April 23, 2024, 03:36:14 PM

1,531,645 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

covid-19

Started by C.Mongler, February 28, 2020, 06:20:28 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

C.Mongler

i mean i know ill be fine in the grand scheme of things because i am young and healthy, but i would not be shocked at this point if i end up getting it. the bus i ride everyday, twice a day, has a stop right outside that church lol

the pastor got it through community spread via an unknown source himself, so its already making its rounds nearby 

YPrrrr

Hm yeah sounds pretty likely. Hopefully your work will be understanding or you have lots of PTO saved up. Hopefully most employers will be understanding as this goes around since there should be zero chances taken on sick employees coming to work but this is America so who knows.

C.Mongler

yeah i have like 3 weeks of sick leave plus like another 3 weeks of personal and vacay. and i can work remotely too so it shouldnt be a huge deal. we'll seeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Mando Pandango

Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 22, 2018, 10:27:46 PMjesus absolute shitdicking christ, nu-boyah

silvertone

hope this wuhan shit fucks up pittsburgh

6M69I69B9

March 09, 2020, 04:21:25 PM #35 Last Edit: March 09, 2020, 04:33:39 PM by 6M69I69B9
how's the corona shit been for everyone?

man im about to just stock on toilet paper and paper towels.  someone bought all the hand sanitizer, masks keep on being depleted, and gloves are now starting to go.

nobody i know irl is actually concerned for now, and i wasn't concerned much until the supplies started getting sold out.  tbh it's mostly been asians that have been buying things out at my place and asking about the restocking. 

Quote from: Travis on April 03, 2015, 10:52:52 PM
gotta eat the booty like groceries

Quote from: Travis on March 01, 2018, 08:44:39 PM
Quote from: reefer on March 01, 2018, 06:15:08 PM
Technology and globalism go hand and hand. If you want to be on the forefront of technology then you gotta be global

the earth is flat you globecuck

C.Mongler

for fucks sake

so my wife started a new job today as a volunteer manager today, and one of the volunteers comes in and he just got back from South Korea 5 days ago and he says he doesn't have any symptoms but he wants to know if he can still volunteer; he said his wife is quarantining herself but he thought she was overreacting. 

like one you can be asymptomatic and still be contagious for UP TO FOURTEEN DAYS but more importantly COULD YOU NOT HAVE JUST CALLED AND ASKED THIS????

Jesus Christ America is screwed lol

Hopefully this dude, and by extension my wife, and by extension me, are fine, but still what the fuck lmao

6M69I69B9

March 09, 2020, 10:11:09 PM #37 Last Edit: March 10, 2020, 01:19:28 AM by 6M69I69B9
lmao rup

despite all of the talk of it, I still don't know how severe (as in how it affects your health) it is
all i know is that it's basically a boomer purge lmao
Quote from: Travis on April 03, 2015, 10:52:52 PM
gotta eat the booty like groceries

Quote from: Travis on March 01, 2018, 08:44:39 PM
Quote from: reefer on March 01, 2018, 06:15:08 PM
Technology and globalism go hand and hand. If you want to be on the forefront of technology then you gotta be global

the earth is flat you globecuck

C.Mongler

strongbad

I've pretty much lost all concern that I had for it (personally at least). The low death rate in South Korea (where they're testing everyone) makes me feel better. If anything I'm loving how quiet my commute is. I take the same bike route and on occasion bus route as all Seattle Microsoft employees and it is like 20% of the people as it once waa

strongbad

Also my office has never been better with 75% of people working from home. I might be enjoying this all too much

Thyme

though - and i'm not saying he's wrong - it's been pointed out that the guy who wrote this is not much of an authority?

C.Mongler

Quote from: Thyme on March 11, 2020, 08:27:52 AMthough - and i'm not saying he's wrong - it's been pointed out that the guy who wrote this is not much of an authority?
fair, though i've seen some virologists and epidemiologists quote his article and say he's more of less in the right frame of mind. plus he's got a few engineering degrees, hopefully he can math n graph decently lol. basically action needs to be taken to control the spread, or it will overwhelm the healthcare system which will in turn make the death rate drastically higher.

Quote from: antmaster5000 on March 11, 2020, 07:36:18 AMI've pretty much lost all concern that I had for it (personally at least). The low death rate in South Korea (where they're testing everyone) makes me feel better. If anything I'm loving how quiet my commute is. I take the same bike route and on occasion bus route as all Seattle Microsoft employees and it is like 20% of the people as it once waa
idk why SK's situation is making you feel better when the US's situation is basically the polar opposite lol. SK took drastic, novel approach using technology to make its citizens aware of the scope and impact and to test and isolate as many people as possible. the us is still testing only a few hundred (compared to thousands in SK) of people a day. check the article i posted, it breaks down why letting it go unchecked will likely lead to a much higher death rate.
of course being young you yourself may be fine, but that doesnt mean you couldnt accidentally spread it to older or vulnerable folks in your life who will not be fine.
idk!  sillydood;

YPrrrr

Quote from: antmaster5000 on March 11, 2020, 07:55:15 AMAlso my office has never been better with 75% of people working from home. I might be enjoying this all too much
Thanos was right!

Go Up