Hideo Kojima Presents: A Hideo Kojima Production - DEATH STRANDING

Started by C.Mongler, November 18, 2019, 07:20:08 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

C.Mongler

ziplines are fucking awesome, shoulda called this game zipline stranding

AAAAAAAA

k I beat it

I think I loved it? I don't know. I thought I understood what was going on up until the last few chapters, and I'm still confused after reading explanations.

AAAAAAAA

Quote from: C.Mongler on December 31, 2019, 07:47:53 AMAlso holy shit the chiral artist voice acting was nuts lmao I thought I was having a fever dream

This plot confused the hell out of me because

1) I thought that the Junk Dealer was her father because he kept calling her "my girl"
2) Because of this and meeting her mother, I couldn't figure out why the hell she had an accent
3) I don't really understand why anyone would have an accent in this world given how cut off it is from other nations

C.Mongler

Quote from: SloppyJimbo on March 08, 2020, 01:14:07 PM
Quote from: C.Mongler on December 31, 2019, 07:47:53 AMAlso holy shit the chiral artist voice acting was nuts lmao I thought I was having a fever dream

This plot confused the hell out of me because

1) I thought that the Junk Dealer was her father because he kept calling her "my girl"
2) Because of this and meeting her mother, I couldn't figure out why the hell she had an accent
3) I don't really understand why anyone would have an accent in this world given how cut off it is from other nations
Lol yeah the entire thing was fucking bizarre and momentarily ruined muh immersion but towards the end i just found it kind of hilarious, idk
Apparently Kojima was adamant that everyone voice act their own characters. i guess chiral artist was some japanese model who kind of spoke some english so kojima went with it???
i initially had the same though; i thought she was like some 12 year old girl. first i thought she was the junk dealer daughter and then it felt weirdly pedophilic? but then i guess she was a grown ass woman after all lmao idk

Nyerp

why the fuck did you both think she was his daughter i'm so confused, 'my girl' isn't even that uncommon of a phrase. is english you guys' third language??

AAAAAAAA

I think it may have had to do with the hologram video of her acting really childlike. She didn't look like an adult.

Nyerp

she was acting like a cutesy anime waifu. remember that this is a japanese game and it makes more sense

C.Mongler

she was acting like she had a mental/developmental disability until i realized that she just could not voice act in english for shit lol

don't let's

Quote from: C.Mongler on March 09, 2020, 05:23:11 AMshe was acting like she had a mental/developmental disability until i realized that she just could not voice act in english for shit lol

How do you think cutesy anime waifus act?

C.Mongler

i mean if this was an anime waifu game sure but this is a STRAND game

AAAAAAAA

Nyerp

C.Mongler

cant wait til sam porter bridges brings me and my wife 5 new 2player board games to play

C.Mongler

Quote from: SloppyJimbo on March 08, 2020, 01:12:57 PMk I beat it

I think I loved it? I don't know. I thought I understood what was going on up until the last few chapters, and I'm still confused after reading explanations.
yea i beat it last night too. a flawed as shit game but i still kinda loved it idk lol

Go Up