April 17, 2024, 06:34:38 PM

1,531,643 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

life's little mysteries

Started by Kalahari Inkantation, July 23, 2020, 07:56:38 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Kalahari Inkantation

July 23, 2020, 07:56:38 PM Last Edit: July 23, 2020, 09:23:24 PM by Magyarorszag
  • how superglue seems to stick to exactly everything except the one thing you most need it to be sticking to
  • when you drop a small object on the floor and it instantaneously teleports into an alternate dimension, never to be seen or heard of again

strongbad

Quote from: Magyarorszag on July 23, 2020, 07:56:38 PM
  • when you drop a small object on the floor and it instantaneously teleports into an alternate dimension, never to be seen or heard of again
  • st]
this drives me freaking crazy

ME##

Why my phone becomes slipperier than a bar of soap covered in lube the second I take off my case.  But it looks so much better without the case

strongbad

when my bike makes mysterious and unidentifiable sounds that come and go depending on the day

Mando Pandango

Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 22, 2018, 10:27:46 PMjesus absolute shitdicking christ, nu-boyah

strongbad

Quote from: Mando Pandango on July 29, 2020, 01:00:12 AMwhere does all the time go
ugh i just had the realization that it's been a year since i visited my friend in nyc

i know this is meaningless to everyone but it feels like i did this like.. 6 months ago? 9-5 puts you in a freaking time warp. i don't like it

YPrrrr

Yeah seriously my life since getting a job has flown by it's disgusting. Life took its time until I finished school

strongbad

Quote from: YPrrrr on July 29, 2020, 07:03:18 PMYeah seriously my life since getting a job has flown by it's disgusting. Life took its time until I finished school
i hate it. i feel like i used to meet so many interesting people and do exciting things consistently. now i feel like i have to plan out everything that i want to do to a stupid degree (this is amplified by my relationship but i think that's normal) and experiences feel much less genuine.

but to avoid it i either need to accept that i'll have no money (or save for a really long time i guess) or an abnormal job and lifestyle. the latter i would welcome but i think it is hard to seek these kinds of things out and i have to make sure my girlfriend is on board or leave the relationship

i really just stressed myself out lol

YPrrrr

Quote from: strongbad on July 29, 2020, 07:26:55 PM
Quote from: YPrrrr on July 29, 2020, 07:03:18 PMYeah seriously my life since getting a job has flown by it's disgusting. Life took its time until I finished school
i hate it. i feel like i used to meet so many interesting people and do exciting things consistently. now i feel like i have to plan out everything that i want to do to a stupid degree (this is amplified by my relationship but i think that's normal) and experiences feel much less genuine.

but to avoid it i either need to accept that i'll have no money (or save for a really long time i guess) or an abnormal job and lifestyle. the latter i would welcome but i think it is hard to seek these kinds of things out and i have to make sure my girlfriend is on board or leave the relationship

I'm right there with you. Realistically looking at it, the responsible way basically means you're saving and planning for retirement at which point you can go back to being in control of your own life  and regain a sense of spontaneity. It just requires sacrificing 30+ years of your life to steady work.

If you don't make bank that is. I really need to hurry up and think of that million dollar idea. Or like you said, run into some sort of unique scenario that you're not going to find on Indeed.com

strongbad

Quote from: YPrrrr on July 29, 2020, 07:45:16 PM
Quote from: strongbad on July 29, 2020, 07:26:55 PM

I'm right there with you. Realistically looking at it, the responsible way basically means you're saving and planning for retirement at which point you can go back to being in control of your own life  and regain a sense of spontaneity. It just requires sacrificing 30+ years of your life to steady work.

If you don't make bank that is. I really need to hurry up and think of that million dollar idea. Or like you said, run into some sort of unique scenario that you're not going to find on Indeed.com
Yep. I would welcome a million dollar idea but I don't love the idea of becoming a startup guy just chasing potential around. It would have to feel like definitely the right thing to do. I think the path of least resistance (and still a shit ton of work lol) is just to grind your career as much as possible. Min-max not hating it vs. the amount of money that you can make.

I think my best hope is eventually finding a well paying remote job and move to a way lower CoL area 

Mando Pandango

where's that smell coming from
Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 22, 2018, 10:27:46 PMjesus absolute shitdicking christ, nu-boyah

strongbad

Mando Pandango

Quote from: fat1259 on August 05, 2020, 07:18:36 PMThank you all for your kindness to me, I wish you good health and good luck!
You can make full use of the features of hypertext links, network interaction, and dynamic updates.
Provipgroup

FAT

strongbad

Quote from: fat1259 on August 05, 2020, 07:18:36 PMThank you all for your kindness to me, I wish you good health and good luck!
You can make full use of the features of hypertext links, network interaction, and dynamic updates.
Provipgroup

anytime homie best of luck out there

C.Mongler

Quote from: strongbad on July 29, 2020, 04:22:04 PM
Quote from: Mando Pandango on July 29, 2020, 01:00:12 AMwhere does all the time go
ugh i just had the realization that it's been a year since i visited my friend in nyc

i know this is meaningless to everyone but it feels like i did this like.. 6 months ago? 9-5 puts you in a freaking time warp. i don't like it
lol the other day was like
"hey remember when we went that one show together"
i was like "yea"
"that shit was in 2020"
my mind was fucking blown lmao i legit thought it was over a year ago

Go Up