March 28, 2024, 09:23:55 AM

1,531,609 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Gonna take you to the bone shrine ;)

Started by JohnnyRingo2, November 13, 2020, 10:29:25 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

JohnnyRingo2

November 13, 2020, 10:29:25 AM Last Edit: November 13, 2020, 10:43:18 AM by JohnnyRingo2

n_u

Hiro

wawi

strongbad

JohnnyRingo2

Quote from: Hiro on November 13, 2020, 04:31:13 PMwhat am i looking at
The painting is a piece I had commissioned when I lived in Utah. It represents the cycle of life. At birth the light is neutral, creating variety as it spins. As that light shines, a variety of colors grow from it and began to degrade with duress before they are torn from the cycle and cast into oblivion.

The bones I found on a hike. They were significant, because that prior day I had learned from one of the Navajo mechanics the word for the skinwalker. The Navajo consider this word taboo, as it would capture the attention of said skinwalker. I climbed a prominent overlook and shouted it thrice to no effect. Fifteen minutes later I found the three bones you see not ten feet from another. I took inspiration from it, and added these to the shrine.

The Ouija board I purchased a few year back, drawing the Medicine Wheel symbol on its back with blood. I use this as a platform for my tarot cards. The tomahawk and knife act as a frame for these.

The beeswax candles act as a complement to the skylight's moonlight. I drink wine from the goblet my friend had made for me and listen to music after work. They number in three, the number of Hecate.

In short, it's a shrine to death and magic. It took some work to put together but I'm proud of it.

Quote from: strongbad on November 13, 2020, 06:54:08 PMare you trying to bring back doodthing?
;      Doodthing never left. He's been waiting this whole time. wariodood;

Quote from: wawi on November 13, 2020, 04:52:52 PMthis is a christian board
Aw shoot my bad. Imma go self-flagellate.

??????

this is a CATHOLIC forum
your painting reminds me of approaching death as my memory blurs and an ontological collapse soon follows

my wannabe occult friend did a tarot reading of me a couple of years ago

since I took it seriously I set the scene with some audio rip from earthbound's sanctuary boss theme and ate some wood rose seeds and smoked a joint to accentuate 'intent' to cast my lot

the devil and the ace of cards were in the middle of my spread and I got spooked

Go Up