April 18, 2024, 03:12:41 PM

1,531,643 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

famous alumni from ur various institutions of education

Started by Kalahari Inkantation, July 23, 2020, 08:23:52 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Kalahari Inkantation

reggie, the former president of nintendo america, graduated from my high school

Quote from: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reggie_Fils-Aim%C3%A9#Early_life

goowan

and while almost every university produces at least a famous individual or two and fame on that level is less noteworthy, a professor at my uni did invent MRI for which he won a nobel prize back in 2003 lol

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Lauterbur#The_development_of_the_MRI

interestingly, jef raskin, the apple engineer who pioneered macintosh, graduated from both my university and my high school lol

strongbad

woah what the fuck

that is awesome. we had a female Olympian swimmer graduate from my high school but i'm having trouble remembering her name

Hiro

uhhhhhhhhhhh one of my high school history teachers played for the nfl in the 80's, and the author of the Outlander series went to my college (for a while at least lmao)

Mando Pandango

Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 22, 2018, 10:27:46 PMjesus absolute shitdicking christ, nu-boyah

YPrrrr

July 23, 2020, 05:48:20 PM #4 Last Edit: October 31, 2020, 09:48:22 PM by YPrrrr
Charles Lindbergh... Frank Lloyd Wright... Dick Cheney

We don't talk about Dick

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_University_of_Wisconsin%E2%80%93Madison_people

Wrench

Ron Jaworski (better known as Jaws from ESPN) graduated from my college. Jeff Wilkins also went here and was the kicker for the Super Bowl 34 winning Rams.

silvertone

C.Mongler

Jim Acosta of CNN is probably the most well-known person from my college, JMU. Maybe Steve Arhancet, who co-owns big esports group Team Liquid. there might be some sports dudes but i dont know anything about sports lol

In a less "wow, cool story!!!" note, Allison Parker, the local news reporter who was shot and killed live on-air, not only went to JMU but she was a classmate of mine. I had several classes with her, one of which we sat next to each other and bounced questions on each other (it was one of my web dev classes that got me into the shit I do now); my roommate was the head editor of the school paper and worked very closely with her too. it was a very fucking uncomfortable day when I heard the news that she had been murdered awdood; she was a very kind person. 

strongbad

Quote from: C.Mongler on July 24, 2020, 10:05:42 AMJim Acosta of CNN is probably the most well-known person from my college, JMU. Maybe Steve Arhancet, who co-owns big esports group Team Liquid. there might be some sports dudes but i dont know anything about sports lol

In a less "wow, cool story!!!" note, Allison Parker, the local news reporter who was shot and killed live on-air, not only went to JMU but she was a classmate of mine. I had several classes with her, one of which we sat next to each other and bounced questions on each other (it was one of my web dev classes that got me into the shit I do now); my roommate was the head editor of the school paper and worked very closely with her too. it was a very fucking uncomfortable day when I heard the news that she had been murdered awdood; she was a very kind person. 
that is weird as hell
:(

notable alums, though

ME##

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stephen_Kline

Hmmm interesting that someone went to my high school designed a licence plate...

Hiro

Socks

uhh, high school off the top of my head: Teddy Roosevelt, The 3 Stooges, Glenn 'the Hurricane" Schwartz lol the rapper Cassidy, and Bill Cosby - only 2 years he dropped out/transferred and didn't graduate.

as far as Penn State alum, way too many to mention I think

6M69I69B9

billy corgan went to my elementary school and middle school.
daniel tani (former astronaut) went to my high school
jim belushi went to my community college

Quote from: Travis on April 03, 2015, 10:52:52 PM
gotta eat the booty like groceries

Quote from: Travis on March 01, 2018, 08:44:39 PM
Quote from: reefer on March 01, 2018, 06:15:08 PM
Technology and globalism go hand and hand. If you want to be on the forefront of technology then you gotta be global

the earth is flat you globecuck

6M69I69B9

Quote from: Travis on April 03, 2015, 10:52:52 PM
gotta eat the booty like groceries

Quote from: Travis on March 01, 2018, 08:44:39 PM
Quote from: reefer on March 01, 2018, 06:15:08 PM
Technology and globalism go hand and hand. If you want to be on the forefront of technology then you gotta be global

the earth is flat you globecuck

ME##

Go Up