April 24, 2024, 11:00:15 AM

1,531,645 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

cmongler are u online

Started by strongbad, February 19, 2020, 09:30:45 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

strongbad

this is the first time i have been online at the same time as another user in months

C.Mongler

strongbad

that's awesome bro i am eating a muffin myself

C.Mongler

someone put donuts in the kitchen it was pretty tight but now im working on a banana

strongbad

someone bringing in donuts is my favorite trope of corporate life

although my work has a culture of cutting donuts in half and only taking half which i find despicable (i still take the whole donut)

C.Mongler

yea people do that here too and then theres like 5 donut halves at the end of the day

whole donuts for life i cant stick my dick in half a donut

C.Mongler

yo i was gonna go to seattle next month but my wife, whom is unemployed, said that it probably wasnt the soundest financial decision so

sorry maybe next time  >_<'

strongbad

Quote from: C.Mongler on February 19, 2020, 09:38:55 AMyo i was gonna go to seattle next month but my wife, whom is unemployed, said that it probably wasnt the soundest financial decision so

sorry maybe next time  >_<'
damn rip

just to see the sights? oh well probably better to wait until the weather is nicer here anyway

C.Mongler

more like to smoke the sites ayyyyyyyy

but ya i just like seattle lol if it wouldnt be a huge pain in the ass to move cross country and if i wasnt a scared little bitch to lose everyone ive ever known i probably would humor the idea of moving

but ya my wife has some friends in portland so we woulda spent a few days there and then took the train up to seattle for a couple days and then flown back.

we still wanna do it at some point, we'll see lol

strongbad

that would be a very cool vacation. the train that goes between seattle and portland is so fun.

i like seattle a lot but i worry that i'll never move anywhere else in my whole life because everywhere that i visit seems to lack something that i like about the pnw. but there are worse problems to have

C.Mongler

ya my wife n i have wanted to leave DC for a bit. seriously considered philly for a bit but our sort of 'checklist of shit we need to figure out before we can really move' died lol. my biggest fear is that im gonna take a huge ass paycut due to cost of living differences; ideally it would be sweet to find a place thats central to dc but will let me work fulltime remote so i can get that dc check lol

i might have that leverage in my current job tbh just havent tried to ask yet

strongbad

Quote from: C.Mongler on February 19, 2020, 09:53:38 AMya my wife n i have wanted to leave DC for a bit. seriously considered philly for a bit but our sort of 'checklist of shit we need to figure out before we can really move' died lol. my biggest fear is that im gonna take a huge ass paycut due to cost of living differences; ideally it would be sweet to find a place thats central to dc but will let me work fulltime remote so i can get that dc check lol

i might have that leverage in my current job tbh just havent tried to ask yet
remote work is the dream for maximizing standard of living. i think i still prefer being in the office from a social and productivity (posting on boyah right now- case in point) perspective but i fantasize about one day making good money through a remote gig and living in a super low cost of living town where i can have a garden and shit

C.Mongler

yea i deff want at least 2-3 days a week of remote at a minimum for my next gig. dc is cool and all but i go out on the town less and less and would rather have like a small yard and a garage to do random projects i saw on youtube n shit lol and that would cost me literally millions of dollars here.

i could live out near my parents on my salary and stomach commuting like 2.5 hours a day as long as i could just stay at home a few times a week lol

strongbad

Quote from: C.Mongler on February 19, 2020, 11:55:28 AMyea i deff want at least 2-3 days a week of remote at a minimum for my next gig. dc is cool and all but i go out on the town less and less and would rather have like a small yard and a garage to do random projects i saw on youtube n shit lol and that would cost me literally millions of dollars here.

i could live out near my parents on my salary and stomach commuting like 2.5 hours a day as long as i could just stay at home a few times a week lol
hell commute

i negotiated 1 day of working from home/week with my current job (because of 1hr commute each way) and in a perfect world i think i'd like to have 2-3 days from home. i want a garage so bad haha

i do worry about moving out of the city for losing #bikelife. i love that i can bike everywhere that i need to in seattle and that becomes less and less realistic the farther i get from the city

YPrrrr

Damn look at this blossoming bromance. It's beautiful

Go Up