May 02, 2024, 08:55:40 PM

1,531,645 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

covid-19

Started by C.Mongler, February 28, 2020, 06:20:28 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

tommy_no_ice

Quote from: Samus Aran on March 26, 2020, 10:30:31 PMthe business of chilling out

gettin ice cold up in this b LOL

Quote from: Travis on September 03, 2019, 02:10:01 PMalright here goes nothing

"If you have to shit then shit. If not, don't"
Quote from: Travis on November 29, 2019, 07:58:48 PMjimmy fallon his ass when he got too wasted

Hiro

i still work but I only get like 20 hours a week now lmao
on the plus side the worst child we had got kicked out and there's only been like 10 children in my class each day, but also my coworker is quarantined because she had a potential exposure so and she was far better at actually keeping the kids under control
then again if she were working i'd probably get even less hours

??????

I've been unemployed since March 10th maybe
I can't collect unemployment cos it's not capable of handling so many calls all at once and my claims aren't being processed because of it

my job still sends me checks every week
fiancé stopped receiving checks a week ago
his unease bothers me
 says I treat life too carelessly and his mood is down from financial insecurity and tells me I have to change cos I'm engaged now

personally I think it's a waste to be nervous when you have all this free time infront of you
don't care much about finances cos I'd simply not pay rent and save myself 1,500$
I'd risk the landlord trying to reach small claims court during a pandemic
is he going to evict me? lol

strongbad

Quote from: ?????? on March 30, 2020, 02:46:07 AMpersonally I think it's a waste to be nervous when you have all this free time infront of you
don't care much about finances cos I'd simply not pay rent and save myself 1,500$
I'd risk the landlord trying to reach small claims court during a pandemic
is he going to evict me? lol
Can they evict you right now? They banned evictions in Seattle a few weeks ago

YPrrrr

Yeah they suspended evictions for 90 days starting March 16th in New York state

6M69I69B9

hope you guys are doing fine atm
seeing bunch of pics of ppl lining up at markets on twatter and i haven't seen shit like that at all since like two weeks ago

right now where i live there's plenty of food and ppl staying pretty calm.  just out of tp, paper towels, batteries (literally one guy bought all of them), and cleaning products.  any food that was previously bought out have mostly been restocked, water bottles back (for now)

so when i look at these pics im just kinda concerned lol...
Quote from: Travis on April 03, 2015, 10:52:52 PM
gotta eat the booty like groceries

Quote from: Travis on March 01, 2018, 08:44:39 PM
Quote from: reefer on March 01, 2018, 06:15:08 PM
Technology and globalism go hand and hand. If you want to be on the forefront of technology then you gotta be global

the earth is flat you globecuck

The Hand That Fisted Everyone

rent suspension aka as soon as this is over u getting hit with a bill for 3 months rent lol

tommy_no_ice

shoulda bot prpoerty

Quote from: Travis on November 29, 2019, 07:58:48 PMjimmy fallon his ass when he got too wasted

YPrrrr

Quote from: The Hand That Fisted Everyone on March 30, 2020, 10:58:52 PMrent suspension aka as soon as this is over u getting hit with a bill for 3 months rent lol

p much lol

Hiro

haven't gone to work so far this week, who knows about the rest of the week
not sure what's going to happen then  awdood;

strongbad

GF is quitting her job. She was really stressing about her employers not caring about social distancing, and after drilling into the "who are essential employees" list, it called out that she wasn't essential and should stay home ("private childcare is essential only if the parents are essential employees"). so she was like okay the government is telling me to stay home. Then her employers were like "well.. we consider ourselves to be essential employees (amazon + microsoft employees lol) so you still need to come in.

thankfully they agreed to lay her off so she can get the unemployment benefits, but it is still a huge shame. she had a really good relationship with them prior to all of this (for almost 3 years and two of their children) and if anything this has just exposed their entitlement.

Nyerp

Hiro

So my boss called me about an hour ago and told me that since things are only getting worse at work, I have two options:
-Work 2 or 3 days a week and make very little money
-get furloughed starting money which gives me a full pay for this week, and then i'm eligible for full unemployment benefits

so looks like I'm gonna be off for a while, going to try to make use of this time to work on my creative skills and look into moving out of arizona once things calm down a bit

tommy_no_ice

death s go up and the blessings come down that's what I'm saying brother go get it

The Hand That Fisted Everyone

so everyone at work that didnt get laid off got kept around as either full time at 80% of their salary or part time.

except me, thanks to portland's 15$/hr minimum wage they can't cut my salary to 80% cause I'd be making less than minimum wage lol. i should be grateful i still have a job but finding out about my wage today just pissed me off more for some reason lol.

Go Up