April 23, 2024, 11:36:22 AM

1,531,645 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

what tattoos are you scheming?

Started by strongbad, February 21, 2020, 08:55:27 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

strongbad

i now have two small tattoos (i got an ant tattoo roughly the same size as my doodthang) and which has made me realize how untattooed the rest of my body is

i think just the cyclists from this album art would be badass as a forearm tattoo or maybe on my leg somewhere (shamelessly stole this idea from an old coworker but i love kraftwerk and bikes)

a bit more random but i've been thinking about getting a tattoo of a happy or cool sunhshine character in kind of a toon (cuphead) style on my bicep. there's an artist in seattle (https://www.instagram.com/cooltrev/?hl=en_) who does pretty cool stuff in that style and i want something that is a bit more traditional

also still thinking about getting a solid band (maybe two solid bands with some whitespace in between) on my lower bicep which i have been wanting for a very long time so i should probably just do it lol

Mando Pandango

The only one I've ever held onto long enough to follow through on is based on this album cover:

https://teramelos.bandcamp.com/album/patagonian-rats

It would be a silhouette of the sign itself shaded in with light green. I'd want the shading to be real specific so I wouldn't want to do it unless I can put up the money to have it done really well.

Inner biceps maybe?
Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 22, 2018, 10:27:46 PMjesus absolute shitdicking christ, nu-boyah

strongbad

Quote from: Mando Pandango on February 21, 2020, 04:57:26 PMThe only one I've ever held onto long enough to follow through on is based on this album cover:

https://teramelos.bandcamp.com/album/patagonian-rats

It would be a silhouette of the sign itself shaded in with light green. I'd want the shading to be real specific so I wouldn't want to do it unless I can put up the money to have it done really well.

Inner biceps maybe?
very specific but i like it a lot

YPrrrr

Tattoos aren't for me but they do look cool on other people. Honestly a lot of tattoo work should be hung in museums.

I don't want to permanently commit to any design though

C.Mongler

• a dood thing
  • a garfield
  • a master sword
  • two people embracing while on fire, for my boy scott hutchison who died to suicide, from the frightened rabbit's song 'the twist'; "I need human heat"
  • pizza

Mando Pandango

Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 22, 2018, 10:27:46 PMjesus absolute shitdicking christ, nu-boyah

C.Mongler

idk i like how fucking stupid classic garfield looks

maybe this one of him smokin a fat bowl

Mando Pandango

I'm laffin. That's a good one

If I got a few tattoos I'd probably get Fat Pikachu eventually

strongbad

Quote from: C.Mongler on February 24, 2020, 01:16:44 PMidk i like how fucking stupid classic garfield looks

maybe this one of him smokin a fat bowl

lmao i love that

Hiro

currently debating what tattoo i should get this year

tommy_no_ice

getting some of my dumas tattoos lasered off

Quote from: Travis on September 03, 2019, 02:10:01 PMalright here goes nothing

"If you have to shit then shit. If not, don't"
Quote from: Travis on November 29, 2019, 07:58:48 PMjimmy fallon his ass when he got too wasted

strongbad

think i'm gonna get a good ol speed skull when shops open back up

Karel

i was trying to think of ways to cover up my RHCP red asterisk with something. I had a plan with a dude who did a sweet personalized infinity door on me, but I quit my high paying job and I dropped the ball on him. If I had enough money I could go back and ask him but he's one of those that artists bounce around often so who knows

i think it would be cool to get a botanical illustration. many of my field research coworkers are talking about getting grass tattoos so that seems like a thing. Some grasses are pretty cool and have intricate designs if you're not just glancing at them

I don't think I could get another band tattoo, though. Bands are starting to feel only very situational for me at this point. RHCP was good to me in high school but didn't persist much longer after I got it a little more than a decade ago. I have a couple literature inspired tattoos, a pin-up mexican surfer girl, a cute lizard, and a stick-n-poke of a demon summoning symbol I did on myself that I found out later was from a sheet that someone made up for their own design practice, but none of it has ever made me feel as much regret as getting this RHCP tattoo

tommy_no_ice

LMAO if I interviewed a guy w a red hot Chile peepers tatto id tel him he's fired

Quote from: Travis on September 03, 2019, 02:10:01 PMalright here goes nothing

"If you have to shit then shit. If not, don't"
Quote from: Travis on November 29, 2019, 07:58:48 PMjimmy fallon his ass when he got too wasted

Thyme

Quote from: Mando Pandango on February 24, 2020, 01:25:44 PMIf I got a few tattoos I'd probably get Fat Pikachu eventually

damn kinda want a fat yoshi tattoo now befuddlement

Go Up