March 28, 2024, 02:22:00 AM

1,531,609 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Best games bracket

Started by Hiro, April 29, 2020, 05:21:34 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Hiro

April 29, 2020, 05:21:34 PM Last Edit: April 30, 2020, 03:59:50 AM by Hiro
I spent way too long making this thing, after determining what I believe are the 128 most acclaimed games ever:
https://bracketfights.com/create/best-video-games-of-all-time-3519/

pls fill out and share, and post your Top 8

games that barely missed the list: Viewtiful Joe, Katamari Damacy, Company of Heroes, Starcraft 2, GTA Vice City, FInal Fantasy X & XII, Xenogears

wawi

Quote from: Hiro on April 29, 2020, 05:21:34 PMI spent way too long making this thing, after determining what I believe are the 128 most acclaimed games ever:
https://bracketfights.com/create/best-video-games-of-all-time-3519/

pls fill out and share

games that barely missed the list: Viewtiful Joe, Katamari Damacy, Company of Heroes, Starcraft 2, GTA Vice City, FInal Fantasy X & XII, Xenogears
I made a list how do I share? Just screenshot it? Didn't see a submit button, I'm  sorry

Nyerp

Hiro

Quote from: wawi on April 29, 2020, 07:07:27 PMI made a list how do I share? Just screenshot it? Didn't see a submit button, I'm  sorry
there should be a download button at the bottom

Mando Pandango

I haven't played a bunch of these l o l

Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 22, 2018, 10:27:46 PMjesus absolute shitdicking christ, nu-boyah

Hiro

YPrrrr

This was really hard and depending on the day I'd probably change some answers. I tried to answer based on what I could play over and over again without getting bored of it. But I probably didn't always apply that standard

The left side of the bracket seemed much harder to choose between for me. So many amazing games. Right side seemed like a lot of games I didn't care that much about went further.

Samus Aran

Samus Aran

Quote from: Hiro on April 29, 2020, 07:37:29 PM
Quote from: wawi on April 29, 2020, 07:07:27 PMI made a list how do I share? Just screenshot it? Didn't see a submit button, I'm  sorry
there should be a download button at the bottom

this didn't work for me - or at least, it mostly did, but the image would cut itself off about 3/4 of the way down. i just did a scrolling capture with my usual sharex to get around the issue

ME##

some hot davidopinions coming through

Hiro

April 30, 2020, 03:54:27 AM #10 Last Edit: April 30, 2020, 04:20:24 AM by Hiro
Popsi: solid bracket, didn't know you liked Super Metroid that much, or Okami. also surprised rock band didn't make it further

YPR: really interesting picks throughout, I figured Civ would be up there for you but most of your picks were unexpected. You're the only one that didn't seem to care for Shadow of the Colossus.

Kaz: went pretty much exactly how I expected, although I was surprised Silent Hill made it so far. you actually kept popping up in my mind when I was placing each game on the bracket. I intentionally tried not to spread out games that I thought you liked so more of your favs would make it further (my favs as well, and just generally games I thought people with certain tastes would like)

David: Rockstar-heavy as expected.  n_u  Ico, Wind Waker, and Halo were surprises for me though, and also that TLOU beat out Red Dead, since I thought that was your favorite game

also post your Top 8 for those who don't want to read the whole thing. Mine are Okami, Animal Crossing, GTA V, Ocarina of Time, Wind Waker, Shadow of the Colossus, San Andreas, and Breath of the Wild
games that didn't make the list that I love are Super Mario Sunshine, Harvest Moon 64, Chibi Robo, Advance Wars, FFXII, Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga, Elite Beat Agents, The Witness, and Jet Grind Radio

YPrrrr

April 30, 2020, 08:07:14 AM #11 Last Edit: April 30, 2020, 08:14:12 AM by YPrrrr
Well tbf I haven't played Shadow of the Colossus. I got it on PS+ for free but haven't had a chance to play it. The XCom series is also so classic and excellent I felt I had to give it some love.

There are honestly a lot of games I had to eliminate in rounds 1 or 2 that could have made it to rounds 4 or 5 had they just been in a different section of the bracket (Earthbound) . Like I haven't even played Half-Life 2 but it made my Sweet Sixteen because it went against other games I haven't played/don't care about. Ive got nothing against most of the games I eliminated early

Samus Aran

Quote from: Hiro on April 30, 2020, 03:54:27 AMKaz: went pretty much exactly how I expected, although I was surprised Silent Hill made it so far. you actually kept popping up in my mind when I was placing each game on the bracket. I intentionally tried not to spread out games that I thought you liked so more of your favs would make it further (my favs as well, and just generally games I thought people with certain tastes would like)

that area of the bracket was really difficult for me. sh2, re4, sm64, and sotn are all games i like about the same amount. which is to say i love them all dearly. for those, i had to make calls based on not just my enjoyment but also artistic merit.

most other choices were easier, though some of them were still very close (like ww vs ffvi)

ME##

Quote from: Hiro on April 30, 2020, 03:54:27 AMDavid: Rockstar-heavy as expected.  n_u  Ico, Wind Waker, and Halo were surprises for me though, and also that TLOU beat out Red Dead, since I thought that was your favorite game

As much as I bitched about Wind Walker, I did enjoy it at the end ultimately

And I feel like TLoU and RDR are close but the former has aged a lot more gracefully

Nyerp

LOL of course i get bloodborne as the winner

please note that i have never played like 50 of these games. also forcing me to eliminate nier automata and grim fandango so early on was cruel af.

Go Up