April 25, 2024, 03:05:44 AM

1,531,645 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Da Sunday Scaries

Started by The Hand That Fisted Everyone, October 05, 2020, 09:28:27 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

The Hand That Fisted Everyone

WE'RE OLD. IT BLOWS.

one thing about getting old I was unprepared for was Da Sundae Scawies. The awful dread of the beginning of the work week (might have had that in school but don't remember)

WAS TOSSING AND TURNING IN BED TIL 3A.M. LAST NIGHT.

I'm tired as shit today at work. Drinking a morning cup of mud but this shit tastes like burnt buttsauce and I can't stomach it. I just want a good night's rest on Sunday nights is that too much to ask?????

HOW DO YOU COPE? DO YOU DRINK(CANT DO THAT) OR BEAT OFF OR THE COMBINATION OF THE TWO? IS THERE A PHANTOM THIRD OPTION THAT IM MISSING?

YPrrrr

Oh hey it's my every day of the work week routine, that's weird.

Yeah I have this terrible mental argument that if I don't go to sleep then it's more time I have to relax before waking up for work.

Which then results in me feeling like garbage the next day and probably contributes to a lower quality of life overall

I suppose I should just go to sleep earlier but I never feel tired enough to

Samus Aran

i've actually been sleeping very poorly in general this year lol. i tend to take longer to fall asleep, i tend to move too much during sleep, which causes me to end up sleeping on my arm and then i wake up with my arm asleep and i have to lay there and wait for it to painfully revive (and risk falling back asleep in the process which has made me late for work multiple times)

Hiro

i've slept like shit basically my whole life lol

ME##

Boogus Epirus Aurelius

Reading before bed is the trick. Dip in a half hour earlier than you normally would.
It's all about shoving as many distractions into your brain as you can.

C.Mongler

i just never sleep, and when i do its for like 5 hours max

i fully expect to have dementia by the time i'm like 50

??????

I had 11 hours of sleep two days ago
10-12 sleep time makes me very refreshed
anything below 8 and my head doesn't work and it feels like that day was wasted

Hiro

Quote from: ?????? on October 14, 2020, 11:29:49 PManything below 8 and my head doesn't work and it feels like that day was wasted
kinda feeling like this currently, been sleeping like shit and can't get anything done that day

Travis

Clara Listensprechen

Ahhhh, Monday. Didn't we have that LAST week? It's a helluva way to spend 1/7th of your life....and the best cure for it is to work the 12 hour swing shift. After you do, you'll wish you had your Sunday Scaries back.
Hmph.

wawi

for some reason, i can never sleep on Monday nights, I always pull an all-nighter

kettu

I haven't been a mail carrier long enough to fully commit to this answer but I will say the biggest thing that's been helping me is that I don't have pending projects at work that loom over me.
I used to work in dispatching for fire inspections for national accounts, like I would have a giant excel sheet with pending inspection work orders that had to be done just looming over me everyday.
The stress of knowing how many work orders were sitting there overdue just made me dread work so much.
Being a mail carrier is nice cos I have this giant truck full of packages and a few trays of mail in the morning but by the end of the day it's empty and all gone!
I really am thriving knowing there isn't anything I have to deal with the next day or coming days, it's short term goals easily completed everyday.
Maybe I just need constant positive reinforcement lol
Either way I am way less stressed and anxious for work.
I do get anxious that I'm going to have like 5 12 hour days in a row tho loooooooooooool

YPrrrr

Noice glad you're enjoying your new gig. Just don't let the Christmas rush drive you crazy like that evil postman in Olive the other Reindeer

??????

you guys tried xans or valium
or uh, melatonin or glycine
a magnesium supplement?

Go Up