April 17, 2024, 08:07:33 PM

1,531,643 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

52 Games in 52 Weeks 2020: Decade Redux Edition

Started by C.Mongler, January 01, 2020, 04:38:18 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Nyerp

YPrrrr

Beat Donkey Kong Country

Dang that's a fun game

Thyme

silvertone

C.Mongler

Nyerp

deadly creatures beaten; a game which is great in theory, but is sadly ultimately a wii game

C.Mongler

lol ended up beating THPS 3 after booting it up randomly to test my new GC loader

silvertone

YPrrrr

Beat Mario Bros 3

It kinda lost the magic midway through and got sort of repetitive

Samus Aran

Quote from: YPrrrr on August 20, 2020, 06:32:17 PMBeat Mario Bros 3

it's a little too long for its own good, as it was of course originally meant to be played all the way through in one sitting. but if you are playing it in such a way that lets you come back to it, that helps. i'll always prefer world over it, but 3 is still phenomenal.

but i do think that world 5 (half ground, half cloud world) is a bump in the road, despite the world's interesting premise. i just don't really actually like the levels in it. world 7 is a bit spotty too.

YPrrrr

Quote from: Samus Aran on August 21, 2020, 12:13:50 AM
Quote from: YPrrrr on August 20, 2020, 06:32:17 PMBeat Mario Bros 3

it's a little too long for its own good, as it was of course originally meant to be played all the way through in one sitting. but if you are playing it in such a way that lets you come back to it, that helps. i'll always prefer world over it, but 3 is still phenomenal.

but i do think that world 5 (half ground, half cloud world) is a bump in the road, despite the world's interesting premise. i just don't really actually like the levels in it. world 7 is a bit spotty too.
pretty much sums up how I felt. Wish the castle "boss" also evolved or was more different as you went along. Even in World 8 you could just time your jumps to hit him right as he came out of stun.

Hard to complain too much given its age and how many levels they tried to pack in. Really high quality compared to a number of other NES games. Had some fun powerups too.

Nyerp

added "starfy: new vegas" and "the legendary fallout"

strongbad

Quote from: C.Mongler on August 16, 2020, 01:04:04 PMlol ended up beating THPS 3 after booting it up randomly to test my new GC loader
thats awesome. what's the loader?

C.Mongler

beat xenoblade definitive edition finally lol. holy shit what a game. there was a bit that annoyed me and that i found tedious, but overall a very fucking tight game. might even be my favorite game to grace the Wii now, kinda wild how little nintendo gave a shit about it in the States in retrospect. fans had to fucking beg for it for years and nintendo finally was like "ugh fine" they printed like 100 copies and only sold it at gamestop instead of saying HEY THIS IS THE BEST RPG WE'VE HAD SINCE MAYBE THE SNES DAYS EVERYONE CHECK IT OUT lol

C.Mongler

Quote from: strongbad on August 22, 2020, 02:04:55 PM
Quote from: C.Mongler on August 16, 2020, 01:04:04 PMlol ended up beating THPS 3 after booting it up randomly to test my new GC loader
thats awesome. what's the loader?
It's literally called the GC Loader lol. it's 90 bucks but it replaces your disc drive with an sd card slot so you can boot all your games off that:

https://www.black-dog.tech/gc-loader-pnp.html

Pretty sure its like a guy making these boards in his garage so you gotta be on top of it if you want to cop one. I think he tweets when a batch is going to go up? I saw the last one and literally set an alarm to get one and they sold out in less than 20 minutes lol

Anyway I love it so far, works perfectly and games seems to load faster too. The install is also super easy, the disc drive is basically in a cartridge slot of its own that you just replace with this lol. no soldering or anything, just gotta open the Cube up a little bit

probs gonna play some GC stuff for a bit now that i'm done with Xenoblade, I'm eyeing Twin Snakes and Eternal Darkness at the moment. Maybe THPS 4 but trying to save my Tony diet for the 1+2 remake in a couple weeks lol. all i know is i don't want to play another rpg for a fuckin' minute lol

Go Up