March 28, 2024, 03:47:30 PM

1,531,609 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Best games bracket

Started by Hiro, April 29, 2020, 05:21:34 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Thyme

strongbad

are you kidding me melee vs starcraft in round 1? hardest decision i've ever had to make

strongbad

funny how some of them are so easy and some really make you think

strongbad

strongbad

April 30, 2020, 09:58:36 PM #19 Last Edit: April 30, 2020, 10:02:38 PM by strongbad

how predictable i know

toughest picks:
 - ikaruga vs pokemon
 - ssbm vs starcraft
 - halo 3 vs sf2
 - smb vs tetris
 - sf2 vs tetris

somehow sft2 vs tetris was easier than melee vs tetris.. and sf2 vs melee is a little harder than melee vs tetris. what is wrong with my brain

Mando Pandango

Quote from: Hiro on April 30, 2020, 03:54:27 AMPopsi: solid bracket, didn't know you liked Super Metroid that much, or Okami. also surprised rock band didn't make it further
I have a huge affinity for 2D exploration. Super Metroid fucking rules

As for Rock Band, I might have just picked gh2 for nostalgia but I think it also feels, for me, to be more competitive by nature which makes me like it more. Plus the more limited setlist so it feels like a singular challenge. Goofy logic I know but there you have it.
Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 22, 2018, 10:27:46 PMjesus absolute shitdicking christ, nu-boyah

strongbad

Quote from: Mando Pandango on May 02, 2020, 02:03:32 PM
Quote from: Hiro on April 30, 2020, 03:54:27 AMPopsi: solid bracket, didn't know you liked Super Metroid that much, or Okami. also surprised rock band didn't make it further
I have a huge affinity for 2D exploration. Super Metroid fucking rules

As for Rock Band, I might have just picked gh2 for nostalgia but I think it also feels, for me, to be more competitive by nature which makes me like it more. Plus the more limited setlist so it feels like a singular challenge. Goofy logic I know but there you have it.
agreed w/ the limited setlist. not in regards to music games but in fighters i definitely prefer a smaller (but balanced) cast over a larger cast. i'll even include melee in this because really only like 10 characters are viable lol

Hiro

Quote from: Nyerp on April 30, 2020, 06:12:41 PMLOL of course i get bloodborne as the winner

please note that i have never played like 50 of these games. also forcing me to eliminate nier automata and grim fandango so early on was cruel af.
Yeah looking at yours was p interesting but not terribly surprising, and it kinda helped highlight a few issues with the arrangement for some reason. kinda similar to my bracket aside from the soulsborne games preference, I'm just too awful at them

Quote from: strongbad on April 30, 2020, 09:58:36 PMhow predictable i know

toughest picks:
 - ikaruga vs pokemon
 - ssbm vs starcraft
 - halo 3 vs sf2
 - smb vs tetris
 - sf2 vs tetris

somehow sft2 vs tetris was easier than melee vs tetris.. and sf2 vs melee is a little harder than melee vs tetris. what is wrong with my brain
bruh nothing about yours was predictable at all, this was the most out-there bracket by far imo
You really seem to lean heavily towards competitive, multiplayer, and challenging "pure gameplay" type games, I also think you had maybe the least nintendo preference out of anyone
really helped me understand you more in regards to games wrench;

Go Up