Behold, The Last Good Android Shitphone:

Started by Kalahari Inkantation, July 23, 2020, 09:18:25 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Kalahari Inkantation

July 23, 2020, 09:18:25 PM Last Edit: July 23, 2020, 11:24:13 PM by Magyarorszag
last year i dropped my Samsung Galaxy S8+™ on my bathroom floor, shattering the lower right corner of the screen

a tragic tale indeed, but it did work just fine otherwise so i slapped a screen protector on it and gave it to my dad lol

i replaced it with the very last good android phone, the galaxy note 9

whose rear glass i apparently broke at some point in the last month or so, don't know exactly when or how it could have happened and didn't even notice until i incidentally removed the case SocksDood;

purely cosmetic damage that was concealed by the case anyway, nonetheless it bothered me a lot but i wasn't about to give s*ms*ng's goons a whole fukken $100 to fix it

instead i took a massive risk and attempted it myself, and also used the opportunity to customize it a bit

And now I have what is perhaps the world's only purple AND copper Note 9. AWESOME

from BROKE

to BESPOKE

the copper variant was never even made available in the us lol

cost me ~$25 total, and it would've been ~$14 if the hair dryer hadn't died 30 seconds in goodjob;

still, the result is a savings of $75, a good learning experience, and a truly one-of-a-kind æsthetic for the last good android shitphone ever nyandood;

strongbad

damn that looks cool

i could probably use a new phone soon- my nokia 6.1 is starting to get a case of the slows

ME##

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: strongbad on July 24, 2020, 01:04:07 PMdamn that looks cool

i could probably use a new phone soon- my nokia 6.1 is starting to get a case of the slows

ikr giggle;

and wow i can't believe that phone is well over 2 years old already

the note 9 just turned 2 too, but thankfully it came with a flagship processor and plenty of ram so i'm hoping to hold onto it until at least late 2021-early 2022 lol

any potential upgrades you've been looking at y/n

Kalahari Inkantation

July 24, 2020, 07:38:07 PM #4 Last Edit: July 24, 2020, 07:41:14 PM by Magyarorszag
Quote from: ME## on July 24, 2020, 02:52:40 PMTec, real men use an iPhone XR

two things i've learned in my years:

1. never trust a male iphone user
2. never trust a female android user

though i have to say the new iphone se is an extraordinarily enticing offer lol

a far better processor than could possibly be had with android at ANY price, and only $400 O_0

meanwhile lagdroid flagshits with their pitifully inferior processors START at $1200+ lolol

strongbad

Quote from: Magyarorszag on July 24, 2020, 07:35:27 PM

ikr giggle;

the note 9 just turned 2 too, but thankfully it came with a flagship processor and plenty of ram so i'm hoping to hold onto it until at least late 2021-early 2022 lol

nah haven't really done any market research but will prob go for whatever will give me the best vanilla android experience for under $300.. maybe $350.. any suggestions?

silvertone

C.Mongler

probs gonna pick up the iphone 12, now that u can run emulators p easily on iOS that A14 is probs gonna be a monster. i can already play most gamecube titles fullspeed on my iphone 10 lol

i do kinda want a phone with samsung dex tho not gonna lie lol

The Hand That Fisted Everyone

playing gamecube games on a phone sounds like hell on earth

strongbad

Quote from: The Hand That Fisted Everyone on July 25, 2020, 08:41:03 PMplaying gamecube games on a phone sounds like hell on earth
anything after snes on a phone is ridiculous

Hiro

damn that copper looks really fuckin good
I'm still using my Galaxy S8 until it breaks, at which point I'm considering either a S10e, OnePlus, or Pixel 4a
budget/compact flagships are the way to go imo

strongbad

Quote from: Hiro on July 28, 2020, 02:54:35 AMdamn that copper looks really fuckin good
I'm still using my Galaxy S8 until it breaks, at which point I'm considering either a S10e, OnePlus, or Pixel 4a
budget/compact flagships are the way to go imo
agreed
my friend who is "into" phones really wants me to get the OnePlus as my next phone. Seems legit

Hiro

My wife had a oneplus 3 and it was great, she has the pixel 3a now which is also v nice. Most flagships are way too big for me nowadays, and I still need a headphone jack. The oneplus nord seems promising but we'll see

Travis

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: strongbad on July 24, 2020, 08:00:55 PM
Quote from: Magyarorszag on July 24, 2020, 07:35:27 PM

ikr giggle;

nah haven't really done any market research but will prob go for whatever will give me the best vanilla android experience for under $300.. maybe $350.. any suggestions?

i'm w/ hiro, in that price range i'd def. be following the pixel 4a and the oneplus nord, and the s10e is potentially a good choice too

maybe the note 10 lite if you're interested in a stylus lol (though the note 9, the last good android smartphone, is better and cheaper)

Quote from: silvertone on July 25, 2020, 05:58:26 AMi got da iphone se

how does it make you feel y/n

Quote from: C.Mongler on July 25, 2020, 03:25:32 PMi do kinda want a phone with samsung dex tho not gonna lie lol

i thought this feature looked to have incredible potential but in my 3+ years of samsung flagship ownership, i've never once even attempted to use dex lol

i do very much like the idea though, and it certainly does have its use cases, just none that apply to me in any obvious way lol

Go Up