April 19, 2024, 09:13:57 PM

1,531,643 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

52 Games in 52 Weeks 2020: Decade Redux Edition

Started by C.Mongler, January 01, 2020, 04:38:18 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Nyerp

March 26, 2020, 12:12:12 AM #75 Last Edit: March 26, 2020, 12:15:53 AM by Nyerp
i didn't find the boss fights until near the end of my time in hailfire peaks so i had to deal with the constant barrage of attacks the whole time lol. really soured my mood. i also generally just don't like lava levels in games period, and i didn't find how they mesh the lava/ice themes together interesting at all.

ggm isn't THAT bad, yeah, but experiencing it as the second level really drove home how different the design principles of the two games are. it's one semi-open area and a series of cramped tunnels and side-rooms that don't feel connected in any meaningful way, and as a whole it's the most visually boring area in the game. worst humba wumba transformation, too.

and this is going to sound weird but the vertical layout and how it's sectioned off floor-by-floor kindaaa helped me memorized the layout of grunty industries better than some of the other levels??? like i can easily envision what floors 1, 2, 5, and the basement look like in my head right now. idk

maybe if my mood ever shifted on the game i'd move ggm up to okay and hailfire up to bad but that's not happening anytime soon lmao

Samus Aran

Nyerp

Samus Aran

AAAAAAAA

Thyme

Thyme

or more seriously

*a short hike

if you want something really short to add to your list
also it's really cute

The Hand That Fisted Everyone

Quote from: Thyme on March 26, 2020, 12:57:48 PMor more seriously

*a short hike

if you want something really short to add to your list
also it's really cute
qft

Nyerp

AAAAAAAA

Beat Yooka-Laylee and the Impossible Lair.

Mostly an alright game. God bless David Wise, although most of the soundtrack was not up to par for him. The writing was pretty damn funny though. 4th tonic slot... Jesus.

C.Mongler

Beat HL Alyx. Fucking incredible game.

Sad that all VR games will suck ass now in comparison.

C.Mongler

Nyerp

Samus Aran

Nyerp

if i weren't musically impaired i would wholeheartedly agree goodjob;

Go Up