go Up