Tech bros: What kind of tech do you work with?

Started by strongbad, August 26, 2020, 03:00:12 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

strongbad

In my current role most of my work has focused around visualizing data log data from Azure storage which involves Microsoft's Kusto Query Language. I had a bit of an SQL background prior to this and I 100% prefer Kusto now. Been using this + Grafana which is an open source visualization tool to make pretty dashboards for various things.

Been slowly moving into working with our production code in C# more. I had more or less been humored with small projects in C# over the last 6 months or so, but I've been working on some alerting tooling that benefits from actual knowledge of what I am doing (and not pretending that I'm just writing Python in C# lol) so I've been trying to brush up on things I am less familiar with.

I've actually enjoyed working with C# more than expected- Microsoft's integration with Visual Studio is pretty insane and some things feel like easy mode due to the integration. I think I would prefer to be working on Python down the road, though.

C.Mongler

i do frontend dev on Drupal mostly so lots of html, css/scss, js, and php lol. i don't really know wtf i'm doing when it comes to php but ive been makin' it work somehow. recently switched over to using visual studio, it frickin rocks

Go Up