March 28, 2024, 02:14:56 AM

1,531,609 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

your ideal life

Started by Hiro, May 30, 2020, 03:11:57 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Hiro

yeah I would like to feel like I'm actually competent at a decent job

silvertone

never in my work life have i felt competent and every few months i lewk back and rememver what i had learned in that time  and wonder how tf i managed before then

me003

My ideal life would be scrambling over peoples legs for a chance to lap up the puddles of grease that cling to their fabric, and then go home to help raise and train four itty-bitty turtles while doing a little bit of journalism on the side.
Quote from: reefer on November 29, 2007, 11:32:08 PM
No offense to her but she kinda doesn't know crap about shit

strongbad

Quote from: C.Mongler on July 17, 2020, 10:14:31 PMFeel more confident in what I'm doing in my career. Learn some shit. Get invested in something like the Drupal community idk. I hate having imposter syndrome all the time with my career because I literally just have a penchant for googling shit.

I want to be at a real web development shop someday but I feel like I'm out of my element most days lol
i'm starting a new project that involves stuff i am totally unfamiliar with (Azure Functions in C#) and I asked one of our more senior developers for advice on how to get my feet off the ground. Was basically me watching him Google shit for 30 minutes and be like "yeah that's probably what I'd do" lol

nobody knows shit (I also get anxiety from imposter syndrome despite acknowledging this)

reeper

live to 3,000 and sleep in a coffin

ikanaide

Quote from: strongbad on July 21, 2020, 09:59:11 AMi'm starting a new project that involves stuff i am totally unfamiliar with (Azure Functions in C#) and I asked one of our more senior developers for advice on how to get my feet off the ground. Was basically me watching him Google shit for 30 minutes and be like "yeah that's probably what I'd do" lol

nobody knows shit (I also get anxiety from imposter syndrome despite acknowledging this)
this gives me a lot of comfort cuz i'm also looking for a job in tech, it's good to know that we'll all just be googling stuff together

i have no idea about my ideal life tbh, i guess it would be one where good things that i don't expect keep happening. it feels rly nice when something happens that i could have never even guessed was a possibility and it improves my life

Samus Aran

I'd like to have published work out there actually making some money for me, even if only a little. I'd like to either be able to work from home (writing, producing other content as well), or work as a professor teaching creative writing classes/workshops.

And I'd like to live somewhere warmer than Minnesota lmao

ME##

just wait a few years and global warming will have conquered minisoda

C.Mongler

i want a house with a yard and i want more dogs

strongbad

Quote from: C.Mongler on March 30, 2022, 09:56:49 AMi want a house with a yard and i want more dogs
I have a house with a yard and now I want a house with no yard lol

It's a lot of fuckin work (although it is kind of fun and relaxing I suppose)

Mando Pandango

gonna be honest, i have absolutely no idea. I just want my technology to stop spying on me
Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 22, 2018, 10:27:46 PMjesus absolute shitdicking christ, nu-boyah

Go Up