April 20, 2024, 02:42:37 AM

1,531,643 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

covid-19

Started by C.Mongler, February 28, 2020, 06:20:28 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

C.Mongler

becoming increasingly worried that we're all gonna die of starvation, not covid, boys madood;

Samus Aran

my store has been able to consistently have toilet paper for a couple days now. however, eggs are still pretty rare, only certain soups are available (no ramen lol), and rice seems to be a bit rare too

ClassicTyler

My store has been trying to find a balance. Since we have our own brand (H-E-B/Central Market/Mi Tienda/Hill Country Fare) it's a bit easier for us but the national brands are having a hard time keeping up so we tend to sell out of our own brands quickly too.

If we finally catch up on canned goods, it's frozen we're out of. If we catch up on frozen food, we'r back to canned food shortages. Then dairy. No more toilet paper/paper towels one day. Then plenty. It's a very odd balance game.

C.Mongler

I havent seen TP since this started lol. I gave up on paper towels and bought a shitload of rags that i'll just wash now. If i don't find some TP in the next two weeks looks like i gotta put my butthole under the tub faucet everyday sillydood;

6M69I69B9

Everything is mostly stocked back now at my stores, except for cleaning supplies, gloves, and masks.  Tp and paper towels still sell out, but much slower than before. 

I just broke out my N95 mask yesterdat with nitrile gloves, and I gave a friend a mask since he's the one most likely to get fucked with hours if anything gets worse, it was a spare anyway, anybody that goes out in my household for work already has a mask.  Then we just looked at prices on eBay and elsewhere for the same mask, lmao $80-$100 each mask.

Two weeks ago we had two shipments of...7-8 2-sets of masks. I bought 3 sets and they all went out within the hour after being stocked at around 9AM.  So glad I was there when it was fresh off the truck, should have bought more though.  Though lmao the guys that bought it, mostly bought it for work-related purposes rather than the COVID-19 panic.  We haven't had a shipment of them ever since lmao.

Anyway, I'm sick of working with DIY'ers for the dumbest shit.  Why can't they just stay home?  I understand the contractors trying to hold on to any jobs since money may be more tight around these times, but still.  I think traffic is slightly slowing down, but we are still getting business like nothing happened at times.  Lol, I'm expecting half the food joints around here with new looks, considering they have all the opportunity to renovate and that a good portion of people here have been buying here for that very reason.

I'm gonna go on a temporary two-week leave if shit gets worse though.  But I'm going to give it more time before I resort to doing that.  My managers have been really understanding at the very least.

Lmao also we just hit the 10K mark in IL.

Quote from: C.Mongler on April 04, 2020, 09:57:46 AMI havent seen TP since this started lol. I gave up on paper towels and bought a shitload of rags that i'll just wash now. If i don't find some TP in the next two weeks looks like i gotta put my butthole under the tub faucet everyday sillydood;
dam
I had to fathom buying a 24pk (it's equivalent to 96 rolls!!!) for $25 but did it anyway bc of its scarcity

Quote from: Travis on April 03, 2015, 10:52:52 PM
gotta eat the booty like groceries

Quote from: Travis on March 01, 2018, 08:44:39 PM
Quote from: reefer on March 01, 2018, 06:15:08 PM
Technology and globalism go hand and hand. If you want to be on the forefront of technology then you gotta be global

the earth is flat you globecuck

strongbad

Quote from: The Hand That Fisted Everyone on April 03, 2020, 05:35:23 PMso everyone at work that didnt get laid off got kept around as either full time at 80% of their salary or part time.

except me, thanks to portland's 15$/hr minimum wage they can't cut my salary to 80% cause I'd be making less than minimum wage lol. i should be grateful i still have a job but finding out about my wage today just pissed me off more for some reason lol.
wow that is some horse shit

Travis

Quote from: C.Mongler on April 04, 2020, 09:57:46 AMI havent seen TP since this started lol. I gave up on paper towels and bought a shitload of rags that i'll just wash now. If i don't find some TP in the next two weeks looks like i gotta put my butthole under the tub faucet everyday sillydood;
try costco

C.Mongler

Quote from: Travis on April 05, 2020, 12:52:09 PM
try costco
u couldnt pay me to go to my local costcos right now lol
maybe if i get bored and drive to a rural-ish VA/MD one lol

C.Mongler

lol hell ya costco.com had some tp in stock im good for another month or two of shits baby

Hiro

i took a handful of nitrile gloves from work on my last day, and happened to have bought a 10-pack of n65 masks on clearance like a year ago so i have that stuff i guess
also there were like 10 packs of tp at target the other day so I got one, haven't had any tp for like 2 weeks

Karel

I have had a bunch of those cool black gloves for auto work you can get at a NAPA or Advance Auto Parts or what have you

No mask but I make do with a couple bandannas. I wish I could get wipes though, or paper towels

C.Mongler

my cousin-in-law dropped off like 10 n95 masks and a bunch of gloves yesterday. not entirely convinced he's not hoarding them to sell like a dickhead (absolutely something he would do) but happy to have a few i guess??

Karel

Quote from: C.Mongler on April 10, 2020, 06:44:04 AMmy cousin-in-law dropped off like 10 n95 masks and a bunch of gloves yesterday. not entirely convinced he's not hoarding them to sell like a dickhead (absolutely something he would do) but happy to have a few i guess??
if he gives me one i will put in a good word

C.Mongler

ironically i ordered a few kn95 masks the day prior and have no clue what to do with those now lol

Samus Aran

im just usin a homemade cloth mask

Go Up